Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

1 hour ago, dog said:

I was in a charity shop the other day, just having a bit of a nosey in downtown Beeston. Sounds of discussion from the counter.

Customer- I'm willing to pay eight pounds for it, but no more than that

Cashier- I'm afraid that ten pounds is what it's priced at

Customer- Yes, but I'm not willing to pay that. Can't you ask upstairs to see if it can be reduced?

Cashier- Well, I can ask

Other customers were looking on and the bartering customer looked sheepish and walked out

It was a charity shop FFS. A CHARITY SHOP. In aid of an end of life hospice. DOUBLE FFS

This is more common than you think according to my mate who works in one. It's usually well dressed/spoken people who drive expensive cars.

Edited by TimRam

9 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

This, without a shadow of doubt, needs more detail...

It was a lease property, She refused to pay her retention fee, A retention fee is what the leaving lease holder leaves money with their Solicitor in case of management fees going over budget, Fees returned if not gone over budget.

I had 2 choices, Insist they pay or take a risk myself and hope there is no over spend, I insisted they pay and If they choose not to it would put the sale in jeopardy, After 2 days of toing and froing from Solicitors they decided to leave the money with their solicitor.

2 days before exchange of contracts my Solicitor is sent a statement from the management company showing there is still £1,600.94 outstanding from their service charge after they had told me all existing debt had been cleared, My Solicitor advised I cancel exchange until this is agreed to be paid off on completion, I cancel exchange as if contracts are exchanged I'm left with the outstanding debt as I'll be the new lease holder, We were to exchange on the 22rd April and complete 25th April, the 22nd, 25th and 26th April Their Solicitor is trying to make contact with them with no luck.

This was in it's 17th week of the sale, I am now effing pi$$ed off, On the afternoon of the 26th I pulled out of the sale and my property sale, On the 27th I get a phone call from their estate agents asking how can "WE" save this, They were told there's no longer a chance of saving this and I bid him farewell.

I have had to replace furniture and other sundries at a cost of close on £2k, I am now waiting for the itemised legal bill from the solicitors circa £2.5k?‍♀️, This was my 1st foray into the lease market and last, I've decided to stay where I am?

Citeh. Manure. Florist. Direby. Or any other corruption of a clubs name. Usually found on Twitter and Internet Fora.

Written by grown men (I presume) who, for some unfathomable reason, must think this is funny, "banter", perhaps even clever. 

Also, the slight variant of inserting asterisks, as though the mere name of the club is swearing. E.g. N********m F****t.

Forget how stupid this makes one look, it takes about 5 times as long making sure there are the correct number of asterisks as if you just typed the proper name out, so stop it.

On 29/04/2022 at 17:57, dog said:

I was in a charity shop the other day, just having a bit of a nosey in downtown Beeston. Sounds of discussion from the counter.

Customer- I'm willing to pay eight pounds for it, but no more than that

Cashier- I'm afraid that ten pounds is what it's priced at

Customer- Yes, but I'm not willing to pay that. Can't you ask upstairs to see if it can be reduced?

Cashier- Well, I can ask

Other customers were looking on and the bartering customer looked sheepish and walked out

It was a charity shop FFS. A CHARITY SHOP. In aid of an end of life hospice. DOUBLE FFS

Also taking advantage of the fact that the staff of charity shops are often volunteers and nice people.

Me ...

I'd suddenly lock the front door and call the Police accusing them of shoplifting.

Get Fat Bob from out the stockroom to back up everything I say.

heh he heh

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

On 01/05/2022 at 17:57, Unlucky Alf said:

It was a lease property, She refused to pay her retention fee, A retention fee is what the leaving lease holder leaves money with their Solicitor in case of management fees going over budget, Fees returned if not gone over budget.

I had 2 choices, Insist they pay or take a risk myself and hope there is no over spend, I insisted they pay and If they choose not to it would put the sale in jeopardy, After 2 days of toing and froing from Solicitors they decided to leave the money with their solicitor.

2 days before exchange of contracts my Solicitor is sent a statement from the management company showing there is still £1,600.94 outstanding from their service charge after they had told me all existing debt had been cleared, My Solicitor advised I cancel exchange until this is agreed to be paid off on completion, I cancel exchange as if contracts are exchanged I'm left with the outstanding debt as I'll be the new lease holder, We were to exchange on the 22rd April and complete 25th April, the 22nd, 25th and 26th April Their Solicitor is trying to make contact with them with no luck.

