Matchday Thread - Mansfield Town v Derby County (09/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

One of the weirdest match threads ever and that's some achievement....

According to you lot, this is what happened:

We started well and scored tap in at the back-post by Knight or Dobbin or it might have been an own goal. Goalscorer might be a mystery, but it was certainly assisted by Sibley. Or Fozzie. Anyway, the origo of assist was A4 and it was sinked in G1. 

After the half-time Mansfield came out stronger thanks to difference of managers teamtalks. They got the deserved equaliser, which led us to losing the game at the time. Some forum members got they daily dose of meltdown, so I guess they are happy clappers now? 

After losing the game 1-1, we brought on the big guns and they managed to create a goal and funnily, when the goals were counted, we won the game 1-2.

Sounds like Rooney had impressive debut, so congrats to him. Also worth noting, that obviously Collins has scored, just not on the pitch.

Carry on.

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Really enjoyed Martin Fisher and Jamie Ward on RD commentary - both very intelligent and entertaining football analysts / commentators. Jamie Ward clearly keeps tabs on Derby and is up with all the fans opinions & talking points. Great analysis of Louie Sibley & advocating Sibbo to start  V Barnsley. 

Their former work as Announcers at Derby Railway Station was not all in vain. 

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

We started well and scored tap in at the back-post by Knight or Dobbin or it might have been an own goal. Goalscorer might be a mystery, but it was certainly assisted by Sibley. Or Fozzie. Anyway, the origo of assist was A4 and it was sinked in G1. 

After the half-time Mansfield came out stronger thanks to difference of managers teamtalks. They got the deserved equaliser, which led us to losing the game at the time. Some forum members got they daily dose of meltdown, so I guess they are happy clappers now? 

After losing the game 1-1, we brought on the big guns and they managed to create a goal and funnily, when the goals were counted, we won the game 1-2.

Sounds like Rooney had impressive debut, so congrats to him. Also worth noting, that obviously Collins has scored, just not on the pitch.

Carry on.

This was a joy. Can you please summarise more threads please? at least the matchday ones. Cmon, you know you want to. 

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Carry on.

An excellent summary. I must say I do get a bit puzzled by the reaction every time we concede a goal. It’s like the world has ended every single time.
I understand the desire to analyse what led to the goal itself; who made a mistake, could the keeper have saved it, was it a worldy etc but what I don’t get is the sudden urge to analyse every aspect of the club, management, tactics, gypsy curses etc etc I think I blame Sky and the internet, but not sure why!