Looks like a Derby version 2- Birmingham city

simmoram1995

3 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Them and Coventry were the chief exponents of the party when Derby County dies song. I thought the Birmingham fans were particularly nasty and hostile with it. What goes around comes around lads  

An element of the Birmingham City fan base certainly aren't very nice but I really don't think we should get too hung up about the party when Derby County dies song. It was just banter instigated by a small proportion of their supporters. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of their fans really didn't want to see Derby (or any other club) really go under.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

An element of the Birmingham City fan base certainly aren't very nice but I really don't think we should get too hung up about the party when Derby County dies song. It was just banter instigated by a small proportion of their supporters. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of their fans really didn't want to see Derby (or any other club) really go under.

I'm not that sure of it being a minority. I don't want to see BCFC die, but I have little sympathy for lots of their fans. I don't mind their fans proving my lack of sympathy wrong though.

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Did they ever strip that asbestos by the way?

From speaking to a friend who's in the commercial surveying industry and has been working on this on and off, he explained their stadium issues in layman terms for me. When constructing the stadium, they used the wrong type of steel and surround it in a concrete mix that was also the wrong type. The steels have been corroding to rust, which has eaten away the concrete from the inside. They literally need to knock down all the stand supports and rebuild properly. The supports are all the way through the stand, top to bottom, so it isn't just a thing of propping up the stand and putting in new ones. Apparently the industry professionals would prefer the stadium to be completely rebuilt but Birmingham haven't got the money so want to find a cheap solution.

6 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

From speaking to a friend who's in the commercial surveying industry and has been working on this on and off, he explained their stadium issues in layman terms for me. When constructing the stadium, they used the wrong type of steel and surround it in a concrete mix that was also the wrong type. The steels have been corroding to rust, which has eaten away the concrete from the inside. They literally need to knock down all the stand supports and rebuild properly. The supports are all the way through the stand, top to bottom, so it isn't just a thing of propping up the stand and putting in new ones. Apparently the industry professionals would prefer the stadium to be completely rebuilt but Birmingham haven't got the money so want to find a cheap solution.

Sign a lease to play in the Coventry building society arena?

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Too much schandenfreude in this thread for my liking. There's idiot fans with every club so I wouldn't put too much emphasis to some nasty chants.

Let's not forget that the real reason clubs are struggling is the clueless governing body.

Nope, you can't shift all the blame from Mel who chose to try and 'bend' the rules to our benefit.

I'm sure you'll be welcome to share your sympathy on the Brum and Cov forums. Do let us know what they say.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Too much schandenfreude in this thread for my liking. There's idiot fans with every club so I wouldn't put too much emphasis to some nasty chants.

Let's not forget that the real reason clubs are struggling is the clueless governing body.

Whilst I'll happily refrain from actually celebrating, should BCFC... or CCFC... die, or even "just singing about celebrating", I'm more than happy to be one of those idiotic fans of another club, who will take great delight in seeing "some" of their supporters suffering, from their respective current plights. 

It doesn't actually matter in the grand scheme of things, as:
A/  It's only banter... apparently.  So there's no need for them to put too much emphasis on my thoughts and opinions.
B/  I'm an idiot fan of another club.  So there's no need for them to put too much emphasis on my thoughts and opinions.
C/  They are probably putting so little emphasis of what I think... seeing as I'm just an idiot fan of another club... they probably aren't even losing any sleep over it.

Anyway... Is this that "End of the road" that the Bluenoses have been singing about for decades?  Maybe they won't have to keep right on it for much longer.  I bet they're absolutely shattered anyway!

408cc154f5d049076dc042f99af26bb5--motel-diane.jpg

On 05/12/2022 at 10:29, RadioactiveWaste said:

Did they ever strip that asbestos by the way?

No, the t**** just take it home and sprinkle it on their cornflakes.

The above is what we saw in January and the reason I wish nothing but pain on them, Coventry- a club we actively supported during their SISU buyout, Boro and the martyrs at Bristol City. 

Bristol City less so, as to be fair, their b******* seems restricted to a small forum coven, rapidly trying to backtrack on our apparent cheating as their own cauldron of b******* starts boiling over. 

The Club can confirm that the proposed deal for investment by MaxCo has come to an end following the Club’s owners' exercise of their right to terminate the deal.

As supporters will appreciate, for legal reasons, the Club is restricted in what it is able to say publicly at this time.

Since media reports on Friday 2 December, the Club have been approached by other interested parties.

Hope to all that is holy that it's not Bassini.

it didn't help us but a basic requirement for ANY takeover in the english game should be that the company has to be registered in the united kingdom.

no cayman islands, no BVI, no hong kong stock exchange. if you want to play by our rules then we should demand transparency.

at least if you are trying to hide something you know they are hiding something like mel did by not submitting accounts.

birmingham will never be able to resolve their ownership issues for a long time because the ownership style is so complicated. its not worth the effort or the money to try and take them over

Edited by alram