Matchday Thread - Derby County vs West Bromwich Albion (23/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

23 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's an interesting viewpoint, buddy.  The likes of which I don't recall seeing on here previously.

Tell us more, pray.  

don't know whether you are joshing or not, with you its hard to tell, which make your posts and comments interesting!

I think B4 is referring to the appalling negotiations by the EFL over the last TV deal, where they effectively lay down in the doorway as the Sky execs arrived, and said "Wipe your feet  on the way in AND on the way out, if that's all right with you". It was an absolutely crap deal which is why not enough money came into the Championship. So Mel Morris set to with the owner at the time of Leeds United to set up a breakaway League in place of the Championship. Apart from almost setting up a friendly match between the two clubs to launch the alleged new League, nothing came of it. But by then, Mel's intentions were clear, and the EFL marked his card for later!!!

And like Jack Charlton's little black book entries, the EFL waited, and sure enough the opportunity arose once that self=proclaimed accountant-come-football expert poked his nose in about amortisation. At that point there was a twanging noise ass the fan blades turned to a certain shade of brown, and the aromatic qualities of the atmosphere were somewhat compromised.

And the rest is history ................... as should the EFL be!

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

don't know whether you are joshing or not, with you its hard to tell, which make your posts and comments interesting!

I think B4 is referring to the appalling negotiations by the EFL over the last TV deal, where they effectively lay down in the doorway as the Sky execs arrived, and said "Wipe your feet  on the way in AND on the way out, if that's all right with you". It was an absolutely crap deal which is why not enough money came into the Championship. So Mel Morris set to with the owner at the time of Leeds United to set up a breakaway League in place of the Championship. Apart from almost setting up a friendly match between the two clubs to launch the alleged new League, nothing came of it. But by then, Mel's intentions were clear, and the EFL marked his card for later!!!

And like Jack Charlton's little black book entries, the EFL waited, and sure enough the opportunity arose once that self=proclaimed accountant-come-football expert poked his nose in about amortisation. At that point there was a twanging noise ass the fan blades turned to a certain shade of brown, and the aromatic qualities of the atmosphere were somewhat compromised.

And the rest is history ................... as should the EFL be!

I'm so sorry mate... whilst your efforts are both admirable and appreciated, you really didn't have to go to all that bother.

I'll try to make my japes a little clearer next time.  ??