Matchday Thread - Derby County vs West Bromwich Albion (23/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

An excellent result. 

Irrespective of our chances in this competition, winning becomes a habit, hopefully a goal and a clean sheet carries the momentum into the league. 

Caught between wanting someone else at this level to boost our chances of progression, or a juicy away tie to top up the coffers.

2 minutes ago, LERam said:

Great result

No doubt haters will say they played a weakened team etc, but it's always nice to beat a team further up the football pyramid.

Also want us to go as far as possible, even if it's not a money spinner and we won't win the thing. Winning means something whatever the competition 

To be fair, so did we. 

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

An excellent result. 

Irrespective of our chances in this competition, winning becomes a habit, hopefully a goal and a clean sheet carries the momentum into the league. 

Caught between wanting someone else at this level to boost our chances of progression, or a juicy away tie to top up the coffers.

Get as far as you can is my preference. If our attendance is anything to go by, I don't know that a game against higher division is going to swell those coffers until we get to the quarters/semis! 

Go for the silverware I say! 

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just looking at the results, Walsall appear to be in the Southern half of the draw yet Wolves are in the North?

Walsall entered at round 1, Wolves round 2. Split will be based on the teams entering in those rounds.

There's no North-South split for the 3rd round though.

2 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Get as far as you can is my preference. If our attendance is anything to go by, I don't know that a game against higher division is going to swell those coffers until we get to the quarters/semis! 

Go for the silverware I say! 

45% of gate receipts will be a decent chunk of change against one of the likes of United, Liverpool, Newcastle, City, Spurs... but otherwise, yes.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

An hour gone and Jason Knight, playing in midfield, is the first to make way "as he'll be needed for right back duties on Saturday". According to WhoScored, Jason Knight in his proper midfield role has been our second best player on the night, only behind Sibley.

Hourihane comes on in his place.

As they play together for Ireland and Knights had 3 motm awards doing so would have liked them to have had sometime together while the chance was there .  Think we might be missing a trick.