Liam Rosenior

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think he's doing a good job and there certainly shouldn't be a talk of replacing him but, I wouldn't yet describe it as a "fantastic" job. 

Fair enough mate , its just that i think that what tools Liam had when he took over to what he has now and some of the football that we are playing is deserving of fantastic , but i appreciate your point

I'm not even remotely concerned. 7 competitive games played, 4 wins and 2 draws. We seem to want to ignore cup games for some reason, clearly doesn't fit the agenda.

I am extremely confident we will have a good season. Not because the league is easy but because it is hard, and that's what seems to motivate this group of players this year

First season in a long time that I am absolutely convinced and confident we will have a good year. Playoffs at the very least, which is my criteria for a good season. In 7 competitive games, we've looked like we've deserved to win every single one.

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Fair enough mate , its just that i think that what tools Liam had when he took over to what he has now and some of the football that we are playing is deserving of fantastic , but i appreciate your point

I’m just thinking of the superlative scale. If we were unbeaten or, had lost to Charlton but won at Shrewsbury and Fleetwood then the team, and LR, would be doing fantastically well. If we were top two then I might describe it as outstanding. If we’d got a 100% record home and away (which given the way we’ve played, apart failing to score, isn’t as ridiculous as it may sound) then I’d say stunning. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m just thinking of the superlative scale. If we were unbeaten or, had lost to Charlton but won at Shrewsbury and Fleetwood then the team, and LR, would be doing fantastically well. If we were top two then I might describe it as outstanding. If we’d got a 100% record home and away (which given the way we’ve played, apart failing to score, isn’t as ridiculous as it may sound) then I’d say stunning. 

I was going to challenge you on your original statement but I think this assessment is fair. Also gives Rosie something to aim for, which is no bad thing.

I'm feeling so positive about where we are heading, it's the kind of approach to the club top to bottom I've been longing for!

Let's hope we can describe him as fantastic in the near future (or in May, I'd take that!!)

Win a few more we can sing this to AC/DCs Whole Lotta Rosie ?

Wanna tell you story
About manager we know
When it comes to footballin'
He's in the know
He ain't exactly experienced
Ain't exactly on the ball
Played 5 won 2 drawn 2 Lost one
You could say he's not gonna fall
We've never had a manager
Never had a manager like you
Doin' all the training things
Doin' all the tactic things you do
Ain't no bad headline story
Ain't off the office phone
But you give it all you got
Weighin' in with possible decent players on loan
You're a whole lotta new manager
A whole lotta new manager
Whole lotta Rosenior
Whole lotta Rosenior
Whole lotta Rosenior

Edited by TimRam

4 hours ago, TimRam said:

Win a few more we can sing this to AC/DCs Whole Lotta Rosie ?

Wanna tell you story
About manager we know
When it comes to footballin'
He's in the know
He ain't exactly experienced
Ain't exactly on the ball
Played 5 won 2 drawn 2 Lost one
You could say he's not gonna fall
We've never had a manager
Never had a manager like you
Doin' all the training things
Doin' all the tactic things you do
Ain't no bad headline story
Ain't off the office phone
But you give it all you got
Weighin' in with possible decent players on loan
You're a whole lotta new manager
A whole lotta new manager
Whole lotta Rosenior
Whole lotta Rosenior
Whole lotta Rosenior

I'm sure we'll get 10,000 singing this banger

Its funny reading through this thread from the start bearing in mind when posts were made compared to results. I am enjoying this season so far and having Liam at the helm is a large part of that. It also feels like a "normal" football club again because we are dcfc and not spoken about in the same breath as MM, WR, FL or whoever. I love that. Just hope Mr Clowes and team are communicating effectively with Liam about his position as we dont want him flouncing off as soon as managers start being sacked. 

On 24/08/2022 at 12:23, Tombo said:

I'm not even remotely concerned. 7 competitive games played, 4 wins and 2 draws. We seem to want to ignore cup games for some reason, clearly doesn't fit the agenda.

I am extremely confident we will have a good season. Not because the league is easy but because it is hard, and that's what seems to motivate this group of players this year

First season in a long time that I am absolutely convinced and confident we will have a good year. Playoffs at the very least, which is my criteria for a good season. In 7 competitive games, we've looked like we've deserved to win every single one.

Agree with all that other than the last sentence ?

49 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

What an absolute diamond we have here! He is, without doubt, going to take us to the promised land. Liam, I salute you sir and look forward to what I believe is going to be a fantastic chapter in this great club of ours.UTR!

I share your optimism that'll he'll do well for us but can we hold off kissing his feet, erecting a statue in his honour or giving him the freedom of the city for the moment?

Given the mitigating circumstances, he's doing very well but we ain't achieved anything yet. 

I’ve just been reading about how good it is that DCFC have a man of colour as our manager and how forward thinking it is of us. To me LR is a great coach and a top man to have at the helm and will take us far. That’s it for me nothing more nothing less. I’d never even thought about his background or ethnicity. He’s just the right man for the job regardless whether he’s pink, black, brown, white, green, blue or orange. 

I didn't mean he has achieved God like status now! I like yourself am extremely optomistic about the future in his hands. Kissing his feet is way off what was I originally intended to say! Statue and freedom of the city possible in years to come but come on, kissing his feet! Are you defeatist by any chance?

3 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

I didn't mean he has achieved God like status now! I like yourself am extremely optomistic about the future in his hands. Kissing his feet is way off what was I originally intended to say! Statue and freedom of the city possible in years to come but come on, kissing his feet! Are you defeatist by any chance?

Although you've not quoted me I assume you're referring to my response.

No, I'm not defeatist. Are you noticed, I did say I'm optimistic but, I would prefer to temper my adoration for the time being. 

6 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Looking like Alex Neil is going to Stoke, if this materialises will Sunderland look at LR? 

They can look, But wont be allowed to touch, His Dad Leroy has said..."he loves Derby" settled here and with an ethos that does him proud, Nope when push comes to shove...he's loyal and will be given THAT contract when both LR and DC sit down and talk.