Blackburn Away Match Thread

Blackburn failed to score at home to Bristol City on Saturday, and have failed to score in 10 of their last 14 matches.

Keep it tight at the back, and there's every chance we could grab something on the break.

Have a feeling one goal either way will win this one. I'd keep it tight for 60 minutes, get the home fans nervous, then send on Festy and CKR to cause them problems.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd we squander a 20 goal advantage over the others in just 9/10 games, I'm certain we won't have enough points anyway

You're probably right.

At end of the day, the rate we score at if we concede we dont win.

Last time we scored 2 away was Reading.

Edit: And the only other time we've done it, was Stoke!

Edited by Shuff264

Rovers have scored 1 goal in their last 9 matches!! I don’t think even we’ve managed that on our worse runs of form!! My mate is a season ticket holder and he’s beside himself with how it’s going (I’ve said he has no idea!!) Said they’ve dominated last two games and against Bristol been done by a sucker punch - he sent me video of Weimanns goal - absolute comedy If its not your team on receiving end , a wild shot so bad it’s going away from goal that landed on Weimanns boot and he’s volleyed it in from 20 yards!! He’s practically given up on top 6, very depressed. 

Trusting our luck they’ll get it together on Tuesday and do us. When they’re on form they are one of the best teams - still one of the best teams I’ve seen at PP this season Lets hope their recent form continues and we can capitalise. Our record at Ewood is horrendous - a result is long overdue 

47 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Allsop
Byrne   Davies   Cashin   Buchanan

Ebiowei   Bird   Bielik   Knight

Ravel   Lawrence .

I’d be happy with your lineup but I think we are too passive away from home. I’d like to see us put more pressure on the opposition when they’re in possession and for us to get the ball forward far quicker.

Bird is a good young player but he’s a bit too similar to Bielik. Knight in to disrupt their midfield. Sibley given an hour to get a goal. 

Morrison has the experience to drop deeper when Sibley goes forward.
Forsyth in for his experience - no slight on Buchanan.

Allsop

Byrne   Davies   Cashin   Forsyth

Knight    Bielik     Sibley 

Ebiowei    Ravel   Lawrence

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rovers have scored 1 goal in their last 9 matches!! I don’t think even we’ve managed that on our worse runs of form!! My mate is a season ticket holder and he’s beside himself with how it’s going (I’ve said he has no idea!!) Said they’ve dominated last two games and against Bristol been done by a sucker punch - he sent me video of Weimanns goal - absolute comedy If its not your team on receiving end , a wild shot so bad it’s going away from goal that landed on Weimanns boot and he’s volleyed it in from 20 yards!! He’s practically given up on top 6, very depressed. 

Trusting our luck they’ll get it together on Tuesday and do us. When they’re on form they are one of the best teams - still one of the best teams I’ve seen at PP this season Lets hope their recent form continues and we can capitalise. Our record at Ewood is horrendous - a result is long overdue 

Agreed they did a number on us in the 1st half at Pride Park and should have been out of sight at half time. However we almost snatched something from the game in the 2nd half. 

I'm not sure how much of that rally in 2nd half was down to our play or them sitting back on what they had and allowing us back into the game. I'm just hopeful that with their fragility at the moment that if we get at them and turn the crowd, we may just be able to snatch something from the game. 

On 13/03/2022 at 07:22, Carnero said:

Yeah I remember him being the hate figure for a good while in the early 90s, my first "big game" experience was being knocked out by Blackburn in the playoffs (1992?) and Speedie being chased of the BBG pitch and down the tunnel to the dressing rooms ?

I remember him from a game when he was at Coventry, I, through the radio Derby money mountain appeal was sat in the directors box. Speedie was sent off and it all kicked off with the rest of the players and I can’t remember if one of our players was sent off as well. Anyway we were invited into the players lounge afterwards and I was surprised to see the same players including Speedie having a drink and laughing and joking together. A case of what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. 30th December 1989 if anyone can find any footage of it.

Allsop

Byrne Davies Cashin Forsyth

Knight Bielik Bird

Lawrence 

Plange.       Kazim 

More attacking. Only a win would be a good result. Blackburn concede a high amount of  goals from set pieces so get Kazim in and get players threatening around the box. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

It would be nice to get at least something from here, a point isn't the end of the world. We have to hope that Bristol and Bournemouth get a win, although I suspect at least one of them won't, so feel like it's very important we get something. 

Blackburn are in absolutely dire form as well, we really need to go all out and win this one. 

Another 0-1.  Scrappy old tussle and a lapse from a free kick with 4 minutes to go .  Derby hit the post straight after following a penalty for handball clearly missed just before they score. Probably Brerton who scores have come on a sub for the last 10 minutes.  Cue the Forest Morlocks going on about agent Brereton before going back to shouting at fire and throwing poo at each other.

On 13/03/2022 at 12:37, Jimbo Ram said:

We need goals so a very attacking team: 

Allsop

Cashin   Davies   Stearman 

Byrne  Sibley   Bielik   Morrison  Festy

Lawrence  CKR

yep I would go with that, 3 at the back and hit them down the sides