Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

From what I've read it sounds as if Wayne wants to spend time studying for his coaching badges before going to another club.

|I think the time he has spent at Derby and the amount of hard work he has put in to keep up morale and manage an almost impossible situation and all the unknowns associated with the clubs problems, the promises, the disappointments, have perhaps made him think that over the last 20 years or so he has worked hard and just wants time to be with his family for a while, finalise his qualifications, recharge his batteries and then get back out there.

I'm sure his family have always been his number one priority but he possibly wants to make up for all those times he couldn't be there due to football commitments.

The summer holidays are coming up soon and I guess he wants to spend 6 weeks with his lovely children rather than go back on Monday to what must have been a job that was demanding too much at the expense of family time.

And btw, I know he's lucky to be able to do this when so many can't.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Can’t believe the Mrs made the decision.

Never listen to the wife lol

Disclaimer when it comes down to it the Wives run the show 

Its a strange one if true. Although busy and stressed, he obviously enjoyed the challenge also and what an example he set to his boys last season. Many fans saw him in a new light. But if he quit for family and is then bored rattling around in that huge house, it may not pan out as Colleen hopes bearing in mind prior alleged behaviour. Again if true!

23 minutes ago, Miggins said:

From what I've read it sounds as if Wayne wants to spend time studying for his coaching badges before going to another club.

|I think the time he has spent at Derby and the amount of hard work he has put in to keep up morale and manage an almost impossible situation and all the unknowns associated with the clubs problems, the promises, the disappointments, have perhaps made him think that over the last 20 years or so he has worked hard and just wants time to be with his family for a while, finalise his qualifications, recharge his batteries and then get back out there.

I'm sure his family have always been his number one priority but he possibly wants to make up for all those times he couldn't be there due to football commitments.

The summer holidays are coming up soon and I guess he wants to spend 6 weeks with his lovely children rather than go back on Monday to what must have been a job that was demanding too much at the expense of family time.

And btw, I know he's lucky to be able to do this when so many can't.

I'm not qualified for this scenario so may need advice, If WR has been on family holidays with Colleen and kids, Do the kids need permission to be out of school, Or did WR and CR go on holiday as just a couple?, If they were with WR/CR how come they get time out of school when other mere mortals are denied?‍♀️

23 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Its a strange one if true. Although busy and stressed, he obviously enjoyed the challenge also and what an example he set to his boys last season. Many fans saw him in a new light. But if he quit for family and is then bored rattling around in that huge house, it may not pan out as Colleen hopes bearing in mind prior alleged behaviour. Again if true!

We've already been told he'll be busy studying. So it just coincides. I imagine he'll be looking at early new season sackings with interest.

"The Manchester United and England legend has decided to complete his coaching badges in the next few months and further his education in football." (Nixon)

Edited by RoyMac5

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'm not qualified for this scenario so may need advice, If WR has been on family holidays with Colleen and kids, Do the kids need permission to be out of school, Or did WR and CR go on holiday as just a couple?, If they were with WR/CR how come they get time out of school when other mere mortals are denied?‍♀️

That thought had crossed my mind, Alf.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've already been told he'll be busy studying. So it just coincides. I imagine he'll be looking at early new season sackings with interest.

"The Manchester United and England legend has decided to complete his coaching badges in the next few months and further his education in football." (Nixon)

Could be.

The article I read this morning suggested that he wanted to spend time away from football to be with his family for the first time in 20 years as a player and manager.

Time will tell.

46 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The first holiday was over jubilee half term in Dubai and was with the kids.

He has been on a second holiday to Ibiza with his wife and two other couples without the boys, who will no doubt have been well looked after by the extended family.

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

He has been on a second holiday to Ibiza with his wife and two other couples without the boys, who will no doubt have been well looked after by the extended family.

Alternatively, he left the kids in the care of Uncle Chris, and returned to find his 80" TV gone, his Ferrari missing from the garage and a for sale board outside his house.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ah of course right busy studying for the badges most do while still a player or started coaching. 

On 24/06/2022 at 17:32, David said:

Tobey Maguire Reaction GIF

Sorry for your grief David , but like many others I did not shed any tears. His win rate was terrible and as for his loyalty - I don’t think he showed Cocu very much. Stretford has had a re-think and getting Rooney’s coaching badges is the way to go. We have a new owner and he will decide who is manager. I am looking forward to getting my season tickets and glad the circus is over.

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

That thought had crossed my mind, Alf.

It’s down to the head teachers discretion. Footballers tend to get a bit of leeway because of the nature of the job and the limited opportunity for family holidays together if they stuck to school holidays. And in any case, I’m sure they can afford the fine if they were given it. 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I’m sure he didn’t have any difficulty paying the “fine” for taking his kids out of school. It’s still a damn site cheaper than the exorbitant cost of booking something during the school holidays. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I hope that during this hiatus Wayne and Colleen and the boys can enjoy some quality family time together. Everyone needs a breathing space every now and then.

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m sure he didn’t have any difficulty paying the “fine” for taking his kids out of school. It’s still a damn site cheaper than the exorbitant cost of booking something during the school holidays. 

Sorry. I think the post I had written was political so I thought it best to delete it!!!

Edited by Miggins

After having a think on the news, I'm still not sure how I feel. The timing is terrible, and in some ways his show of loyalty was very easy from a 'no-lose' situation. No-one rightly blamed him that we fell through the trap door and he won significant kudos for sticking by us. But now he'll come under scrutiny, in for a real fight in the third division he's bailed at the last minute. I'm not overly pleased tbh and it doesn't look good. If he's done it for his wife and his kids that's fair enough, but he should have let the administrators know before this juncture if that is the reason. If he thought he could manage at a higher level than the third tier then again actually let us know beforehand so we can sort out his replacement. I think it's pretty poor from Rooney this.