Looks like a Derby version 2- Birmingham city

simmoram1995

15 minutes ago, JfR said:

Laurence Bassini was back on Talksport again, and this time might have been even more entertaining than the last one

This was comedy gold. If someone had told me that this was in fact a comedian that had called up and convinced Talksport that they were actually Bassini I'd believe them.

Normally, I'd be concerned for the club in question, but as it's BCFC I'll just grab some popcorn and pull up a chair.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

I have to say, I wouldn't want any club to actually go under, but it would do some of these other clubs' fans some good - Birmingham, Boro, Bristol are the three that stick in my head for coming to PP and singing about partying when Derby die - to go through some of what we've been through over the last 9 months and see how it feels to be on the receiving end.

15 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This was comedy gold. If someone had told me that this was in fact a comedian that had called up and convinced Talksport that they were actually Bassini I'd believe them.

Normally, I'd be concerned for the club in question, but as it's BCFC I'll just grab some popcorn and pull up a chair.

It was still believable when he said that Tyson Fury's training him to beat up Simon Jordan and that Simon Jordan killed someone, but when he said Birmingham City are going to win the league, that's just too ridiculous to be anything but a wind-up merchant.

Not a fan of JW or SJ but got to say that was the funniest interview I think I've ever heard.  Laurence, you're a buffoon.  Brilliant.  

I really do pray he passes the OADT (likely knowing the EFL) and takes them over.  In just one year, he nearly destroyed Watford, defaulting on loans he'd taken out in Watford's name, selling off property attached to the club, taking the money and not reinvesting.  Pretty sure this leopard won't have changed its spots.  Looking forward to hearing the takeover has gone through. 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

In all seriousness, Bassini will never take them over. It will all fall apart when the money needs transferring. He's like Kirchner, but if Kirchner was a character from a Carry On film.

The thing is, he'd not even need to actually purchase the club to cause bother for them. He just needs to convince himself that he should be buying them. Look at his actions with Bolton, which held up a legitimate sale for far longer than was necessary.