Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

51 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I find that odd. Has anyone got a video of Davies saying that on SSN. Obviously he didn't tell anyone until he had told the club. That explains why there were no leaks. It was straight out of the blue. But usually you would tell the players first.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/derby-county/12640002/curtis-davies-rooney-may-have-left-to-protect-reputation

10 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

I am gutted he is leaving, I really can't see us going straight back up without Rooney, we will not be able to attract the same level of players that Rooney could. 

Yes chances of going straight back up with CK, Stretford and Rooney looked really good. But for me that triumvirate was likely to self-combust in due course

I suspect Rooney may not find another job quite so forgiving as we have been. The first year was pretty appalling football, and who really knows with the second year? Derby as a club had 0 expectations of this season, and Rooney definitely benefitted from that. How will he fare when instead of being clapped off after a humiliating away defeat, they get jeered off? Completely different kind of pressure. 

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If that's true then it's total hypocrisy from Mr Rooney after moaning like a drain about claiming  he wasn't told by Morris about certain vital developments at the club. 

Not really, there are protocols. I've bought and sold businesses where people who have worked for the business for X years have subsequently bitten at me because they didn't find out until it was done and sealed. You can't and don't say anything until something is finalised with the person/parties it needs to be finalised with. In this case Rooney and the administrators would have a conversation before anybody else. Once that has happened then guaranteed the news will leak within minutes to just about everybody and you've lost the opportunity to inform on your own terms.

20 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Don't even know what Rooneyball was?

Does it mean losing every away game played or faffing around with the ball at the back to inevitably concede a comedy goal 

Think you're getting confused with cocuball

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Since you seem to have a lot of opinions about him how many games under Rooney did you actually go to.

I actually enjoyed a lot of the football last season,  played some good stuff and there was a great atmosphere at games. 

Also enjoyed watching our young players develop their game. 

I am wondering what some people are expecting this year, tbh? 

Just now, Mick Brolly said:

How many games do you have to go to before you're allowed a opinion. 

17 home, 3 away! ?

I think it's more about the certain posters on here who are relentlessly negative about everything to do with the club  without ever setting foot in the ground.

For some this is just a moaning shop.

Usually, I just put 'em on ignore, but there are one or two who post so often that most threads don't make sense if you do (no change there, then!) 

28 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Since you seem to have a lot of opinions about him how many games under Rooney did you actually go to.

If nothing else I admire your predictability.

Does watching a game on TV for example not hold the same weight as watching it live, is your opinion not allowed the same magnitude if you're watching a game at home compared to someone at the stadium?

I can't see the point you're trying to make quite honestly. 

I've watched enough games over the last 2 seasons to form my own balanced judgement thankyou very much.

Not going to respond back to any further comms on this matter as not getting dragged into another debate with you regards what a "real" supporter is.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

I suspect Rooney may not find another job quite so forgiving as we have been. The first year was pretty appalling football, and who really knows with the second year? Derby as a club had 0 expectations of this season, and Rooney definitely benefitted from that. How will he fare when instead of being clapped off after a humiliating away defeat, they get jeered off? Completely different kind of pressure. 

I suppose it may be balanced by having a better squad where ever he ends up. But with our limited resources and his inexperience I was relatively happy about our results last season. I was thinking that many (myself included) would expect better win stats this season. Maybe Curtis was right in his interview on Talksport when he said perhaps Rooney left to protect his reputation (as well as other obvious reasons)?

Edited by RoyMac5

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Exactly. It was pretty much a free hit at Derby and, short of total humiliation in terms of results, he couldn’t lose. 

He clearly has some unexpected man management skills when faced with adversity but is unproven as a football manager. He may have done well with us or  he may not. I’m sorry to see him go but am not slitting my wrists.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Exactly. It was pretty much a free hit at Derby and, short of total humiliation in terms of results, he couldn’t lose. 

He clearly has some unexpected man management skills when faced with adversity but is unproven as a football manager. He may have done well with us or  he may not. I’m sorry to see him go but am not slitting my wrists.

? Me either I just was hoping for one pain free weekend. And was finally looking forward again to the new transfer window! ?

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

I actually enjoyed a lot of the football last season,  played some good stuff and there was a great atmosphere at games. 

Also enjoyed watching our young players develop their game. 

I am wondering what some people are expecting this year, tbh? 

I am hoping that given the drama and terrible pre-season build up, expectations will be realistic. If we have survived and are playing that is where I am setting mine. Will feel a little bit tearful when we run out for that first game

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If nothing else I admire your predictability.

Does watching a game on TV for example not hold the same weight as watching it live, is your opinion not allowed the same magnitude if you're watching a game at home compared to someone at the stadium?

I can't see the point you're trying to make quite honestly. 

I've watched enough games over the last 2 seasons to form my own balanced judgement thankyou very much.

Not going to respond back to any further comms on this matter as not getting dragged into another debate with you regards what a "real" supporter is.

Of course you’re allowed an opinion as am I. Does watching a game on TV hold the same weight as watching live, never in a million years. If you don’t know what Rooney bought to this club last season it’s because you weren’t there, and you didn’t answer the question.

54 minutes ago, angieram said:

17 home, 3 away! ?

I think it's more about the certain posters on here who are relentlessly negative about everything to do with the club  without ever setting foot in the ground.

For some this is just a moaning shop.

Usually, I just put 'em on ignore, but there are one or two who post so often that most threads don't make sense if you do (no change there, then!) 

Sometimes it's difficult to know when to swap over from being excited by the coming events, and getting concerned when it looks like things aren't right.

Some are still convinced CKs money will be through in a minute, all freshly laundered! ?