RoyMac5

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Okay, back on track with this thread. Some pearls from Hertha's forum:

- How much does this McGoldrick cost?

- the opponent is third division?

- There is more structure in play with the third division team than with us, or am I getting it wrong?

- If I understood the commentator correctly at the beginning, 3-4 weeks ago they only had 6-7(!) players in the squad because of the bankruptcy and their forced relegation

- We play like a German bar team visiting an English bar team on the island and then we go to the pub together and go home tomorrow with a big head. At least that's how it used to be with us, except that we played a better ball.

Edited by Dimmu

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

Okey, back on track with this. Some pearls from Hertha's forum among:

- There is more structure in play with the third division team than with us, or am I getting it wrong?

- If I understood the commentator correctly at the beginning, 3-4 weeks ago they only had 6-7(!) players in the squad because of the bankruptcy and their forced relegation

- We play like a German bar team visiting an English bar team on the island and then we go to the pub together and go home tomorrow with a big head. At least that's how it used to be with us, except that we played a better ball.

Well at least they’re more knowledgable than the gumps, the dirties, the Brummies and the Bristol tractor chasers

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Superb stuff @Dimmu. Love it. 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Because we like their lagers, we've often visited the German bars in various holiday resorts to watch football.

Have always found their views on the matches to be realistic and insightful. 

Thanks for those quotes, Dimmu - good stuff! 

2 minutes ago, Ramzabac said:

Well this is actually good isn’t it?  Are these players resale valuations? They can’t be squad wages, so shows you how well we’ve done in getting these players in.

On 19/07/2022 at 11:16, angieram said:

Because we like their lagers, we've often visited the German bars in various holiday resorts to watch football.

Have always found their views on the matches to be realistic and insightful. 

Thanks for those quotes, Dimmu - good stuff! 

Been to 3 or 4 games in Germany now and each one has been fantastic as far as conversations with local fans go. Miss doing it from pre covid a lot. 

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well this is actually good isn’t it?  Are these players resale valuations? They can’t be squad wages, so shows you how well we’ve done in getting these players in.

Best thing DC could do is sell the players and sign a load more freebies. Hey presto he’s paid for the stadium. Do it again and he’s broken even without a ball being kicked. I don’t know what MM was mucking around at.