Relegation.. priorities?

Chester40

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

"Shocking officiating, clubs trying to waste time from almost the word go and visiting players trying to give it the big ‘un in front of the biggest crowd many of them will ever play in front of." 

I think we'll feel right at home.. ? 

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

"Shocking officiating, clubs trying to waste time from almost the word go and visiting players trying to give it the big ‘un in front of the biggest crowd many of them will ever play in front of." 

So more of the same we’ve had this season then, we should be well rehearsed for it. 

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Club could be in for a rough time in league one.

Rooneys on record as saying deeby need about 40 players in the summer, as an exodus of players depart the club on free transfers.

Derby are not looking to spend a huge amount to return to League One and that's backed up because efl have said that the club will operate under a 3 year restricted budget under an agreed business plan.

The efl has restricted salary budgets to 2 million a year for league one clubs but that was overturned.

Looking at other clubs in that league, they have bigger budgets.

Looking at clubs in League one: Wigan, Ipswich, Sunderland have been there for a while.

Then Looking at Leeds and forest, they took a while to escape league one.

Without the points deduction, a weak Derby team would have been mid table in the Championship.

A weak Derby in League one might not be in the playoffs but consigned to a mid table finish in League one next season.

Derby have been getting average gates of 20000 this season, I think that drops over an extended period in League one.

The top teams in League one have strikers scoring 20 goals a season, where's derbys.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Club could be in for a rough time in league one.

Rooneys on record as saying deeby need about 40 players in the summer, as an exodus of players depart the club on free transfers.

Derby are not looking to spend a huge amount to return to League One and that's backed up because efl have said that the club will operate under a 3 year restricted budget under an agreed business plan.

The efl has restricted salary budgets to 2 million a year for league one clubs but that was overturned.

Looking at other clubs in that league, they have bigger budgets.

Looking at clubs in League one: Wigan, Ipswich, Sunderland have been there for a while.

Then Looking at Leeds and forest, they took a while to escape league one.

Without the points deduction, a weak Derby team would have been mid table in the Championship.

A weak Derby in League one might not be in the playoffs but consigned to a mid table finish in League one next season.

Derby have been getting average gates of 20000 this season, I think that drops over an extended period in League one.

The top teams in League one have strikers scoring 20 goals a season, where's derbys.

Wigan haven't been there long, relegated (and in administration) in 2019/20 - look set to be promoted back this season. Has to be them that we try and emulate.

We could do with a year of boring stability, off the field at the very least. It'd be nice to still be exciting on the field, but I'll just be happy with winning a few more than we lose.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Wigan haven't been there long, relegated (and in administration) in 2019/20 - look set to be promoted back this season. Has to be them that we try and emulate.

We could do with a year of boring stability, off the field at the very least. It'd be nice to still be exciting on the field, but I'll just be happy with winning a few more than we lose.

Crikey just checked, didn't realise Wigan were as low as 20th in 2020/21, surviving relegation to L2 by just 1 point!

Shows how quickly things can turn around, if you sort the off pitch troubles.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It's about the team.

Wigan lost a few players, Derby look set to loose a lot of players.

Rooney said he needs about 40 players in the summer.

Assuming a lot of free agents at the end of their careers.

Wigan team value is the most expensive in League one.

Going to League One for a club like Derby is definitely no ride in the park. All the smaller clubs will up their game when they play Derby - it will be like an FA cup tie whenever the smaller clubs turn up at Pride Park.

They will come on a cold Tuesday night in October with the initial aim of silencing/frustrating the home crowd. Get the home fans to turn against their own team. Given a significant amount of Derby fans will be expecting Derby to win League One by Christmas, the crowd will get restless when the score is still 0-0 after 30 minutes. The players will sense the frustration and I'm sure you can see how this turns out. The visiting team nick a 1-0 win in the 88th minute and spend five minutes celebrating "winning the FA cup" in front of their 200 travelling fans (you would think they had by the nature of their celebrations).

The important thing is not to get deluded. Following a big club in that league doesn't guarantee instant promotion. I'm sure there's plenty of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday and even Nottingham Forest fans who would happily recall horror stories of getting beaten at home by some team they've never heard of and can't locate on a map.

