Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

4 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Probably based on the fact that people on here for some reason are saying they can't wait to get a season ticket even with our uncertain team and season this year ? I for one don't have that kind of money lying around and if I did I would want to make sure we have a full squad first 

The “reason” is because some of us are fortunate to have the money available when they do go on sale, are desperate to get back to PP, would probably buy a ST pretty much regardless and believe we will have a squad of some description by the time the season starts.  I am firmly amongst that number but totally understand others may not be so comfortable financially or as committed. 

4 hours ago, Premier ram said:

dont often agree with Jordan but hes hit the nail on the head with this for me

You Got It Animation GIF by SWR Kindernetz

I don't think I've ever seen a mixed metaphor visualised, great job!

If people wish to purchase a Season Ticket unconditionally, that's great.

If people want to wait until their uncertainties are satisfied and buy a Season Ticket at a later date, then that's fine also.

If people decide they dont want to buy a Season Ticket for whatever reason thats fine also.

However, what I will say loudly and clearly -  if people purchase their Season Ticket unconditionally within a preferential purchase price point period, then that preferential price should be exclusive to only those people and thereafter, any purchases should not be rewarded with the same preferential purchase cost.  

Unconditional Season Ticket purchases should be rewarded. 

51 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

If people wish to purchase a Season Ticket unconditionally, that's great.

If people want to wait until their uncertainties are satisfied and buy a Season Ticket at a later date, then that's fine also.

If people decide they dont want to buy a Season Ticket for whatever reason thats fine also.

However, what I will say loudly and clearly -  if people purchase their Season Ticket unconditionally within a preferential purchase price point period, then that preferential price should be exclusive to only those people and thereafter, any purchases should not be rewarded with the same preferential purchase cost.  

Unconditional Season Ticket purchases should be rewarded. 

I’ll be one of those people that purchase a ST as soon as they go on sale but, I’m not too concerned if others purchase theirs at a slightly later date at the same price. I’d much rather season ticket sales were maximised rather than those of us willing and able to renew early were rewarded. In a normal year, the reward you are describing is covered by the early bird offer but this isn’t a normal year.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I’ll be one of those people that purchase a ST as soon as they go on sale but, I’m not too concerned if others purchase theirs at a slightly later date at the same price. I’d much rather season ticket sales were maximised rather than those of us willing and able to renew early were rewarded. In a normal year, the reward you are describing is covered by the early bird offer but this isn’t a normal year.

Just out of curiosity how much roughly will a ST be this year? 600/700?

13 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

My post states 'some', not 'many'. I've also expressed my own disappointment at his timing in an earlier post. As for the 'why make (those) statements' question, I think obviously the landscape has changed between the failure of the CK bid and the acceptance of the Clowes offer. It doesn't however change the fact that he stuck by us and was the unifying force that brought club, players and fans together when unity was needed most. That doesn't change for me simply because he's leaving, though it clearly does for some. The 'well he was well paid' argument is BS - he's worth £140 million so his salary was almost immaterial. Likewise the 'nobody else would have him' mantra. We now know that's bolarks too.

To be honest, I think this is one of those times when perhaps if we've nothing good to say about him, then maybe we should just say nothing at all. That extends nearly every player too. I think they've earned that much, at least.

That's me. I'm a miserable sod, so I'm keeping schtum ?

16 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Depends on age and where you want to sit.

Rough estimate average £380/£400

West Stand Upper most expensive

North Stand Lower Most cheapest 

Then there's young and senior fans to come into the equation

26 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

The Wendies whom will probably have the same order of magnitude of home crowds as us this season are punting season tickets from about 430 quid to 580 quid.

So would be very disappointed if ours went on sale for the amounts you're quoting. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Great little snippet from Jordan. 

Not really Simon, he's been led to believe that we will be in maintenance mode for a good few years. No longer are we the place for an ambitious young manager to learn his trade building us up from nothing and play real life Championship Manager. Now, with very little prospect of getting more than cursory support in the transfer market, we are really only the sort of club of interest to a mid-career manager who wants to at least to be able to plan to be in the same house next Christmas.

Clowes is a saviour, and we owe him our eternal gratitude, but at £300m estate he's simply not got the capital to want to prime the club for another charge towards the play offs (in whatever division). Hopefully, he can keep us on an even keel for a few years, show a stable balance sheet and make us attractive to an external investor in a few years. But that's not the place where the likes of Rooney can shine, his destiny lies with a punt on a club who might have the chance to go places next season, the season after.

It's all good, I'm not being grumpy to suggest we can expect anything else - at least we have a club to watch. Indeed, to go and dive straight back into anything like the madness we are trying to extricate ourselves would be the definition of madness itself.

29 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Depends on age and where you want to sit.

Rough estimate average £380/£400

West Stand Upper most expensive

North Stand Lower Most cheapest 

Then there's young and senior fans to come into the equation

You’ve been away too long Alf , if they do the same as last season there is only 3 price bands, side of pitch, west and east, corners and behind the goals, north and south.

37 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The Wendies whom will probably have the same order of magnitude of home crowds as us this season are punting season tickets from about 430 quid to 580 quid.

So would be very disappointed if ours went on sale for the amounts you're quoting. 

They also have big discounts for under 25s, armed forces and students.

23 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

You’ve been away too long Alf , if they do the same as last season there is only 3 price bands, side of pitch, west and east, corners and behind the goals, north and south.

Additionally, they have different age groups, different loyalty groups (no of years holding a season ticket) and early applications. However, early applications may not apply this time round as there will be less than 4 weeks to the first home game.

There will be only a short time to renew your season ticket, in order to allow new applicants time to choose those seats not renewed or existing ticket holders chance to move.

Let's hope that the first signings are staff for the ticket office, because it's going to be a bit hectic in there over the next few weeks.

6 minutes ago, admira said:

Got to be, I reckon his agent (Paul Stretford) got told about his investigation last week. With the deal falling through and Stretford being in with Kirchner, Rooney walked to save face.

I think Rooney loves real football and saw derby as a real football club , I think he was a bit duped by kirch and believed he could have a bigger role / investment in building the club back , that disappeared along with the kirch pretend money and he just reached enough is enough point ,

he will always have my respect for last season and best wishes for his future career