Views from the outside 22/23

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But out of them, the only 2 that I can see that are punishments meted out due to entering administration, are the point deduction and the EFL business plan.

Had we gone into administration and theoretically come out of it 1 week later, we could potentially be sitting very pretty right now.

Redundancies are often involved in insolvency and staff uncertainly and anxiety are almost always a factor of administration. And that’s theoretical, it’s just lucky Derby were rescued. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Unable to sign players. Lost Marshall, Shinnie, Jagielka, Jozwiak, Baldock, Plange and Williams. Unable to offer contract extensions, losing Festy and Ebiowei as a result, as well as losing out on higher transfer fees for other players.

Lets be honest, not signing players whilst in administration is not really a punishment, why would you be incurring transfer fees/wages whilst unable to pay your debts?

Was being unable to offer contract extensions directly related to being in administration? I thought that was previously imposed re the Jack Marriott situation?

Losing the young players was the decision of the administrators, not a punishment of being in administration.

9 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Redundancies are often involved in insolvency and staff uncertainly and anxiety are almost always a factor of administration. And that’s theoretical, it’s just lucky Derby were rescued. 

But as I said, if we had a back door deal agreed to buy us straight out of administration these would have been avoided, and the only punishments would have been the 12 point deduction and an agreed business plan.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Lets be honest, not signing players whilst in administration is not really a punishment, why would you be incurring transfer fees/wages whilst unable to pay your debts?

Was being unable to offer contract extensions directly related to being in administration? I thought that was previously imposed re the Jack Marriott situation?

Losing the young players was the decision of the administrators, not a punishment of being in administration.

The guy from sheffield wednesday was arguing that there was no consequences to us going into administration. Losing valuable assets for a fraction of their worth is definitely a severe consequence. We had to sell a lot of players cheap just to keep the lights on. Again this is a consequence of administration. The administrators signing it off is completely irrelevant.

We were under embargo because off the ffp issues and non submission of accounts. It wasnt caused by Marriot. It was then extended when we were in administration. You are right that it would be stupid to allow us to sign more players when we couldnt pay the ones we already had, but that doesnt change the fact that this happened because we were in administration.

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The guy from sheffield wednesday was arguing that there was no consequences to us going into administration. Losing valuable assets for a fraction of their worth is definitely a severe consequence. We had to sell a lot of players cheap just to keep the lights on. Again this is a consequence of administration. The administrators signing it off is completely irrelevant.

We were under embargo because off the ffp issues and non submission of accounts. It wasnt caused by Marriot. It was then extended when we were in administration. You are right that it would be stupid to allow us to sign more players when we couldnt pay the ones we already had, but that doesnt change the fact that this happened because we were in administration.

But as I've asked, what are the direct punishments of administration?

12 point deduction and business plan?

Everything else is a byproduct of not leaving administration in a timely manner.

2 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Luton, Rotherham, bigger clubs? Lol There’s no arguing with that level of stupid.

I rather suspect he was trying to be funny. Like singing to supporters of club X being in the shadow of club Y (their local rivals) when clearly club X is bigger than club Y.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

You sound like you wanted us to be punished, whatever MM done Breaching FFP and going into admin collectively saw us lose 90% ish of our squad and also saw staff members lose their jobs.

So yes, going into admin has cost us, whether that's losing players by not being able to offer contracts, losing our youngsters because we needed to bring money in, blaming the administrators for those decisions is daft, they had to do it to bring money in BECAUSE we were in admin. If they didn't, that would have seen us go under.

But you are well within your rights to agree with other fans who think we should have been punished more.

Top fan ?

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

But as I've asked, what are the direct punishments of administration?

12 point deduction and business plan?

Everything else is a byproduct of not leaving administration in a timely manner.

Yes but the discussion was whether or not there were any consequences for going into administration, because the wednesday fan suggested there was not. Obviously there were and you appeared to be trying to make out that there were no consequences for some reason.

The punishments set by the EFL were the points deduction, the embargo and the business plan, but that is not the only negative consequence of going into administration as the Wednesday fan suggested.

19 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

It always amazes me the level of discussion that goes on due to 1 insignificant fans thoughts on a different forum. 

Does anyone actually care what they think?

Nope!, But it's fun reading their in-depth knowledge concerning our "cheating" ? 

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The direct punishment for entering administration is 12 points and an agreed business plan upon exit. The restrictions put on a club in administration (contract renewals, sales, etc) are indirect punishments.

It's undeniable that the club was punished by not being able to renew contracts. Jagielka being an obvious example.

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Another Leeds fan who doesn't know his own club's history

Well onw we have biggest fans in efl and prem club towards top 10. And secondly derby are not cheat we are out of admin so get freaking use to it.

That's what I would tell him