Views from the outside 22/23

RoyMac5

3 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

You sound like you wanted us to be punished, whatever MM done Breaching FFP and going into admin collectively saw us lose 90% ish of our squad and also saw staff members lose their jobs.

So yes, going into admin has cost us, whether that's losing players by not being able to offer contracts, losing our youngsters because we needed to bring money in, blaming the administrators for those decisions is daft, they had to do it to bring money in BECAUSE we were in admin. If they didn't, that would have seen us go under.

But you are well within your rights to agree with other fans who think we should have been punished more.

Top fan ?

Do I?

I am just trying to establish some facts so I can form an opinion on the Wednesday fans assertion that the punishment for administration is not severe enough to deter clubs from doing it.

If the only actual punishment is 12 points deduction and agreed business plan, then we have proved that is surmountable.

Had the administrators found us a credible buyer sooner, that is the position we would have found ourselves in.

You sound happy with what the administrators have done to the club.

Top fan ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

Yes but the discussion was whether or not there were any consequences for going into administration, because the wednesday fan suggested there was not. Obviously there were and you appeared to be trying to make out that there were no consequences for some reason.

The punishments set by the EFL were the points deduction, the embargo and the business plan, but that is not the only negative consequence of going into administration as the Wednesday fan suggested.

Maybe I misread it, I thought the Wednesday fan was saying the actual punishments were not severe enough to stop other clubs from trying it.

The embargo was in place before we entered administration I believe.

35 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Think the problem is that admin is not a severe punishment for the person that mismanaged the club for years and placed us into that situation..there should be some sort of multi million pound bond held against that individual that they forfeit if the club goes into Admin.

As it stands Morris could waltz into another club and be useless all over again.

This. 

Talking to a golfing friend yesterday, Barnsley season ticket holder………. “I see Derby are trying to buy the League again”…… oh boy, here we go again!!

I did of course explain the free transfers, not a penny spent on fees, EFL approval within business plan, salary cap, season ticket sales, 22,000 plus gates, premier league facilities attracting top players out of contract….… etc. etc. but nope, didn’t believe it, “Hourihane is a premier league player and wouldn’t take such a pittance, we should get FFP penalties…….” ?

8 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Talking to a golfing friend yesterday, Barnsley season ticket holder………. “I see Derby are trying to buy the League again”…… oh boy, here we go again!!

I did of course explain the free transfers, not a penny spent on fees, EFL approval within business plan, salary cap, season ticket sales, 22,000 plus gates, premier league facilities attracting top players out of contract….… etc. etc. but nope, didn’t believe it, “Hourihane is a premier league player and wouldn’t take such a pittance, we should get FFP penalties…….” ?

Did you t*** him with a nine iron?

42 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Just call him a scab and wave away any protestations to the contrary. 

46 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Yes, I've been sensing the narrative shifting again ever since we've actually been allowed to sign players. I do wonder what some of these types of people imagined would occur once a takeover finally happened, maybe they want us to play with a first team squad of 6 for the rest of eternity?

I do think fans of other teams (and many of our own for that matter) are vastly over estimating the quality of players we're bringing in. Don't get me wrong there are some smart signings, but if we were genuinely looking to "buy" our way out of this league there are better players we'd be spending bigger fees on.

Edited by Anon

8 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Any sort of reasoning provided? 

For a publication that I imagine doesn't focus as much on League 1, you think that they would just look at our squad and put us up near the top.

It’s a magazine, probably went into print a month ago. 

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

IMG-20220718-WA0000.jpg

Seems a safe punt for a side with a rookie interim manager in charge of an ensemble cast of freebies. 

Not sure why people are crying that they don't have us in the top 2. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

37 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

IMG-20220718-WA0000.jpg

4-4-2 predictions league 1 season 2021/2022

1 Sunderland  (5th)

2 Ipswich   (11th)

3 Charlton  (13th)

4 Lincoln  (17th)

5 Wycombe  (6th)

6 Rotherham  (2nd)

Here’s a bit of an omen

Champions Wigan,predicted position…………. 12th ?

https://fanbanter.co.uk/fourfourtwo-predicts-the-2021-22-league-one-table/

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Seems a safe punt for a side with a rookie interim manager in charge of an ensemble cast of freebies. 

Not sure why people are crying that they don't have us in the top 2. 

There's 5 posts above yours that refer to the 4-4-2 table, and I don't see anyone "crying" about it? 

Edited by Crewton