Underrated Rams Moments

DarkFruitsRam7

I’ve often thought that goal against Hull is weirdly forgotten, despite it being one of the best goals Pride Park has seen IMO. I think it would be revered a lot more if it had been scored in the 13/14 season.

Seeing the above tweet from @Steve Bloomer's Washing made me wonder:

What are some of the moments from our history that we don’t talk about enough?

For me, the Billy Davies promotion season seems to be frequently swept under the carpet. The reasons for that are obvious, but I still feel we should celebrate glorious moments like Stephen Pearson’s winner a little more.

What are your underrated Rams moments?

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ve often thought that goal against Hull is weirdly forgotten, despite it being one of the best goals Pride Park has seen IMO. I think it would be revered a lot more if it had been scored in the 13/14 season.

For me, the Billy Davies promotion season seems to be frequently swept under the carpet. The reasons for that are obvious, but I still feel we should celebrate glorious moments like Stephen Pearson’s winner a little more.

The Hull goal has always stayed fresh in my mind. It was better then anything from 2013/14 and IMO better than anything since, even the pearler from the Barnsley game. It's the ever so cheeky backheels that seal the deal.

Not the point of the thread I know but I weirdly think that goal v Hull is quite overrated, I think it’s that the finish is not very aesthetically pleasing because it is crap goalkeeping. Much prefer Ravel’s because he makes the keeper look an absolute mug as well.

I think the last few league games under Lampard were really good and pretty much the exact opposite of the Derby bottlers tag. Scoring twice in stoppage time to beat QPR at home, smash and grab away at Bristol City and then a really comfortable win in a do or die final day v West Brom. In hindsight probably shouldn’t have bothered as all it did was poke Steve Gibson’s nest.

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The goal against Hull, by far….

14 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I think the last few league games under Lampard were really good and pretty much the exact opposite of the Derby bottlers tag. Scoring twice in stoppage time to beat QPR at home, smash and grab away at Bristol City and then a really comfortable win in a do or die final day v West Brom. In hindsight probably shouldn’t have bothered as all it did was poke Steve Gibson’s nest.

That whole season was just a brilliant rollercoaster.

Think what you will of the twisted fire starter but that goal against Wigan was special. It's been debated that did he really mean it?

Whichever way you see it, an opportunistic swing of the leg  or individual brilliance it was still a special goal. 

I can confidently say that 99.999% of us couldn't get our bodies anywhere near the position needed to execute that goal. Even though our relationship has soured with MB, I still enjoy watching that goal. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.facebook.com/DerbyCountyOfficial/videos/all-angles-mason-bennett-vs-wigan-athletic-/612399389205514/&ved=2ahUKEwjc1-Dqh7T2AhVKa8AKHVtEDJoQwqsBegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2iUReK1pMR63xppLwZ_fMI

This always sticks out to me as a bit of a forgotten memory. Its possibly underrated due to our heroics at Man U later on this season but that goal from Sturridge that hits the crossbar is a ‘moment’ all in itself.

But this game was before any marquee signings but probably the first time on modern ‘premier league’ football Derby put other sides on notice? Might be wrong there but that’s what it felt like to me looking back. 

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The Hull goal has always stayed fresh in my mind. It was better then anything from 2013/14 and IMO better than anything since, even the pearler from the Barnsley game. It's the ever so cheeky backheels that seal the deal.

I actually think a lot of the goals from 13/14 and 14/15 are forgotten because the football was so consistently good.

If you count the quick free-kick, the fourth Brighton goal in the semi was a 20 odd pass move.