Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

12 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

The American phrase “from the get go”. Not sure why but it annoys me. I know it’s from “ready, steady, go” but what’s wrong with the good old “ from the start”? Or “from the beginning”? 

American phrases full stop.

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/02/2022 at 07:48, Grumpy Git said:

American phrases full stop.

Americans say 'I could care less' which is completely counter intuitive to the statement - the point is that you couldn't care less

Math is also not singular and, if it is, do they call it Physic as well or Gymnastic? No, they don't. So don't do it with Math then.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/art-burning-man-chatsworth-awesome-6859308

If I pay to visit an estate like Chatsworth, I don't want to see a 300 year old house and garden packed with this poo. Those big chunks of red metal they stuck by the fountain 3 years ago stopping anyone getting a nice family photo were bad enough, almost as bad as the prices rises. 

• 1 month later...

I was in a charity shop the other day, just having a bit of a nosey in downtown Beeston. Sounds of discussion from the counter.

Customer- I'm willing to pay eight pounds for it, but no more than that

Cashier- I'm afraid that ten pounds is what it's priced at

Customer- Yes, but I'm not willing to pay that. Can't you ask upstairs to see if it can be reduced?

Cashier- Well, I can ask

Other customers were looking on and the bartering customer looked sheepish and walked out

It was a charity shop FFS. A CHARITY SHOP. In aid of an end of life hospice. DOUBLE FFS

1 minute ago, dog said:

I was in a charity shop the other day, just having a bit of a nosey in downtown Beeston. Sounds of discussion from the counter.

Customer- I'm willing to pay eight pounds for it, but no more than that

Cashier- I'm afraid that ten pounds is what it's priced at

Customer- Yes, but I'm not willing to pay that. Can't you ask upstairs to see if it can be reduced?

Cashier- Well, I can ask

Other customers were looking on and the bartering customer looked sheepish and walked out

It was a charity shop FFS. A CHARITY SHOP. In aid of an end of life hospice. DOUBLE FFS

Muckerette helped out at the Poppy stand in the intu last year.

Whilst she was happy to report some were generous enough to pay with notes, even for the basic everyday paper poppies, others were coming up with coins asking "What can I get for 20p"!

She had all on refraining from screaming "Just chuck the coin in... yer know... like a donation"!   ?