Relegation.. priorities?

Chester40

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nothing can be done until the takeover is complete. That’s the only priority right now. Save the club so we actually get to play in League One next season.

For the next three games… they’re dead rubbers now, for us and I believe all of our opponents. No point playing the kids as we don’t even know whether they’ll be here. Put the players out who have fought so valiantly all season, so we can give them a proper send off - particularly in the final game against Cardiff.

But also, since we no longer need to worry about focusing on our fight for survival… let’s give Morris what for. He’s got away very lightly, as we rightfully have focused on driving the team on. But now is the time to give him everything that’s coming to him. Let’s make it clear on Saturday that he’s never welcome back to this city again.

As much as I’d like to give Mel what for, he still holds the keys to Pride park. So giving him what for may not be the best thing to do. At least wait til he has no bearing on the future of this club.

I don’t care if we win lose or draw the last 3 games. But I would like to see those players that have shown a desire and willingness to be here next season to be given the shirt for those matches.

The test can all be their on May 7th where we can show them our love and respect for their efforts this season.

15 hours ago, Magicman said:

Get shut of Roos, Lawrence, Bielik, Sibley, on top of  Ebosole & Plange. 

I’d add Buchanan to that list. These players have all had their moments and we should wish them well.

We have to get the ownership of the club and the stadium sorted asap and Rooney’s comments made it sound like part of that relies on MM.

I don’t think he’s in a hurry but I hope he will find a solution he’s happy to accept.

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Tom Lawrences contract expires in June of this year so we'll get the square root of piss all for him.....

He is reportedly on 35k a week so we would be saving something like 1.8 Million a year on wages

Or if we adjust it down to 25k a week its 1.3 million .

We might even be able to replace him with 1 or 2 lower league rough diamonds and be better overall as a team ?

Takeover. It's that simple really. It can't be allowed to fail.

Beyond that, contracts for Allsop, Cashin, Davies, Thompson, Ebiowei, Ravel. That would be a strong start imo.

Think all the others will go. CKR is the only one I'm unsure about, he'd be just what we need in such a physical league, but his injury record hasn't been great this season, and purely based on his career, think he'll look elsewhere.

Bielik, Bird and Knight are too good for L1, and will have to think of their own futures. As much as I'd love Bird to stay, he needs to be in the Champ at a minimum. Should raise a bit more funds from those three, but probably no more than £5-7m for the lot at a push.

Backfilling the academy.

Season tickets. CK said something about it probably being June... but as long as they're in for the season start, it doesn't particularly matter in terms of the money, so I don't see it as much of a priority

Edited by Animal is a Ram

If we're selling Bielek, we need a fee that both (a) covers what we owe to Arsenal and (b) cancels out any Amortisation loss on his remaining contract. (b) might be slightly easier to achieve than (a).

Lawrence will have to go too unless he's willing to take a drop down to the EFL's maximum permitted salary, which is doubtful.

I agree that Bird and Knight, for their career's sake, need to be playing at Championship level as a minimum and they may not be the right type of players to stabilise us in L1. Sibley might prosper in L1, but if he has to be sold to raise funds for rebuilding, so be it. Equally, I'd be happy to see them all give it a season with us in L1, though Knight would need his contract extending to protect his value and the EFL restrictions might not allow that as he's probably on >£4,500/wk. Buchanan may fall under a similar restriction and it seems that many don't rate him, though I feel that is harsh.

Of the youth, I'd like to see Cashin, Thompson, Ebiowei, Hutchinson and Watson re-sign to continue their development with us, and the same goes for any of the other Academy players who've been around the first team this season. We need to stop the drip, drip, drip of young talent out of the club as soon as we become financially stable again.

Of the senior players I'd be happy to see Allsop, Byrne, Curtis, Fozzy and Stearman back at the club, for the continuity factor and a bit of guaranteed character and commitment as much as their playing ability. I also wouldn't mind having Ravel around, but I'd fear for what the butchers of L1 would do to him.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

If we're selling Bielek, we need a fee that both (a) covers what we owe to Arsenal and (b) cancels out any Amortisation loss on his remaining contract. (b) might be slightly easier to achieve than (a).

