Matchday Thread - Mansfield Town v Derby County (09/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

First Round of the League Cup, up against L2 side Mansfield, a chance for players to get some extra minutes in.

My predicted lineup:

Loach

Oduroh   Stearman   Cashin   Forsyth

Smith   Tommo

Barkhuizen   Sibley   Dobbin

Collins

Subs: Wildsmith, Davies, Roberts, Bird, Knight, Mendez-Laing, McGoldrick

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

First Round of the League Cup, up against L2 side Mansfield, a chance for players to get some extra minutes in.

My predicted lineup:

Loach

Oduroh   Stearman   Cashin   Forsyth

Smith   Tommo

Barkhuizen   Sibley   Dobbin

Collins

Subs: Wildsmith, Davies, Roberts, Bird, Knight, Mendez-Laing, McGoldrick

I think the same, bar Wildsmith still in goal. 

27 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

is the reason for Collins to hope he bags and build confidence?

otherwise id like to see the 2nd stringers out there. Give Cybulski a go?

Limited options to start the game right now. Dobbin could play there, but we're short of options on the wing at the moment. 
Good chance for him to get a goal to ease any pressure on him going forward too.

26 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

This will reveal my technophobia/ignorance, so sorry in advance 

but i tried to listen to the game the other day and the Derby app (I pay £5 a month for) says it doesn’t exist any more)

anyone tell me what’s going on/where it’s gone/where do I now listen to RD coverage when I’m out of the region?

cheers 

Had the same thing on the app. Didn't find a solution (just tired up the laptop) so all ears on why it's not working.

Got tickets, looking forward to it. I was wondering what sort of reception Nigel will get from travelling Rams fans. I still have respect for him especially after he turned down the florists job. After all we have been through, do we think differently about his 5 year plan ? He did bring in the likes of Bryson , Martin , Russell and Bucko . He was brilliant with Hughes and Hendrick. He wasn’t great in front of the cameras but does that matter?

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Got tickets, looking forward to it. I was wondering what sort of reception Nigel will get from travelling Rams fans. I still have respect for him especially after he turned down the florists job. After all we have been through, do we think differently about his 5 year plan ? He did bring in the likes of Bryson , Martin , Russell and Bucko . He was brilliant with Hughes and Hendrick. He wasn’t great in front of the cameras but does that matter?

I would suspect he will get a good reception, plus it wasn't the camera that was the issue - it was the radio. 

He's easily wound up and obviously said some things he shouldn't have in the heat of the moment, but overall he is remembered fondly by the majority of fans. 

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I would suspect he will get a good reception, plus it wasn't the camera that was the issue - it was the radio. 

He's easily wound up and obviously said some things he shouldn't have in the heat of the moment, but overall he is remembered fondly by the majority of fans. 

Yeah, I've a lot of respect for him and i think he'll get a warm reception from the Derby fans.

Just to say i live in mansfield . 

Im dreading this match as i totally think the rams will go into it not realising the amount of needle there is in mansfield towards Derby . 

Trust me the stags will play out of their skins for this one and they had a useful squad last season .This i put on record right now we will not win tomorrow night as the stags will be at the races and the rams will be playing tippy tappy im not bothered about this competition stuff . 

Stags 3  Rams 1  and god i hope im wrong . 

Edited by NottsRammy