Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

On 24/05/2022 at 11:35, Mostyn6 said:

button-up jeans/trousers/shorts when you go from bottom to top, doing all the buttons, but when you do the top button, some lower ones have undone themselves ?

Further button related issues... The second button on any shirt somehow being an entirely crucial factor in whether or not the shirt is wearable. 

Some are too high; requiring you to debate unbuttoning the top two and looking like Mike Ashley after a long lunch and a trip to the fireplace, or keeping it buttoned up and risk looking like you're part of some ultra-Christo bible cult.

Then theres those that are placed too low down, so even done up you appear too relaxed and resemble Magnum P.I on holiday.

Why can't they get it right?

44 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Did anyone get to the bottom of the neighbors being robbed and pillaged?

The forum has to know.

television history GIF

Just don't live near big navigable rivers or on the coast.

In 793 Lindisfarne Monastery got trashed by the Vikings. The monks had a state-of-the-art ADT home system and it didn't help them.

It's why I have a broadsword under my bed.

2 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

television history GIF

Just don't live near big navigable rivers or on the coast.

In 793 Lindisfarne Monastery got trashed by the Vikings. The monks had a state-of-the-art ADT home system and it didn't help them.

It's why I have a broadsword under my bed.

I prefer to use mercenaries, although the current one is asleep on his bed with his favourite soft toy but will want his lunchtime walkies soon.

I reached 66 in April, My friend said have I got my Bus Pass, Never gave it a thought, Searched online and there it was Derbyshire County Council...Gold Card, Filled online and with photo, Reply back I should receive pass within 5 days, If not after 10 days get in touch with your Council or Derby City council.

Nothing received for 3 weeks so I emailed Derby City Council, They emailed back and said I have to get in touch with South Derbyshire District Council as that's my post code, I rang them 15mins to get through, Told them the issue, They said I have to get in touch with Derbyshire County Council, Told them I have done as I have a reference number after filling online application, Lady asks for reference number, Nope she says I'm not on system, Ring Derbyshire County Council, Rang Derbyshire County Council 20mins on hold, Told them the issue, They said they no longer issue Gold Card Bus Passes I have to go through my council South Derbyshire, I told them I have spoken to them and informed I'm not on their system, Sorry Lady says...we no longer issue bus passes, Why are you still advertising Gold Card bus passes on your website (silence), You have to get in touch with your council, They don't know what they are doing she says.

I trawl through South Derbyshire's website and there it is...Gold Card application, I have to write to them and ask for the forms so I can fill them in and return.

Being old can have it's advantages, But dealing with Councils is imo damn hard work

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I reached 66 in April, My friend said have I got my Bus Pass, Never gave it a thought, Searched online and there it was Derbyshire County Council...Gold Card, Filled online and with photo, Reply back I should receive pass within 5 days, If not after 10 days get in touch with your Council or Derby City council.

Nothing received for 3 weeks so I emailed Derby City Council, They emailed back and said I have to get in touch with South Derbyshire District Council as that's my post code, I rang them 15mins to get through, Told them the issue, They said I have to get in touch with Derbyshire County Council, Told them I have done as I have a reference number after filling online application, Lady asks for reference number, Nope she says I'm not on system, Ring Derbyshire County Council, Rang Derbyshire County Council 20mins on hold, Told them the issue, They said they no longer issue Gold Card Bus Passes I have to go through my council South Derbyshire, I told them I have spoken to them and informed I'm not on their system, Sorry Lady says...we no longer issue bus passes, Why are you still advertising Gold Card bus passes on your website (silence), You have to get in touch with your council, They don't know what they are doing she says.

I trawl through South Derbyshire's website and there it is...Gold Card application, I have to write to them and ask for the forms so I can fill them in and return.

Being old can have it's advantages, But dealing with Councils is imo damn hard work

Wherever you were planning to go on the bus, you could have walked there by now!   Yer lazy git!  ?

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wherever you were planning to go on the bus, you could have walked there by now!   Yer lazy git!  ?

?I have a car and a pair of legs, I normally do walk, The only time I'd need the bus would be on a match day, As drinking ale and driving are not a good fit, I very rarely go into the city centre as there's no need as I have all I need where I live, In reality a bus pass would confirm I am an old sod now and more of a talking point ?

For when the weather is fine and not raining I will walk on a match day even in winter, Stenson road, Through Normanton Park, Burton Road then hit town...1 hour, In reverse more like 2 hours and fraught with a little danger, Not a good time to walk that way home on your own?

17 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

A seagull shat on me the other day whilst I was walking the dog.

I was annoyed at just how hilarious my significant other found this.

The dog seemed remarkably unperturbed by the whole thing, which was strange as the seagull partly got him as well. 

You are Alan Bennett and I claim my £5 WH Smith voucher.

On 29/06/2022 at 07:33, Unlucky Alf said:

For when the weather is fine and not raining I will walk on a match day even in winter, Stenson road, Through Normanton Park, Burton Road then hit town...1 hour, In reverse more like 2 hours and fraught with a little danger, Not a good time to walk that way home on your own?

Oh, some would consider it the perfect time - just depends what you are looking for

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

What about Wimbledon? The racket there is worse.

I'll get me coat.

I went to Wimbledon Tennis once, I asked my mate...do you fancy a coffee, Went to get the coffee I came back and sat down, Where's mine my mate asks, I asked and you shook your head side to side.

I know this is a bit off topic, but as you've mentioned Wimbledon, just wanted to share something.

During my first year as a student in London, one of our fellow students had a recurrence of her cancer and died.

We decided to go down to the tennis courts which were 5 minutes away from where we were studying and our choir sang madrigals and folk songs for the waiting fans to raise funds for the cancer that claimed the life of our friend. It was one of the most fantastic moments of my life! The crowds waiting to get into Wimbledon were amazing and contributed generously to the cause. I will never forget that that day or our fellow student who was brave enough to embark on a course she might not finish.

Woke up this morning to find all our rattan  garden furniture and an egg chair had been stolen, rang the police on 101 they said someone would be in touch to give us a crime number which  we received via text mid afternoon, meanwhile I did my own detective work, checked with neighbours and secured cctv footage of the crime taking place at 4am.

My daughter posted it on Facebook for any more  information and received a private message from someone a couple of miles away who said she saw  her neighbours , who are apparently well known local drug dealers and receive visits from the police on a regular basis, carrying the furniture into their garden. Straight away rang the police back with the address and relevant information  to be told the officer that would be dealing with it will not be back at work till tomorrow afternoon and there is no one else available.