Even if we assume the total fee for Bielik is the full £10m*  then his c/f value will be £4m now.

We should be able to achieve that fee, even given his injuries.

*It was quoted at the time as "could eventually be a record fee" and "up to £10m", but I highly doubt many markers have been hit that  have increased the fee too much from the original guaranteed amount, due to injuries reducing his appearances and our lack of any PL promotion.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Even if we assume the total fee for Bielik is the full £10m*  then his c/f value will be £4m now.

*It was quoted at the time as "could eventually be a record fee" and "up to £10m", but I highly doubt many markers have been hit that  have increased the fee too much from the original guaranteed amount, due to injuries reducing his appearances and our lack of any PL promotion.

7.5 unless were promoted to the premier league/plays so many games.  That promotion isn't happening in the next two years and he's hardly played.  1.5 a year over 5 years .  Paid 4.5.  3 to pay off. 1 million to spend on creditors.  Lovely jubbly.

When do we get a nice pay out for Bogle and Lowe.  About 4 million to come from that isn't there.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

7.5 unless were promoted to the premier league/plays so many games.  That promotion isn't happening in the next two years and he's hardly played.  1.5 a year over 5 years .  Paid 4.5.  3 to pay off. 1 million to spend on creditors.  Lovely jubbly.

When do we get a nice pay out for Bogle and Lowe.  About 4 million to come from that isn't there.

I meant his c/f value on the balance sheet would be £4m, what his transfer value is time will tell but we'll surely get at least £4m even with his injuries.

As for Bogle & Lowe, not a clue.

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'm pretty sure that the initial fee without add-ons was around £7M, but I don't know how much we've got left to pay, which is why I thought that clearing the amortisation charges might be easier than covering what we owe to Arsenal. Hopefully, we can get at least £4M - you'd think so because, although he's not yet back to his best, he's clearly a class player.

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'm pretty sure that the initial fee without add-ons was around £7M, but I don't know how much we've got left to pay, which is why I thought that clearing the amortisation charges might be easier than covering what we owe to Arsenal. Hopefully, we can get at least £4M - you'd think so because, although he's not yet back to his best, he's clearly a class player.

Sorry, I must have misread - I thought you had said that covering the remaining amortisation was the more difficult!

That's what 5 hours sleep does for me.

23 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Sorry, I must have misread - I thought you had said that covering the remaining amortisation was the more difficult!

That's what 5 hours sleep does for me.

No worries - it's the lazy commentators in the media and online who keep repeating that we owe Arsenal £8M for Bielek that grind my gears. I'm pretty sure we don't, because the figure in the Statement of Affairs for Player Registrations was 'only' £8.3M (and we're supposed to owe £2.5M for Joswiak alone) but in truth I don't know for sure what the correct figure is.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Think all the others will go. CKR is the only one I'm unsure about, he'd be just what we need in such a physical league, but his injury record hasn't been great this season, and purely based on his career, think he'll look elsewhere.

I’d quite like him to stay on as part of the squad next year, but that second tweet makes me think he won’t be around. I’m aware he’s not prolific, but I think he’s shown some leadership both off the field and on it during his time here, having his physical presence and that experience for one more season in what could be another young squad would benefit the club.

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’d quite like him to stay on as part of the squad next year, but that second tweet makes me think he won’t be around. I’m aware he’s not prolific, but I think he’s shown some leadership both off the field and on it during his time here, having his physical presence and that experience for one more season in what could be another young squad would benefit the club.

I saw that second tweet and also read between the lines in that it may mean he's unlikely to be here next season.  If not, best of luck to him - I don't think anyone would deny the early impact he made, nor his commitment throughout.  He lost form following his injury, unsurprisingly. If he did stay I think he'd make a decent option for us in L1 where it's much more physical.  Not as our No.1 striker - but as a backup option plus as you say, his leadership / mentoring qualities too. 

I think CKR was getting pretty frustrated with being used as an impact sub before he got injured, and that would be even more of the case next season.

I hope we get chance to say thank you to him, because he's been a real character around the club, but I think Rooney will be looking for a new striker who is strong but more mobile.