Lincoln v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

15 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

The penalty was soft - Knight hardly put snything on him, and you certainly couldn’t call it grappling. But nowadays it seems acceptable that as soon as a player feeks contact he us “entitled” to go down. NO YOU AREN’T. You fall down if a trip, pull or push throws you off balance. Falling to the ground at the slightest chance is CHEATING. 

Bearing that in mind, Knight was careless and foolish to go into the challenge like he did. Incidentally, how many penalties have gone Derby’s way with challenges like that? I’ll wait…………

I was right next to where the penalty incident was .

It was 100 percent a penalty .

As soon as Knight was on the wrong side of his man after being turned he was in trouble.

I’m still fuming about that performance last night .

Having to endure Lincoln fans singing about spoiling our day out really hurt .

PS The minutes silence was immaculate as was the singing of the National Anthem. 

We are wasting our time posting as Rosenior thinks he has all the answers and doesn’t care what is said on social media .

He will carry on with same old same old. 

PS I thought he was the man for the job but I’m less convinced now as he’s as stubborn as anything 

Edited by Curtains
Added

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

What last night did was to lump a whole load of extra pressure on Saturday's match against Wycombe. It will be interesting to see how Liam approaches this.

More than likely that we scrape a home win against Wycombe or maybe draw, then lose the next away game at Cheltenham. The squad of players we have, should be achieving better results. No question. 

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We are wasting our time posting as Rosenior thinks he has all the answers and doesn’t care what is said on social media .

He will carry on with same old same old. 

PS I thought he was the man for the job but I’m less convinced now as he’s as stubborn as anything 

Are you suggesting our manager listens to fans on social media?

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I was right next to where the penalty incident was .

It was 100 percent a penalty .

As soon as Knight was on the wrong side of his man after being turned he was in trouble.

Out of interest, what in your opinion caused their player to fall - was it Knight making contact with his leg or foot, or through Knight pushing him? I was in line with it and, whilst I thought it was a risky challenge, I couldn't tell live what caused it or even later on replays. 

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Out of interest, what in your opinion caused their player to fall - was it Knight making contact with his leg or foot, or through Knight pushing him? I was in line with it and, whilst I thought it was a risky challenge, I couldn't tell live what caused it or even later on replays. 

IMO he tripped him 

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He’s already said he doesn’t look at social media.

He has no idea what anyone thinks and he just has his own ideas right or wrong 

Rightly so. I’m sure nearly all managers don’t read social media. It’s full of guff. He certainly shouldn’t change his ideas based on here or any other forum. 

1 minute ago, enachops said:

Rightly so. I’m sure nearly all managers don’t read social media. It’s full of guff. He certainly shouldn’t change his ideas based on here or any other forum. 

He shouldn't need to consult with social media to confirm that the form of the team is pretty dire at the moment. He is watching the same games as the supporters. 

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

IMO he tripped him 

So you can't say that you definitely saw contact? RoyMac5 thought it was Knight's arm coming across. I didn't see clear contact, either at the time or on the replay. So there's 3 different opinions. 

I'd love to see definitive footage and hear what the referee saw, because so far it looks a less than clear cut decision and I wonder if an inexperienced ref crumbled in the face of pressure from the home crowd. 

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

So you can't say that you definitely saw contact? RoyMac5 thought it was Knight's arm coming across. I didn't see clear contact, either at the time or on the replay. So there's 3 different opinions. 

I'd love to see definitive footage and hear what the referee saw, because so far it looks a less than clear cut decision and I wonder if an inexperienced ref crumbled in the face of pressure from the home crowd. 

No mate. 

Knight didn’t complain he got done 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Tell them that in 135 years Derby haven't finished below them in the league, you could also add that their highest ever league finish was 5th in Division 2 which we would consider a very mediocre season.  Maybe get him a cake and some party poppers to celebrate their achievement. Really rub it in. 

Haha but they may finish above us this season! 

20 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Waited until today to post as I was seething after the match tbh. Thanks so much for @Bossfor the tickets as besides the game me and my gf had a cracking time in Lincoln.  The performance was utterly abject from first to last, mistakes littered the game but tactically Rosenior is either blind or stubborn at this point. I said a couple of weeks ago we were making chances and it was bad luck but I now feel there are systemic issues hindering us. There is absolutely no urgency playing out the back and once a team presses us we look decidedly nervous and are almost bound to make an error. Wildsmith's distribution is also absolutely shocking and needs working on asap. 

