Relegation.. priorities?

Chester40

Just complete the takeover ?

Rooney stays and given some transfer funds from the likely sale of Bielik and/or Knight, possibly Bird though I hope he’ll stay to see if we bounce back, maybe even Sibley, though league 1 may see him excel.

Build a squad equipped to get us out of league 1, which will mean a few more battlers and a centre forward with some physical presence, along with young hungry kids we already have or from Prem teams with a point to prove.

Fans keep the faith, when they see that happening, we might just get lucky first crack at it. Home will be our fortress, away form will be the challenge.

34 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

New owner, Rooney stays, new contracts, new players, supporter unity even more so than this (if that’s possible) and go and win our first 5 games of the season. 

I can’t wait for this new start to happen. I’ve lost more hair since September and grey hair is sprouting everywhere - and I mean everywhere. 

Won’t have to wait too long new season starts 30th July.,,?

29 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Just complete the takeover ?

Rooney stays and given some transfer funds from the likely sale of Bielik and/or Knight, possibly Bird though I hope he’ll stay to see if we bounce back, maybe even Sibley, though league 1 may see him excel.

Build a squad equipped to get us out of league 1, which will mean a few more battlers and a centre forward with some physical presence, along with young hungry kids we already have or from Prem teams with a point to prove.

Fans keep the faith, when they see that happening, we might just get lucky first crack at it. Home will be our fortress, away form will be the challenge.

I actually wonder what we can do with Beilik.

His form has been mediocre and he’s looked a bit sluggish at times since he came back. I’d put a lot of this down to just the way it is when coming back from consecutive ACL injuries. 

But when other teams look at him will they offer us much for him as it stands? Will he even want to stay given his previous ambitions? Can we afford to keep him wage-wise?

Its going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

His form has been mediocre and he’s looked a bit sluggish at times since he came back. I’d put a lot of this down to just the way it is when coming back from consecutive ACL injuries. 

But when other teams look at him will they offer us much for him as it stands? Will he even want to stay given his previous ambitions? Can we afford to keep him wage-wise?

I don’t think he is anywhere near fully fit. Hope the injury doesn’t hinder him long-term as he is such a quality player when firing on all cylinders ?

First, get the takeover done. Until that's done, nothing else can happen.

As a result of that there will be "an agreed EFL punitive business plan" - the shape of what we can do will depend on that.

Keep Rooney if possible - accept it may not be (£)(a less stressful job), but it would be a real plus if we could. Seems he's decided he wants to help us, but they'll be a limit to how much any man can take. If WR does go, resolve a manager ASAP.

Agree stadium lease/ownership - worst case if it's still unresolved is the club pays rent as per existing agreement until it's sorted.

when those things are in place, we can recruit a squad. It'd be nice if we could keep some of this squad together but we've got to understand they've got careers to think of, and they've not let us down so i won't hold it against any who leave.

It's likely there'll be limitations, no big spending, cobbled together squad but a Derby County team will be there, I'm sure.

The critical path has to be:

1) Get the takeover finalised. Nothing much, apart from planning and conversations, can happen until then

2) Get Rooney to stay next year. I feel him staying will have a significant impact on who we're able to attract or re-sign

3) Sort out the the players out of contract we want to retain (for me, top of the list would be Cashin, Byrne, Bird, Knight, Allsop, Davies,  and Ebiowei)

3a) [in tandem with 3] offer season tickets for sale

4) Sign new players

21 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Just said to my lads, would you pay a fee for a twice ACL injured player, but saying that Polish international. Thought he’s looked slower last couple of games, understandable really but fully fit would be class league 1 and played there with Charlton didn’t he? Might stick it for a season, maybe one to decide over mid next season.

Right now, we just need things off the pitch to happen, so both Rooney and player have that decision to make.

24 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

You say that but he started for Poland in their World Cup play off.

I think he’s just suffered from playing too many games upon his return, we won’t get a load of money for him because of his knees but he’ll look a lot better next season wherever he is.

1 hour ago, Crazy said:

I think you get more compensation for youngsters if they've played in the first team? Though not sure we've got any others who haven't already...

If we do get more compensation it wont be much more. 

As you say i dont think we've got many left to make debuts anyway. The players Roo needs are for the academy and the first team

People have said it already.

The key is getting the takeover, the terms and the rebuilding priorities right. Ideally without the 15 point penalty.

Keep Rooney and Rosenior, maybe enlist an old head who has been around the lower leagues as a calm, sounding board. 

Retain as many of the current squad and youngsters as possible. I would keep Bielik, Bird, Knight if possible. The only 'senior' player I would lose is Lawrence, to make as much money as possible to reinvest in attacking options.

Any new players coming in have to 'fit' with the culture. We want people who will work hard, commit fully to the club and want to succeed. 

It's a mammoth undertaking and we don't know quite what circumstances we'll be faced with but I hope Rooney will hold out for terms that give us a fighting chance of bouncing back first time, it's not a league you want to get stuck in if you can help it.

Looking forward to getting behind the club!

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Complete the takeover so we can stabilise the club, get in players for a League 1 campaign and go from there.

In the immediate term, drop any of the players we know are definitely leaving (Plange, Festy,etc) give some game time to the youngsters we think can step (without the pressure of a relegation battle) up for a League 1 campaign. 

I’d also take the time to see how we can build a balanced team with Morrison as the No 10 as I imagine that’s where we’ll be at next season.

Not fair on Plange, he's done his best. We need to go out with the best results we possibly can.

22 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Retain as many of the current squad and youngsters as possible. I would keep Bielik, Bird, Knight if possible. The only 'senior' player I would lose is Lawrence, to make as much money as possible to reinvest in attacking options.

Any new players coming in have to 'fit' with the culture. We want people who will work hard, commit fully to the club and want to succeed. 

It's a mammoth undertaking and we don't know quite what circumstances we'll be faced with but I hope Rooney will hold out for terms that give us a fighting chance of bouncing back first time, it's not a league you want to get stuck in if you can help it.

Looking forward to getting behind the club!

Tom Lawrences contract expires in June of this year so we'll get the square root of piss all for him.....

Nothing can be done until the takeover is complete. That’s the only priority right now. Save the club so we actually get to play in League One next season.

For the next three games… they’re dead rubbers now, for us and I believe all of our opponents. No point playing the kids as we don’t even know whether they’ll be here. Put the players out who have fought so valiantly all season, so we can give them a proper send off - particularly in the final game against Cardiff.

But also, since we no longer need to worry about focusing on our fight for survival… let’s give Morris what for. He’s got away very lightly, as we rightfully have focused on driving the team on. But now is the time to give him everything that’s coming to him. Let’s make it clear on Saturday that he’s never welcome back to this city again.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nothing can be done until the takeover is complete. That’s the only priority right now. Save the club so we actually get to play in League One next season.

For the next three games… they’re dead rubbers now, for us and I believe all of our opponents. No point playing the kids as we don’t even know whether they’ll be here. Put the players out who have fought so valiantly all season, so we can give them a proper send off - particularly in the final game against Cardiff.

But also, since we no longer need to worry about focusing on our fight for survival… let’s give Morris what for. He’s got away very lightly, as we rightfully have focused on driving the team on. But now is the time to give him everything that’s coming to him. Let’s make it clear on Saturday that he’s never welcome back to this city again.

Right in the middle of negotiations regarding the ground ?