This was in it's 17th week of the sale, I am now effing pi$$ed off, On the afternoon of the 26th I pulled out of the sale and my property sale, On the 27th I get a phone call from their estate agents asking how can "WE" save this, They were told there's no longer a chance of saving this and I bid him farewell.

I have had to replace furniture and other sundries at a cost of close on £2k, I am now waiting for the itemised legal bill from the solicitors circa £2.5k?‍♀️, This was my 1st foray into the lease market and last, I've decided to stay where I am?

House selling/buying is always a pain the ass.  All 3 times I've basically paid a solicitor2-3 k and done all the work.  2 months on a buy sorting a land border issue.  Wound up going down myself with a tape measure and getting agreement from the neighbour.  A first time buyer who having chased the estate agent for 7 weeks and giving a 24 hr deadline, turned out to have bought before and was waiting for 5k from her ex to cover her deposit. Finally, a couple who were first time buyers who were due to complete in the July then advised they had a tenancy agreement till the end of September two weeks before completion and asked me to pay it.

Really can't be arsed to move again unless it's somewhere spectacular with a lottery win.

3 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Citeh. Manure. Florist. Direby. Or any other corruption of a clubs name. Usually found on Twitter and Internet Fora.

Written by grown men (I presume) who, for some unfathomable reason, must think this is funny, "banter", perhaps even clever. 

Also, the slight variant of inserting asterisks, as though the mere name of the club is swearing. E.g. N********m F****t.

Forget how stupid this makes one look, it takes about 5 times as long making sure there are the correct number of asterisks as if you just typed the proper name out, so stop it.

Not only do I disagree with you, I think this is a cunning trap!

I notice you didn't actually type any of those team names correctly yourself!  ?

PS:
I find it so much easier to keep count just by using 1 x asterisk per offensive name!  ?

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

House selling/buying is always a pain the ass.  All 3 times I've basically paid a solicitor2-3 k and done all the work.  2 months on a buy sorting a land border issue.  Wound up going down myself with a tape measure and getting agreement from the neighbour.  A first time buyer who having chased the estate agent for 7 weeks and giving a 24 hr deadline, turned out to have bought before and was waiting for 5k from her ex to cover her deposit. Finally, a couple who were first time buyers who were due to complete in the July then advised they had a tenancy agreement till the end of September two weeks before completion and asked me to pay it.

Really can't be arsed to move again unless it's somewhere spectacular with a lottery win.

I remember my Dad moving when I was about 20, me and my brother (16 yrs old) went over to help him the move his house contents.

We were going to shift his valuables and help him sort stuff at the other end, the removal men were going to empty his house, load their wagon and unload at the other end as per.

The removal lorry shows up ...  three tiny blokes step out .. we ended up doing just about everything.

I doubt WHR Senior paid them much ... maybe someone will be on later on this thread saying how he was annoyed his 4 ft Dad was underpaid in 1988 for moving this nasty old bugger's stuff in Alveston.

Being excluded from role hires as a result of people wanting to pursue a "diversity" agenda. 

I've never in my life believed that I have operated anything other than a strict meritocracy in hiring. And have never knowingly discriminated in management. 

And yet I am symptomatic or emblematic of some privileged clique so deserve exclusion regardless of competence. 

Drivers that are not paying attention on the road.

My Mum had just left her house in Stapleford last night, bringing my dog back having looked after him whilst we were away.

Less than 15 minutes into her journey, down the A52 traffic on the inside lane onto the M1 was slowing down, my mum slowed with the traffic in front of her down to no more than 10mph, is smashed from behind into a spin that took her into the next lane, then hit again head on and sent back into the left lane by another car.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/motoring/live-updates-serious-crash-causes-7104628

Thankfully both Mum and dog are fine and uninjured, a little stiff this morning and marks on her from the seatbelt, it’s not lost on us how lucky they both were.

My dog has his own seatbelt which probably saved his life, when the emergency services were collecting their stuff out the car, they had to retrieve his bag from maybe 20-30ft down the duel carriage way.

Could easily have been him. So many have dogs loose in the car, let this be a warning, a £10 belt that clipped on to his harness possibly saved his life. You can be the safest driver on the road, yet you cannot control what other cars are doing.

Whilst waiting for emergency services as she was trapped inside, car door hinges were buckled, my mum asked the young driver why he didn’t stop, his reply was “I couldn’t”.

