Max Bird

Scott129

9 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

We are ok in that positon currently but not if a few leave , most of the players being linked with moves away all play in that position , knight , sibley , bird etc , I wouldn't like to lose more than 1.

ideally none at all 

Hence why I said for the right price. Sublet and Knight don’t really play in the same position. Bielik and Thomas do. 

If we never sell anyone we won’t generate funds to reinvest. So that’s why I say at the right price.

I’d be gutted if we sold Bird.  I rate him above Knight and I’m a big fan of Jason Knight.  If Bird could add a few more goals he’d be Prem quality for me.  Really hope we can hold on to him, but if not we have to get a sensible fee.

7 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

We are ok in that positon currently but not if a few leave , most of the players being linked with moves away all play in that position , knight , sibley , bird etc , I wouldn't like to lose more than 1.

ideally none at all 

I dont think we need to sell anyone if that move max low comes off.

20 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I’m not convinced Bird will find it easy in L1. However, I think he is by some distance already the best player we have got and he has a lot of upside potential in years to come.  I would be extremely disappointed if he went elsewhere yet awhile. 

Bird reminds me of Michael Carrick. Comfortable on the ball, un-flashy, rotates possession. Just does everything very simply and gets around the pitch without attracting attention, players all rate him and managers pick him.

But.....have to admit I never really cared for Carrick either. Similarly Max hasnt got tons of assists or goals, no crunching tackles, some classy touches but never really gets me out of my seat with lung busting Knight runs or flashes of passion like Sibley or looks like a mature Rolls Royce of a player like Bielik.

Perverse as it sounds, I know he's decent and everyone rates him...but I just cant get that excited about him and I can't pretend if he goes that I will mind. Quite prepared to agree he's a great player - that seems to be accepted collective opinion, but from where we have been over the last few months to now - I'm happy to accept if we sell him its for the greater good.

Edited by Chester40

48 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Bird reminds me of Michael Carrick. Comfortable on the ball, un-flashy, rotates possession. Just does everything very simply and gets around the pitch without attracting attention, players all rate him and managers pick him.

But.....have to admit I never really cared for Carrick either. Similarly Max hasnt got tons of assists or goals, no crunching tackles, some classy touches but never really gets me out of my seat with lung busting Knight runs or flashes of passion like Sibley or looks like a mature Rolls Royce of a player like Bielik.

Perverse as it sounds, I know he's decent and everyone rates him...but I just cant get that excited about him and I can't pretend if he goes that I will mind. Quite prepared to agree he's a great player - that seems to be accepted collective opinion, but from where we have been over the last few months to now - I'm happy to accept if we sell him its for the greater good.

He’s very good positionally, protecting the back four and covering for those who go on runs from midfield. Trouble is, we don’t have many who make those runs. Our midfield tends to play it safe. Max is a good passer and possession is important.

One of those that only truly gets appreciated when they’re not there. 
However, we do need a different mix in midfield and somebody has to go if we’re to change things.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

image.gif.a2be76f1591b547eee42dcd64cf78a1e.gif

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not an ITK kind of person normally, or don't say ought, but I know that our previous manager is keen to match any bids on this one.  Might go to the fizzy pop league for the dollars I suppose. 

Well that's kind of him. 

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not an ITK kind of person normally, or don't say ought, but I know that our previous manager is keen to match any bids on this one.  Might go to the fizzy pop league for the dollars I suppose. 

Let's hope Max doesn't go anywhere, he's always expressed a want to play at the highest level he can so don't really see him going to America at his age. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If Rooney comes back here and tries to take players off us knowing the situation he left us in then he isn't really the bloke we thought he was.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta