Haydon Roberts

jono

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Deleted all photos prior to joining Derby and unfollowed Brighton on Instagram…

I'm pretty sure he said in his latest interview that there had been little to no contact from Brighton during his loan spell. 

Poor from Brighton regardless of their intentions regarding him. Get him signed up if we can I say. 

On 05/02/2023 at 20:36, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think there would still be a development fee due as he is under 21. There’s something in FIFA, EFL and Premier League rules about compensation being paid for the years invested in a young player, not sure if it’s dependent on a contract being offered or is just a standard thing anyway. It’s why we had something for Buchanan and Festy. International transfers are set amounts pre-determined by FIFA, I think it’s less clear between Prem and EFL clubs as there are examples of tribunals having to settle such matters (Ings and Elliot to Liverpool are 2 examples).

Hopefully that’s a consideration the EFL and Clowes can agree in the business plan. Picking up a couple of youngsters from other academies shouldn’t be penalised in my view, let us pay a sensible fee and invest in that talent. 

Well his contract with Brighton runs out on 31st May, the lad turns 21 on the 10th May. So if he rejects a new contract with Brighton, he would be a free agent.

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Well his contract with Brighton runs out on 31st May, the lad turns 21 on the 10th May. So if he rejects a new contract with Brighton, he would be a free agent.

And compensation would be due to Brighton for his development, as is in the league rules for all players under 24. This article explains it;

https://level.law/news/determining-the-level-of-compensation-for-out-of-contract-football-players-2

8 minutes ago, sage said:

only if they offer him  a contract

Which is what plymouthram said and I responded to;

Well his contract with Brighton runs out on 31st May, the lad turns 21 on the 10th May. So if he rejects a new contract with Brighton, he would be a free agent.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Which is what plymouthram said and I responded to;

Well his contract with Brighton runs out on 31st May, the lad turns 21 on the 10th May. So if he rejects a new contract with Brighton, he would be a free agent.

fair play

4 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Well if Brighton don't offer any contract, they miss out on a player they've had since he was 13. The two clubs involved have to decide the compo deal between them. Can we pay out compensation fees whilst under a business plan ?

Ideal scenario, they don’t offer him terms and he signs for us. Derby and Roberts win, Brighton miss out on a few quid but they’ve had many millions of late through their clever recruitment.

More likely is that they offer him terms and he has a decision to make. Hopefully the EFL and Clowes can agree an aspect of modest transfer/compensation fees in a revision of the business plan and Roberts joins us for £100k and box of cream buns from Birds.