Haydon Roberts

jono

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Very impressed last night. He ran miles and miles, gave everything. You could see he’d drained every reserve as the game ended. By no means flashy but skilled and works so hard for the team. Seems comfortable in every area of the pitch. Good player ! 

And hit an incredible cross field pass in the first half that led to fantastic move. Had his best game for us last night imo. 

• 5 months later...

I thought he was okay but not sure I would say he had a good game. Few touches that went out of play and was caught up field a few times and was always on the back foot defensively against Bowen and stuggled to get close (as you'd expect really). 

He played some nice cross field passes tbf to him and covered distance but I can't remember him doing anything too good defensively. 

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.derbytelegraph.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ftransfer-news%2Fderby-county-loanee-future-hint-8109212&h=AT1o8ivZzJ3fsWcyNfm2CnVhhPmG_1W24IBOY3q8C3AVrt_EWB6UjdqlwxHeOKry1nnAmRBjHZsYlXiSGCfg8c3bxDKKSNtZbni1zcmmiMfGvoLHLF2YsnYXP6GteKjS854Kr4JcW5UTEaI5UQNa

Would be quality to get him full time?

I noticed that he identified as a derby player in the interview and it seemed significant. Hope so. Didn't know his contract is up in the summer. Would be a really exciting signing. Tenacious, skillful, reasonably quick and strong with an eye for a forward pass. He's a great full back and could be a pacier option at centre back. I'd be so delighted to get him.

Edited by Andrew3000

3 hours ago, Magicman said:

We wil have options at LB Sibley Roberts & Springett . 

If we went into next season with Sibley, Roberts (even Fozzy as emergency cover during games), most fans and likely Warne would be happy with the left back position, whether it’s championship or league 1.

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

this boy gets better and better every game , would love to sign him permanently in the summer

Unfortunately, under the current business plan it seems very unlikely. Due to his age, if Brighton offer him a new contract, they will be entitled to compensation, which would probably be classed as a transfer fee, which we can't pay.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

Unfortunately, under the current business plan it seems very unlikely. Due to his age, if Brighton offer him a new contract, they will be entitled to compensation, which would probably be classed as a transfer fee, which we can't pay.

What if he rejected any deal, making himself a free agent, and then signed as one in the summer when the deal runs out?