1) Rooney .. because he’s as good a manager as would want to come to Derby at this point, he knows the players we have, has integrity in spades and can attract others from every tier of every type to experience the Derby Way. He understands a winning mentality. He is a winner. Need that right now ! 

2) Keep our core .. The kids (our kids ! ) + the reliable and trustworthy  .. Byrne, Davies, Allsop 

1 hour ago, voyager1 said:

Going to League One for a club like Derby is definitely no ride in the park. All the smaller clubs will up their game when they play Derby - it will be like an FA cup tie whenever the smaller clubs turn up at Pride Park.

They will come on a cold Tuesday night in October with the initial aim of silencing/frustrating the home crowd. Get the home fans to turn against their own team. Given a significant amount of Derby fans will be expecting Derby to win League One by Christmas, the crowd will get restless when the score is still 0-0 after 30 minutes. The players will sense the frustration and I'm sure you can see how this turns out. The visiting team nick a 1-0 win in the 88th minute and spend five minutes celebrating "winning the FA cup" in front of their 200 travelling fans (you would think they had by the nature of their celebrations).

The important thing is not to get deluded. Following a big club in that league doesn't guarantee instant promotion. I'm sure there's plenty of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday and even Nottingham Forest fans who would happily recall horror stories of getting beaten at home by some team they've never heard of and can't locate on a map.

I imagine with entire premier league placing's from 7th to 11th from 20 years ago in there, it's probably not going to be that big an issue.  It's the norm.  The top 5 teams in League 1 will probably bigger than the top five in the championship.

22 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I imagine with entire premier league placing's from 7th to 11th from 20 years ago in there, it's probably not going to be that big an issue.  It's the norm.  The top 5 teams in League 1 will probably bigger than the top five in the championship.

Yes, there are other big teams down there but the problem still exists - and not to mention they are also battling to get out. I guess the main thing is that its not the National League which is a real horrible place to get out of with only 1 automatic and 1 playoff winner going up.

However, the main weakness of big teams is the expectation among the fanbase. This is what the little teams will exploit.

10 hours ago, voyager1 said:

It certainly won’t be a walk in the park. As for other teams upping their game when they play their “cup final” at PP, that sounds a tad arrogant. There will be plenty of decent sized teams in League 1 and, if Sunderland fail to get promoted, we won’t even be the biggest. 

Finally, I don’t really think a substantial number of supporters really think it will be easy and are expecting a battle most weeks.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

It certainly won’t be a walk in the park. As for other teams upping their game when they play their “cup final” at PP, that sounds a tad arrogant. There will be plenty of decent sized teams in League 1 and, if Sunderland fail to get promoted, we won’t even be the biggest. 

Finally, I don’t really think a substantial number of supporters really think it will be easy and are expecting a battle most weeks.

It will be a battle most weeks and we will need players prepared and good enough to match that battle 

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I hope so.

Just looking at various social media, there are some who think Derby will automatically bounce back at the first attempt. I've seen this type of thing before (not with Derby) and it becomes a vulnerability when such fans start getting restless and venting frustration if the score at home to Forest Green Rovers is still 0-0 after 30 minutes even though Derby haven't played badly.

53 minutes ago, voyager1 said:

I hope so.

Just looking at various social media, there are some who think Derby will automatically bounce back at the first attempt. I've seen this type of thing before (not with Derby) and it becomes a vulnerability when such fans start getting restless and venting frustration if the score at home to Forest Green Rovers is still 0-0 after 30 minutes even though Derby haven't played badly.

Social media doesn't necessarily represent the views of the majority.

We go down, and we will lose a significant number/if not all of our players.

We will contract to the size of a L1 team. There might be 30,000 watching but on the pitch that is what it will be.

The league is a bearpit and it will take a while to get out of.

I will be happy if we steady the ship and finish outside the relegation zone next season, especially if we get hit by another pts deduction.

Then its a couple of seasons' rebuilding and then get back up - hopefully.

We could go into freefall .... 

black and white falling GIF by Pi-Slices