Looks like a Derby version 2- Birmingham city

simmoram1995

Hearing some very alarming but all too familiar things about Birmingham City! I know a lot of us have animosity to a certain poor taste anthem adopted by Birmingham and indeed a number of fans and I do remember a ‘few’ in the minority damage PP.

but what this is highlighting is what a complete mess the football pyramid is forest stand to get £90m for going down - what’s the incentive of trying ? 

many clubs will go derbys way and May will not come out of it well! We’ve had a good end to the week but all it has shown is a paradox of the statement don’t mend something that doesn’t need fixing - it’s quite ironic our new owner is  in building / Property development as  Prem to EFL to lower leagues need bulldozing and complete restructuring! For me parachute payments and playoffs being scrapped 

I’d be devastated if any fans had to go through what we have, or even worse if it ended in liquidation. Birmingham have got some disgraceful fans but so have we, so has every club. Don’t let a brainless vocal minority taint an entire fan base.

Living in Brum I know loads of decent Bluenoses including all my wife’s family. No one deserves to go though the anguish of the last 9 months, I wouldn’t even joke about it because we very nearly went under.

I would agree the structure needs to be reformed - parachute payments in particular, but the real problem is the gap being so vast.

Ultimately, what football really needs is a huge crash and more rational valuation of what it is, what players are paid, what people pay to watch it (and so on) - it's seemed to be some sort of bubble but one that hasn't burst but now has sovereign wealth funds of oil nations funding it.

No one can wish what we have endured (in the last 9 months or so) on any other club ………

except for Wycombe and Middlesbrough of course, I think I’m not on my own in wishing those 2 clubs only the worst of luck for the future.  

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I would agree the structure needs to be reformed - parachute payments in particular, but the real problem is the gap being so vast.

Ultimately, what football really needs is a huge crash and more rational valuation of what it is, what players are paid, what people pay to watch it (and so on) - it's seemed to be some sort of bubble but one that hasn't burst but now has sovereign wealth funds of oil nations funding it.

Transfer fees are getting completely ridiculous now

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Although I thought Bassini couldn't get the money together.

But still, karma.

Only 16 senior players? Poor them!

FYI, that's actually 32 players on professional contracts (plus 2 with contracts pending). A list of players which includes Hogan, Jutkiewicz, Deeney, Dean, Roberts, Sunjic, Woods, Etheridge, Friend, Gardner and Leko.

At least 29 have played for their first team, so they have to sell at least 5 just to sign someone new. The EFL will have to apply the same level of consistency as they showed us after all.

Edited by Ghost of Clough