Matchday Thread - Fleetwood Town v Derby County (20/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, Silko said:

Well another 90 minutes with the same stuff that didn’t work last season …. Rosenior wasn’t the answer last season he isn’t the answer this season …. no goals v Charlton Shrewsbury and now Fleetwood lucky win v Oxford 

I don’t want to hear any garbage that that it’s only early in the season the system is the same garbage no imagination let’s keep playing the system that produces 0 goals 

Im gonna say it now Rosenior to be replaced … so bad not one mention on Soccer Saturday 

Maybe Lampard can return cause he ain’t gonna be in a job much longer where he is 

What colour is the sky in your world?

Are you watching, listening or reading the commentary? Have you seen the match stats?

I don't know what Sibley has to do to get rewarded with a string of starts.

If he's on for the 90, playing in his best position, we create enough chances to win that for me. He created an absolute hat full and he frees up other players with his runs and excellent touches and movement in the final third. 

If Sibley doesn't start the next game Liam can put himself in the bin.

Edited by EulogyForEvolution

1 minute ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

5 games, dominated 5 games but only 8 PTS from 15.

Says it all really -certainly not looking like a side capable of promotion.

Think about the first part of your sentence... 5 games in, 5 games dominated. This is not something to get in a tizzy about.... but you will, and so will others. So I bid you all a good evening. Enjoy the misery - you'll have lots of company.

Disappointing result but we're doing everything right bar scoring.

Personally, I don't think we need to change things, have a plan B etc, we need a good end to the transfer market and try to bring in a Jack Marriott - someone thats gonna bag 20 goals in League 1.  Typically you need 80+ goals to get out of the league, back to front we're doing everything right, just need goals ? 

Just now, EulogyForEvolution said:

I don't know what Sibley has to do to get rewarded with a string of starts.

If he's on for the 90, playing in his best position, we create enough chances to win that for me. He created an absolute hateful and he frees up other players with his runs and excellent touches and movement in the final third. 

If Sibley doesn't start the next game Liam can put himself in the bin.

There were a load of chances when Sibley wasn't on the pitch

Can you think of a Derby side that created so many chances over an entire season and failed to convert them? I can only think of 04/05 where we hit the woodwork 15 times but even then we finished 4th.

My point is nobody is this wasteful for long. Either we start scoring or the chances dry up altogether, but this, this does not last an entire season.

2 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Feels like a loss tbh, we have to be winning these games. 

Questions have to be asked really about the quality of the attacking players we've bought in, especially Collins.

Still early days but not convinced our attacking set up is good enough for promotion, Collins needs dropping to the bench next few games imo. 

I’d put mcgoldrick up top with sibley behind next game

2 minutes ago, Silko said:

Well another 90 minutes with the same stuff that didn’t work last season …. Rosenior wasn’t the answer last season he isn’t the answer this season …. no goals v Charlton Shrewsbury and now Fleetwood lucky win v Oxford 

I don’t want to hear any garbage that that it’s only early in the season the system is the same garbage no imagination let’s keep playing the system that produces 0 goals 

Im gonna say it now Rosenior to be replaced … so bad not one mention on Soccer Saturday 

Maybe Lampard can return cause he ain’t gonna be in a job much longer where he is 

And just how many times last season did we have 26 shots, 8 on target? Give your head a wobble. We are creating loads of chances, and it was last ditch tackles, last minute blocks, clearances of the line and saves by the keeper. 

Eventually a goal will go in, we will win an away game and teams will start to worry about us.

7 minutes ago, Silko said:

We kept losing away last season, whilst we haven’t won away in the league we have avoided defeat in these last 2. So that’s different. We’re also dominating teams with our possession, ok that’s the same as last season. What seems to be different is we are taking shots, there can’t be many games last season in which we at least attempted to score 27 times like we did today? 
The players need the confidence of a goal, and to keep working on their finishing in training. These last two games the other sides have set up to make it hard for us to play, and ground out a point, as the home team. It’s not like they played us off the park in either game.
It’s another point on the board and another clean sheet, which in my view isn’t the worst outcome. If in another 5-10 games we’re still in the same toothless state I’ll agree with you, for now I’m gonna carry on being patient.

9B434837-BD5D-4F1F-9E5A-C5418DF212FD.jpeg

Edited by Caerphilly Ram