Matchday Thread - Mansfield Town v Derby County (09/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We were competitive Saturday. Could easily have won. We just need to keep that mentality whether we win or not. 

I'd like to think we were a bit more resilient than needing immediate results..... 

Agreed.  But following on from last season - mostly different players but the same coaching staff all bar Rooney - it’s good psychologically.

This is only a guess but I think if we really get behind Collins, that could give him the confidence to go and do good things for the club. 

Get in his back and it’s only going one way. 

How’s about “there’s only one James Collins” before the game kicks off Saturday. 

Just had a quick check on nyderby’s last posts. There is nothing positive to say about the team at all. Just consistent moaning about quality of finishing and missed chances.

Nothing to consider how well the team have started playing together despite so many new faces with a short pre-season under their belts, or to congratulate the team on winning 2 of their first 3 matches this season.

1 minute ago, roboto said:

Just had a quick check on nyderby’s last posts. There is nothing positive to say about the team at all. Just consistent moaning about quality of finishing and missed chances.

Nothing to consider how well the team have started playing together despite so many new faces with a short pre-season under their belts, or to congratulate the team on winning 2 of their first 3 matches this season.

I am shocked. Shocked I tell you.

1 minute ago, roboto said:

I should gift them my username. 

You need to properly identify as a miserable owd scrote... 

?

It's good to see that the vast majority of people on here understand football. In my opinion Collins WILL get goals for Derby and WILL create goals for others, without a doubt.

I think that anybody who is prepared to write off a centre forward because he hasn't scored for three games is either on a wind up or needs an alternative hobby other than watching football.

7 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

Right. But there's truth in humor and clearly he's not making a good impression

So he’s had 3 games. All with players he’s never played with before, in, effectively a new team and he was a late joiner at that.

He has hit the post, had a shot cleared off the line, had a goalie pull a worldie, Tonight he scored but was had it ruled out for off side and then when clear on goal got pulled down. Meanwhile our results are :

Played 3 won 2 

Are you a supporter or do you fancy yourself as a pundit on Radio Snottingham ?

Good to get a rare away win, beating negative Nigel is the icing on the cake.

Glad Sibbo did well, he has to be there or thereabouts for a start in the league. 

Barks needed a goal, it’ll do him the world of good. Shame Collins didn’t get off the mark, but it’ll come for him and he’ll be fine.

Surprise of the day is Rooney, maybe able to step up sooner than expected after that performance!

We knew this would be a competitive game, so I think we can class this as a good win with promising performances from some individuals, i.e. Rooney, Sibley, Dobbin to name a few. 

The drop off in the second half is obviously a concern as we saw similar against Charlton, but it's important to remember this is still a new team finding their way. Clough is a decent manager and never makes life easy for the opposition - especially when he's got a grudge. I remember us beating Leeds 10 times in a row under his reign which proves that point. 

Fingers crossed no one got injured and we're in good shape for Saturday.