Max Bird

Scott129

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Fair play to Coventry - looks like they're going to be splashing the cash if they're in for Bird and Sibley. 

Who have they sold to be spending £15m+ plus on players though, doesn't seem in their usual character? 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19146830/gustavo-hamer-transfer-fulham-coventry/amp/

Callum O’Hare is another one with rumours of being sold for a high fee  Burnley had been sniffing  

52 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Famous last words. Sure we’ve got some good players now and are feeling a bit optimistic, but let’s wait 6-10 games before declaring ourselves kings and levels above. The size of our stadium and fanbase won’t be worth much for 90 mins if the team starts poorly.

I want to be optimistic, while also not being arrogant!

Not sure Bris was being arrogant. Just giving an opinion. As for famous last words he didn’t suggest in any way that he was declaring ourselves kings and levels above or that the size of our stadium and fan base was worth a lot. Bit presumptuous to suggest so. 

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure Bris was being arrogant. Just giving an opinion. As for famous last words he didn’t suggest in any way that he was declaring ourselves kings and levels above or that the size of our stadium and fan base was worth a lot. Bit presumptuous to suggest so. 

I don’t think Bris is arrogant. I think him suggesting we’re levels above half the division is presumptuous though. We haven’t played anyone in a league game yet!

Hate to say I told you all but…

It’s no surprise to be fair. Bird has properly established himself as a reliable Championship player now, which I’m sure any team at that level would love to have in their squad. Explains why we’ve been linked with Stephens in addition to signing McDonald. If we loan Bielik out and lose Bird, then we’ll need to bring in two CDMs to replace them (Bielik in the short term).

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hate to say I told you all but…

It’s no surprise to be fair. Bird has properly established himself as a reliable Championship player now, which I’m sure any team at that level would love to have in their squad. Explains why we’ve been linked with Stephens in addition to signing McDonald. If we loan Bielik out and lose Bird, then we’ll need to bring in two CDMs to replace them (Bielik in the short term).

Didn’t realise you had, it’s pretty obvious to anyone that the likes of Bird, Sibley and Knight will have other clubs trying to buy them. 

2 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Don't know if this classes as a legitimate source, but it's written by that Pete O'Rourke bloke, isn't it?

Bird is by far the one player I'd want to keep the most.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Imagine they're just trying to tie up Lewansowski deal first.

15 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Didn’t realise you had, it’s pretty obvious to anyone that the likes of Bird, Sibley and Knight will have other clubs trying to buy them. 

I’m taking the piss because someone took the piss out of me when he was named on the team sheet on Saturday. Hopefully he doesn’t go.

3 hours ago, r4derby said:

Famous last words. Sure we’ve got some good players now and are feeling a bit optimistic, but let’s wait 6-10 games before declaring ourselves kings and levels above. The size of our stadium and fanbase won’t be worth much for 90 mins if the team starts poorly.

I want to be optimistic, while also not being arrogant!

It’s not arrogant to say that. You only have to look at League One last season to see it was a league divided into two.

Plenty of established bigger clubs followed the bottom half which are clubs who have floated between League One and Two.

Unless there is a heavy points deduction or unique circumstances (like what happened at Bolton), then we simply can’t end up near the bottom.

If we do then we will have simply drastically underperformed.

No club of our size should struggle in this league. Even Ipswich haven’t struggled despite missing out on the top six they’ve been nowhere near the bottom end.

I’m not saying we are set to walk the league or should be guaranteed top six. I’m saying we should be guaranteed to not struggle or threaten relegation.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s not arrogant to say that. You only have to look at League One last season to see it was a league divided into two.

Plenty of established bigger clubs followed the bottom half which are clubs who have floated between League One and Two.

Unless there is a heavy points deduction or unique circumstances (like what happened at Bolton), then we simply can’t end up near the bottom.

If we do then we will have simply drastically underperformed.

No club of our size should struggle in this league. Even Ipswich haven’t struggled despite missing out on the top six they’ve been nowhere near the bottom end.

I’m not saying we are set to walk the league or should be guaranteed top six. I’m saying we should be guaranteed to not struggle or threaten relegation.

I think what you’re saying is spot on and not arrogant in the slightest. Only way we would be in a relegation scrap is had we started next season in admin playing kids or -15 point deduction.