Views from the outside 22/23

RoyMac5

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Here's a few more. Birmingham City fans at Burton today. 

They weren't having a party earlier in their dog s*** Blue shirts sweating outside the Pirelli and getting increasingly more purple.  Shame their bus didn't arrive but I livened them up with some catchy tunes of my own as I went past.  Hope they're still sat there.

42 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

C09A1D93-0B62-4D3A-9BDF-BB2989A9FC43.png

Think that Villa fan nails it. It’s exactly the position they were in coming down from premier league and they struggled despite signing literally everyone. On paper we’re good enough but how will they handle being the scalp, especially away from home and it’s our away form that will dictate if we’re top 2 or struggling to make the playoffs, I’m expecting our home form to be strong given it was top 8 championship last season.

What gives me confidence is the continuity from last season with Liam, a clear identity of how we want to play that hasn’t changed and recruitment that seems to be fitting into that plan. ??????

Edited by BramcoteRam84

10 hours ago, angieram said:

Here's a few more. Birmingham City fans at Burton today. 

It takes one pied piper and then a few rats will follow, Never been a fan of Birmingham fans, The accent mainly lets them appear more Neanderthal than they are, Not all may I add, I've met a few over the years, They just need something to cling onto, They have "troubles ahead", And the more bad news I hear about them the larger a smile on my face.

If you heap abuse on DCFC, Then don't expect a free ride when it's your turn to feel the heat.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

I decided to have a nosey on the Sheffield Wednesday forum to see what players they were being linked with lately and in their transfer thread they mentioned our link to Roofe. This was one of the responses ....

f13fef2b120bfa9917d08872578ae89a.png

There you have it, there was no real downside to us going into administration. ?

Wow, no downside of administration? Obviously that poster isn’t the brightest

17 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I decided to have a nosey on the Sheffield Wednesday forum to see what players they were being linked with lately and in their transfer thread they mentioned our link to Roofe. This was one of the responses ....

f13fef2b120bfa9917d08872578ae89a.png

There you have it, there was no real downside to us going into administration. ?

Its an interesting point.

What were the actual punishments for being in administration, as opppsed to breaches of FFP?

Obviously there was 12 point deduction, which on its own was surmountable.

Without the 9 point deduction for FFP breaches, we would would be starting this season in the Championship and would potentially only have lost a couple of players as opposed to most of the squad.

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What were the actual punishments for being in administration, as opppsed to breaches of FFP?

Without the 9 point deduction for FFP breaches, we would would be starting this season in the Championship and would potentially only have lost a couple of players as opposed to most of the squad.

Administration - 12 point penalty, playing squad decimated, staff redundancies, threat of liquidation, EFL plan and scrutiny going forward that could well be prohibitive, creditors losing money, fans mental health affected, maybe even staff and players, loss of talented young players. Any club that enters administration like any business isn’t guaranteed to come out of it well- think government website has stats but there is always a threat a business won’t be rescued. 

Just now, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Administration - 12 point penalty, playing squad decimated, staff redundancies, threat of liquidation, EFL plan and scrutiny going forward that could well be prohibitive, creditors losing money, fans mental health affected, maybe even staff and players, loss of talented young players. Any club that enters administration like any business isn’t guaranteed to come out of it well- think government website has stats but there is always a threat a business won’t be rescued. 

But out of them, the only 2 that I can see that are punishments meted out due to entering administration, are the point deduction and the EFL business plan.

Had we gone into administration and theoretically come out of it 1 week later, we could potentially be sitting very pretty right now.

25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Unable to sign players. Lost Marshall, Shinnie, Jagielka, Jozwiak, Baldock, Plange and Williams. Unable to offer contract extensions, losing Festy and Ebiowei as a result, as well as losing out on higher transfer fees for other players.