Max Bird

Scott129

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I've said this before but we shouldn't sell our best young players, especially to bang average championship clubs, unless a stupid offer comes in (it won't) which we have to take. I expect Bird to stay and be a key part of the Derby County rebuild.

Well said. Bird has massive potential, selling him on the cheap we are not only selling one of the best players in the division but selling someone who could be worth even more in a few seasons time.

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I can see Knight and Bird going. While we are picking up a bunch of 30-something frees, we desperately need some 23-26 year olds to balance the squad.

£10m for the pair would finance a 4-5 purchases of promising lower league players.

Remember it’s about the way bill as well as buying. I would like to see some hardcore L1 players signed 

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Hate to say I told you all but…

It’s no surprise to be fair. Bird has properly established himself as a reliable Championship player now, which I’m sure any team at that level would love to have in their squad. Explains why we’ve been linked with Stephens in addition to signing McDonald. If we loan Bielik out and lose Bird, then we’ll need to bring in two CDMs to replace them (Bielik in the short term).

Bird not gone has and only got to hold for few more days then he stays put.

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I know he hasn’t B4, and let’s hope he doesn’t! I’m afraid there’s still plenty of time left for him to though.

Look he seem happy at derby with this team we got now could in the champership next season and following competeing in top end of the champership I see no reason for him to leave.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Look he seem happy at derby with this team we got now could in the champership next season and following competeing in top end of the champership I see no reason for him to leave.

The trouble is B4, it’s that word could. Players want guaranteed football at the highest level we can play at. We can’t offer that Bird right now, so it’s no surprise if he wants out.

18 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Bloody hell its like whack a mole! We only had seven players contracted beyond june and most of them seem to want out. Bird and Sibley are mates aren't they, can't we keep them both especially as they are contracted to 2024. 

I’d be utterly stunned if Sibley was pushing for anything other than a starting spot here next season. 

He’s a Derby fan, whereas I don’t believe the others are - Buchanan was legitimately a Forest fan growing up (I believe?) Bird, I’m not sure?

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’d be utterly stunned if Sibley was pushing for anything other than a starting spot here next season. 

He’s a Derby fan, whereas I don’t believe the others are - Buchanan was legitimately a Forest fan growing up (I believe?) Bird, I’m not sure?

Bird was a ManUre supporter.

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He stated a few times, particularly around that cup tie, that he was a glory supporting Man Utd fan. 

ok, I paraphrased. 

For the right price I would sell. We’re ok in that position and it one that is easier to replace. 

We’ve fallen foul of holding on to players for too long and not cashing in, which has lead to the mess we ended up in. 

It would also go along way to any future P&S calculations, and also allow us to reinvest in 2-3 players in positions where we need some quality. Essentially exchanging 1 good young player to bring in 2-3 good young players

32 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

For the right price I would sell. We’re ok in that position and it one that is easier to replace. 

We’ve fallen foul of holding on to players for too long and not cashing in, which has lead to the mess we ended up in. 

It would also go along way to any future P&S calculations, and also allow us to reinvest in 2-3 players in positions where we need some quality. Essentially exchanging 1 good young player to bring in 2-3 good young players

We are ok in that positon currently but not if a few leave , most of the players being linked with moves away all play in that position , knight , sibley , bird etc , I wouldn't like to lose more than 1.

ideally none at all