Relegation.. priorities?

Chester40

It doesn’t feel as gutting, personally been thinking we would go down for some weeks.

It’s not a routine relegation due to Mad Mel’s antics.

At least it’s confirmed now, we know where we are and we crack on with the takeover. 

Middlesbrough again? Reading once more? Blackburn away on a Tuesday night in November? League One won’t be easy, but we’ll be back. 

Get me to that Papa Johns final! ??

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Players is the priority. Squad is threadbare at best.

Our first team is virtually entirely youngsters anyway - cant see any benefit to throwing anyone else in for 3 games

I think you get more compensation for youngsters if they've played in the first team? Though not sure we've got any others who haven't already...

Complete the sale

Rooney stays

Get as many of the expiring contracts signed up for next season as possible

Rebuild our first team squad & under 23s with young, hungry talent 

Supporters turn up in massive numbers to PP and away

Stick together as a fanbase when times are tough, which they will be at points

Nail all that & no reason we can't come straight back up. COYR ??

We know our fate now so hopefully we can now push through the sale of the club. The squad for next season is threadbare at present but that’s a blank canvas that presents an opportunity for Rooney, or whoever it may be, to mould the squad entirely to his likening.

It’s a mammoth effort required off the pitch now but I’m feeling optimistic. It’ll be refreshing to travel to new grounds, see a new squad of (hopefully) younger players and not have to agonise through any international breaks for at least a season!

As long as the club survives, there’s plenty to be positive about. COYR 

Complete the takeover so we can stabilise the club, get in players for a League 1 campaign and go from there.

In the immediate term, drop any of the players we know are definitely leaving (Plange, Festy,etc) give some game time to the youngsters we think can step (without the pressure of a relegation battle) up for a League 1 campaign. 

I’d also take the time to see how we can build a balanced team with Morrison as the No 10 as I imagine that’s where we’ll be at next season.