Now unless he had a break failure, I can only assume he was distracted by a mobile phone, car radio or something as to put a car into a spin and causing that much damage at low speeds, he clearly was not paying attention and reacting to what was happening in front of him .

Witnesses have collaborated my mums version of events, fully injured, gap insurance the lot so financially she will be fine. Mentally though, not so much, doesn’t want to get behind the wheel again, shook her right up.

Not sure what’s happened to him, but surely a case of driving without due care and attention.

43CA4C23-46EF-4B9F-8580-3556C8117823.jpeg

E89B3E24-1E22-435C-911D-87F4BC0550E5.jpeg

3053CA94-3EA8-4AE6-872A-577A025B0A7E.jpeg

8515ACF5-B307-41FC-BEE9-4029DE552C30.jpeg

86631FE9-CB3B-4966-B4F7-E7F1305E8515.jpeg

F9106F6C-74B7-4A52-B8B6-75F5B875F02E.jpeg

A67C8744-7D60-4704-9DBF-B786E97E9A16.jpeg

4 minutes ago, David said:

Drivers that are not paying attention on the road.

My Mum had just left her house in Stapleford last night, bringing my dog back having looked after him whilst we were away.

Less than 15 minutes into her journey, down the A52 traffic on the inside lane onto the M1 was slowing down, my mum slowed with the traffic in front of her down to no more than 10mph, is smashed from behind into a spin that took her into the next lane, then hit again head on and sent back into the left lane by another car.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/motoring/live-updates-serious-crash-causes-7104628

Thankfully both Mum and dog are fine and uninjured, a little stiff this morning and marks on her from the seatbelt, it’s not lost on us how lucky they both were.

My dog has his own seatbelt which probably saved his life, when the emergency services were collecting their stuff out the car, they had to retrieve his bag from maybe 20-30ft down the duel carriage way.

Could easily have been him. So many have dogs loose in the car, let this be a warning, a £10 belt that clipped on to his harness possibly saved his life. You can be the safest driver on the road, yet you cannot control what other cars are doing.

Whilst waiting for emergency services as she was trapped inside, car door hinges were buckled, my mum asked the young driver why he didn’t stop, his reply was “I couldn’t”.

Now unless he had a break failure, I can only assume he was distracted by a mobile phone, car radio or something as to put a car into a spin and causing that much damage at low speeds, he clearly was not paying attention and reacting to what was happening in front of him .

Witnesses have collaborated my mums version of events, fully injured, gap insurance the lot so financially she will be fine. Mentally though, not so much, doesn’t want to get behind the wheel again, shook her right up.

Not sure what’s happened to him, but surely a case of driving without due care and attention.

43CA4C23-46EF-4B9F-8580-3556C8117823.jpeg

E89B3E24-1E22-435C-911D-87F4BC0550E5.jpeg

3053CA94-3EA8-4AE6-872A-577A025B0A7E.jpeg

8515ACF5-B307-41FC-BEE9-4029DE552C30.jpeg

86631FE9-CB3B-4966-B4F7-E7F1305E8515.jpeg

F9106F6C-74B7-4A52-B8B6-75F5B875F02E.jpeg

A67C8744-7D60-4704-9DBF-B786E97E9A16.jpeg

That's awful, David. I hope your mum and Jax suffer no long term effects. 

The car will be replaced, but it takes a while to rebuild confidence after events like this.

I know that junction well, always queues there, no excuse for the lad not to be anticipating this. 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's awful, David. I hope your mum and Jax suffer no long term effects. 

The car will be replaced, but it takes a while to rebuild confidence after events like this.

I know that junction well, always queues there, no excuse for the lad not to be anticipating this. 

5.30pm, rush hour as well.

We went down to pick them both up, got my mum staying with us now for a few days, Jax got into the car and travelled like nothing had happened. Was a little shaken up at the time apparently, but no he appears to be fine now as is my mum thankfully.

Could have been so much worse, that’s the scary thing. Hit at a different angle in the next spin, that’s in hospital with injuries.

Horrible thing to happen - hope they both make a full recovery. Afraid there are too many folk who find other things to be more impotant than concentrating on the road when they're driving nowadays.....

Keep a close eye on your mum for the next few days - if she's got whiplash (certainly possible after a crash like that) it may take a couple of days to hit her fully....