Max Bird

Scott129

47 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

WTF would Bird even entertain the notion of going to MLS? No disrespect but MLS is on a par with the SPL except without Rangers or Celtic.

There are some very decent players over there just like in the SPL and the support for the teams is growing massively 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

There are some very decent players over there just like in the SPL and the support for the teams is growing massively 

This may be the case, but a young player on an upward trajectory would surely have far better options for developing and maintaining decent exposure for their profile. Personally I’d say that the Championship would still be a better option for him and I can’t imagine there wouldn’t be teams who’d be happy to take him if available. Failing that, a move to one of the European leagues like Buchanan engineered for himself. Either way, a young British player moving to MLS just seems like a backward step to me…. ?‍♂️ 

13 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

This may be the case, but a young player on an upward trajectory would surely have far better options for developing and maintaining decent exposure for their profile. Personally I’d say that the Championship would still be a better option for him and I can’t imagine there wouldn’t be teams who’d be happy to take him if available. Failing that, a move to one of the European leagues like Buchanan engineered for himself. Either way, a young British player moving to MLS just seems like a backward step to me…. ?‍♂️ 

I don’t imagine he would go there, the biggest issue with youngsters is - money - if they are attached to a premiership club then that usually means huge wages yet someone of the same or even more talent in a lower league may well play football more but receive far less in the bank 

39 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Lots of young Canadians, Americans and Central American's have used the MLS as a stepping stone to bigger things, I don't see why a Brit couldn't? 

On 13/07/2022 at 05:54, Chester40 said:

Bird reminds me of Michael Carrick. Comfortable on the ball, un-flashy, rotates possession. Just does everything very simply and gets around the pitch without attracting attention, players all rate him and managers pick him.

But.....have to admit I never really cared for Carrick either. Similarly Max hasnt got tons of assists or goals, no crunching tackles, some classy touches but never really gets me out of my seat with lung busting Knight runs or flashes of passion like Sibley or looks like a mature Rolls Royce of a player like Bielik.

Perverse as it sounds, I know he's decent and everyone rates him...but I just cant get that excited about him and I can't pretend if he goes that I will mind. Quite prepared to agree he's a great player - that seems to be accepted collective opinion, but from where we have been over the last few months to now - I'm happy to accept if we sell him its for the greater good.

I think he's one of those where his work goes unnoticed.

These types of players are great for pretentious football fans who like to act like they have a greater understanding than anyone else. The ones that tell you that you clearly never played the game and understand the levels ? He does things you are too stupid to notice etc etc.

I actually like him, but I think at this level, we have to accept players have ambitions of greater things and everyone has a price. I just hope we start getting decent fees in the future for players.

1 hour ago, LERam said:

I think he's one of those where his work goes unnoticed.

These types of players are great for pretentious football fans who like to act like they have a greater understanding than anyone else. The ones that tell you that you clearly never played the game and understand the levels ? He does things you are too stupid to notice etc etc.

I actually like him, but I think at this level, we have to accept players have ambitions of greater things and everyone has a price. I just hope we start getting decent fees in the future for players.

John McGovernesque ?

21 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If Rooney comes back here and tries to take players off us knowing the situation he left us in then he isn't really the bloke we thought he was.

He isn't the bloke we thought he was, even without him stealing our players (or analyst).

Curtis Davies found out he had walked away from his job via a text message whilst live on Sky or Talksport.

Not the best way to treat a player that played every minute of every game and very nearly carried the team to survival (Davies not Rooney).

Coventry City have Derby County midfield duo Max Bird and Louie Sibley on their radar but are not actively pursuing the pair at this stage of the transfer window.

CoventryLive understands that while both players are very much known to City’s recruitment department, they come into the contingency plan category in case the Sky Blues lose key players this summer.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventry-transfers-derby-bird-sibley-24488672

1 minute ago, Scott129 said:

Coventry City have Derby County midfield duo Max Bird and Louie Sibley on their radar but are not actively pursuing the pair at this stage of the transfer window.

CoventryLive understands that while both players are very much known to City’s recruitment department, they come into the contingency plan category in case the Sky Blues lose key players this summer.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventry-transfers-derby-bird-sibley-24488672

Translation: they can only afford them if they get good money in for a few of their promising players