Underrated Rams Moments

DarkFruitsRam7

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

This always sticks out to me as a bit of a forgotten memory. Its possibly underrated due to our heroics at Man U later on this season but that goal from Sturridge that hits the crossbar is a ‘moment’ all in itself.

But this game was before any marquee signings but probably the first time on modern ‘premier league’ football Derby put other sides on notice? Might be wrong there but that’s what it felt like to me looking back. 

I was in with the Arsenal fans for this. Very unlucky not to get 3 points and if memory serves Viers was lucky to be on the pitch for the equaliser. Great game when we were a beautiful unknown quantity. Loved that season.

15 minutes ago, marbs_ram said:

Got to be the Wanchope goal v man utd at pride park 2-2 game. What a ducking goal. Unreal. Better than the one at old Trafford in my opinion.

Thank god you specified which goal it was. I thought you were talking about his other one, i.e. the most overrated goal in Derby County history.

3 hours ago, cannable said:

I actually think a lot of the goals from 13/14 and 14/15 are forgotten because the football was so consistently good.

If you count the quick free-kick, the fourth Brighton goal in the semi was a 20 odd pass move.

That was a beauty alight and you're right, that side played such wonderful sweeping football that it could almost be taken for granted. But not quite! I think the Hull goal sticks in my mind because it was so outrageously uninhibited. Players expressing themselves to the max and taking risks and making it look like they did that kind of stuff every day. I understand everyone will have their own personal favourites but in truth, it's nice just to be talking about some positive stuff right now rather than the never-ending abyss of administration.

7 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The Hull goal has always stayed fresh in my mind. It was better then anything from 2013/14 and IMO better than anything since, even the pearler from the Barnsley game. It's the ever so cheeky backheels that seal the deal.

In 13/14 season then Johnny Russell against Leeds at home ? thing of beauty.

Edited by rynny

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Thank god you specified which goal it was. I thought you were talking about his other one, i.e. the most overrated goal in Derby County history.

I always liked Sturridge's goal in the 3-2, absolutely brilliant, and hilarious.