James Collins - Signed for 2 years

Ambitious

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

He has a great record in league 1 , looks like we are getting mcgoldrick instead though 

Why not both? Not exactly flush with striking options currently and not heard much about Kaz signing a new deal.

11 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

He has a great record in league 1 , looks like we are getting mcgoldrick instead though 

Right now we have Stretton as our only striker going into the season. League One needs so big and strong players so wouldn't be surprised to see CKR, Collins, McGoldrick and Stretton as our strikers this year. 

6 minutes ago, w8sey said:

We need at least two strikers and kaz for the season.

Personally I wouldn’t sign CKR. 2 big injuries in a season for an already ageing player is a lot to overcome. I’d  thank him for his services and find someone else. Agree - we need at least 2 + Stretton. It was very unfortunate last year that Strettom had so many injuries. It was an ideal time to see what he could do.

8 minutes ago, w8sey said:

We need at least two strikers and kaz for the season.

12 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Right now we have Stretton as our only striker going into the season. League One needs so big and strong players so wouldn't be surprised to see CKR, Collins, McGoldrick and Stretton as our strikers this year. 

23 minutes ago, roboto said:

Why not both? Not exactly flush with striking options currently and not heard much about Kaz signing a new deal.

I would like both as you have all rightfully pointed out we are low in that department , but I just can't see us getting both,  we are no doubtedly going to be offering the top end of our wages for all these championship players so can't see us getting more than one experienced player in each department,  would love to be wrong though 

1 hour ago, enachops said:

Personally I wouldn’t sign CKR. 2 big injuries in a season for an already ageing player is a lot to overcome. I’d  thank him for his services and find someone else. Agree - we need at least 2 + Stretton. It was very unfortunate last year that Strettom had so many injuries. It was an ideal time to see what he could do.

I'd love to see CKR given a new contract.

He was the best substitute in the Championship last season, so as long as he's happy to accept that as his role, then I'd be more than happy to see him stay.

11 minutes ago, Shadowplay said:

Crikey, if all these signings come off we would have a team which would be competitive in the championship, never mind league 1.

Means we have less work to do next summer for our back to back promotion campaign ?