World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Just read an article about the Doha Fan Park. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. 

Hopefully, when this WC is over, FIFA get a proper shoeing in the Courts and/or gets sidelined by another world governing body. Some of them should be rotting in prison. 

what about it? are you sharing the information? do we have to guess? It is overrun by ferrets? is it built on rickety stilts? I don't know... tell me Crewton.............

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what about it? are you sharing the information? do we have to guess? It is overrun by ferrets? is it built on rickety stilts? I don't know... tell me Crewton.............

It'll be getting plenty of TV and podcast coverage from this weekend, or you can Google it now. 

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Just read an article about the Doha Fan Park. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. 

Hopefully, when this WC is over, FIFA get a proper shoeing in the Courts and/or gets sidelined by another world governing body. Some of them should be rotting in prison. 

Pinched from elsewhere.

The only beer sold in the fan festivals will be cans of Budweiser at 50 Qatari rials, currently £11.60.

…since when was Budweiser reclassified as beer?

Instead of rainbow armbands, I feel the whole team should be wearing black armbands for the 6,500 workers who've died building the stadia. And during the warmup our players should take their own minute's silence. What a terrible thing that's happened, but it doesn't seem to be the media's focus. 

Playing this World Cup feels somewhat like still going ahead and playing the European Cup Final after Heysel. 

Hmm...

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/soccer-qatar-announce-no-alcohol-sales-world-cup-stadium-sites-source-2022-11-18/

DOHA Nov 18 (Reuters) - In a reversal, World Cup organisers will announce on Friday that no alcoholic beer will be sold to fans at Qatar's stadiums, a source with knowledge of the decision told Reuters.

Now maybe your average knuckleheaded fan won't care about human rights, but beer sales? 

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Hmm...

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/soccer-qatar-announce-no-alcohol-sales-world-cup-stadium-sites-source-2022-11-18/

DOHA Nov 18 (Reuters) - In a reversal, World Cup organisers will announce on Friday that no alcoholic beer will be sold to fans at Qatar's stadiums, a source with knowledge of the decision told Reuters.

Now maybe your average knuckleheaded fan won't care about human rights, but beer sales? 

Now that Qatar have banned alcohol in and around stadiums, the Scottish and Irish decision to boycott the World Cup suddenly makes sense.

1 hour ago, David said:

Whilst it shouldn’t be a major issue, this should have been announced prior to ticket sales, not say you will sell then 48hrs from kick off reverse the decision. Elon Musk running the show out there?

Only for general admission fans though. Still available in corporate areas.

They don't even bother hiding it anymore.