In the middle playing both Bird and Hourihane is suicide, both ball players who lack any bite or willingness to track their man or contribute in any way besides spraying slow 10-20 yard passes back and sidewards.  Someone mentioned Bird might be wanting to talk to his agent, well given his start to the season I wouldn't care one bit if he did. It isn't helped by the lack of quality out wide, NML can't cross or finish to save his life (no consistency at all in whether he pings, balloons or gets the ball in the middle at all and misses too many chances) Dobbin too often tries to dribble and looses it and Barkhauzen can't finish. Collins isn't being used properly so I don't want to blame him too much and the service he's getting is horribly inconsistent. 

Our slow tempo, dubious quality, and lack of cohesion are creating a team that are too easy to defend and attack against. Our midfield lacks shape and a willingness and ability to actually contribute defensively leaving the defence over exposed. We've seen this in a lot of games this season and it's partly why Cashin is making so many last ditch challenges. The slow tempo, lack of a central outlet for a ball in the final third and poor quality out wide are all contributing to a lack of clear chances and clinical finishing against teams who decide they're going to sit in and close down hard against us. 

It's embarrassing to lose and put in a performance that deserved nothing against a team struggling at the bottom of division 3. There is no other word for it, utterly embarrassing and I hope the players and staff woke up this morning feeling quite ashamed that this has happened. Yes, every team we play against will give an extra 10% and so will their fans because we're not Sutton United. But the fact that we are Derby County needs to be a reminder to every single player to not only give everything in the shirt but demand a certain level of performance that we ultimately expect of them. Last night was not good enough, Plymouth was not good enough, Shrewsbury was not good enough. We need to get our heads out of our collective ar*** and demand better. 

Glad you've calmed down sufficiently now though ?

19 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

I actually find the passing around the back a bit embarassing and feel sorry for Wildsmith, Cashin and Davies with the pressure they are often put under.  Opposition fans must be loving it.  

When the passes aren't on just go long.  It's what every other team in the history of football does.  Why do we have to be the exception?

we are trying (badly) to showboat. we are not good enough to do that. This division calls for hard work, energy, roughhousing and pace.

Not sure the manager instills that or even sees that with his pseudo Man City attempts at tactics.

53 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

we are trying (badly) to showboat. we are not good enough to do that. This division calls for hard work, energy, roughhousing and pace.

Not sure the manager instills that or even sees that with his pseudo Man City attempts at tactics.

I agree with that. It's clear from the Plymouth and Lincoln games that we have been 'sussed out.' Unless the system is changed, all the other teams in this division will be seeking to press us down in midfield. The over emphasis on slowly passing out from the back lessens our game time in attacking positions. He has to move to a system where we play the ball forward much quicker.

Personally, I'm in favour of going to 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1. Collins is too isolated at present and needs closer support from a No. 10. A five man midfield with wing backs would strengthen us in midfield. I think Rooney has to be considered as the defensive midfielder - he's had three really good games in the cups and deserves a start now in the League. 

I think the squad is strong enough but the system has to change if we are to compete in the top six.

9 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I agree with that. It's clear from the Plymouth and Lincoln games that we have been 'sussed out.' Unless the system is changed, all the other teams in this division will be seeking to press us down in midfield. The over emphasis on slowly passing out from the back lessens our game time in attacking positions. He has to move to a system where we play the ball forward much quicker.

Personally, I'm in favour of going to 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1. Collins is too isolated at present and needs closer support from a No. 10. A five man midfield with wing backs would strengthen us in midfield. I think Rooney has to be considered as the defensive midfielder - he's had three really good games in the cups and deserves a start now in the League. 

I think the squad is strong enough but the system has to change if we are to compete in the top six.

For me Brailsford we need a 2 up front, Collins atm looks to have the plague as there is very little support from others, Our midfield with Bird and Hourihane is a busted flush, We have the players for a 3 at the back, It's the 5 in the middle that wants sorting, Could Mendez-Laing and Barkhousen be our wing backs? or Dobin and Osula there's 4 to pick from, Young Rooney in the centre to drop off with Knight and Hourihane either side and McGoldrick with Collins up front.

We have a good squad that's struggling with LRs formation