Lincoln v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

On 13/09/2022 at 22:25, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I take your point mate but I honestly don't think we really have played good stuff.

First half at Charlton was good, ended up losing cos the second half was abysmal.

First half against Barnsley was good. 

Last 20 against Oxford were OK.

Shrewsbury and Fleetwood very similar.

Peterborough we got out of jail against 10 men.

Tonight was pitiful.

I've never been sold on Rosenior, going back to the time him and Rooney were joint until Rooney took it full time. He talks a good game and it's like he's been media trained to within an inch of his life. He says things that he believes we want to hear, but the never ever backs up what he says.

Praises Oduroh and Rooney in the cup games they've played, says he's not afraid to throw players in, says nobody, not even players like Hourihane are guaranteed a start.

Not one single person would have moaned tonight if he'd have started Oduroh and moved Knight into midfield, infact, I'd argue most would have been very happy with it. I doubt many would have moaned if Rooney had come in for Bird.

I came out of Plymouth hoping that it was a blessing in disguise and that it had shown us up and maybe we needed that kick up the backside.

Rosenior has mentioned how good it's been having all this time on the training ground to work and then they go out and put out a performance like that?

I genuinely wanted things to work for him, because he seems like a really nice bloke. I've kept quiet with my reservations about him because I wanted to see him do well. But there is nothing here to suggest to me we'll be anywhere near the top 6.

Only one team have scored less goals than us and to get 2 points and score 0 goals from Charlton, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Lincoln away is unforgivable.

If anything the performances have been getting worse.

Teams have found out exactly how to stop us and Rosenior hasn't got the first clue how to change it.

Let's not forget that Rosenior was a massive part on the coaching field (By Rooney's admission he left Rosenior to the coaching) in which we won 3 out of 23 away games.

Well now it's 3 out of 27.

Not good enough.

Clearly Clowes isn't sold on him either. Otherwise he would be in charge by now.

Its not rocket science is it? This type of football doesnt work in england.

if rosenior wants to manage in this way then go get a job at one of the big two in the erdevise … u wont go wrong

like many have alluded to i want him to do well… like really do 

but the minute it became apparent he wanted to play this pointless possesion cocu style ball i was like.. if he gets the season ill be amazed

its slow, passive, ponderous and so easy to play against

Every manager in the league knows, let them have the ball in harmless areas and wait til they f*** it up .. then press the f*** out of thtem and theyll panic and give u a chance

weve all seen it here before with cocu and this is no different.

13 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

but the minute it became apparent he wanted to play this pointless possesion cocu style ball i was like.. if he gets the season ill be amazed

its slow, passive, ponderous and so easy to play against

This. I really want Liam to succeed and us build steadily around a bright young manager long term who seems to get us and the club. Would love him to build and take us back to top flight. For where we were at as a club, the summer signings (except CF and RB) seemed positive, as did the start to the season. But the style and importantly not seeming able to change it at all when its not working is frustrating. The style may work with higher quality players but we are still not up to full strength squadwise and options are limited. I am interested to see how Liam handles these bad results to get back the positivity back both on and off the pitch, particularly as crowd numbers drop off. I wasnt expecting promotion this year realistically but would like to be a little entertained at least.