Matchday Thread - Derby County vs West Bromwich Albion (23/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

1 hour ago, LERam said:

Great result

No doubt haters will say they played a weakened team etc, but it's always nice to beat a team further up the football pyramid.

Also want us to go as far as possible, even if it's not a money spinner and we won't win the thing. Winning means something whatever the competition 

Our side was as far away from our first choice side as theirs was. 

Great win. Hopefully a lift for Saturday 

Just in, what a performance and result. 

Sibley, Dobbin and McGoldrick have made a massive case to start against Peterborough. 

Kwako was assured at right back I would like to see him in and the obvious of Knight up into midfield. 

Next round, anyone as long as they don’t want more than 3000 tickets so we have to move out of the east stand. 

Wildsmith - did ok - not sure about his punches 

onorah - improved as the night went on 

Rooney - largely unnoticed which was a credit to him 

Forsyth - dropped into centre half again and was excellent 

Roberts - much better than previous games 

Thompson - ratted around excellently 

knight - so good 

smith - much better 

Dobbin - good run out 

Sibley - did what he does great goal and nearly another 

mcgoldrick - knows how to play football 

subs - all contributed 

much more energy in central midfield whilst the flimsy looking defence on paper did very well and a very experienced WBA basically only had the chances we served up for them due to over passing in our penalty area 

Really glad I went to that. Really encouraging to play as we did against a strong Baggies 11. Sibley and Dobbin were stand outs. Rooney did well again but wasted at centre half IMO, Oduroh getting better, Didzy needs more minutes but showed his class on a few occasions.

Looking forward to the next round, but will be going to Papa John’s next week as well - would love us to win some silverware at Wembley and really don’t want a play off final (hopefully we can get automatic done)

I enjoyed that. Good cup tie. Did their fans know this was an early round EFL cup tie? They are aware that our average home attendance is always above their own? Strange bunch but a good turn out to be fair. 

Sibley has to start on Saturday.

Some decent performances. Both teams could have had 4 in all honesty. We looked like a threat. Knight in midfield adds so much. Well played Derby-deserved it I think on balance. 

The referee was abysmal though. 3 times Robinson dived and to be fair he called it right but why no yellow? Bartley taking out Knight, the two tackles from behind not getting yellows. All very strange. The ball going out after their keeper saved from Sibley and carrying on. I could go on. Doesn’t matter now though does it. Onwards and upwards. 

COYR

Great performance from the lads tonight. Was actually a really enjoyable game for saying it was round 2. Some of our play was fantastic and the pressing out of possession at times was great to see and WBA couldn’t cope with it. 

Average: Wildsmith, Fozzy, Roberts, Smith, Thompson

Good: Oduroh, Rooney, Knight, Mcgoldrick

Great: Sibley, Dobbin

& Average doesn’t mean poor or anything negative. They all had steady games and did there jobs just the others stood out more. 

if we can start scoring more frequently we will do some teams serious damage this season. I’ve already said after watching a few championship games that this team on its day could beat a good championship side comfortably. 

Sibley and Dobbin class! LR well managed tonight too none of the cocu antics….

Forest at Home would be brilliant