Liam Rosenior

CBRammette

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I don't think for 1 minute Rosenior will be anything other than DCFC manager, If he's recruiting players now then that's rubber stamped his tenure, You do not let an interim manager sign upwards of 12 players only to relieve him of his duties.

Welcome to management LR ?

Yes it seems likely. We should probably expect a statement early next week to confirm LR as manager. 

39 minutes ago, Boycie said:

We can only hope. I saw a few vids from the official site of training talks and he did come across very well.

I think he needs a good number two, someone to do the hard yards with the squad on his behalf like he did for Wayne.

Always seemed to be the one explaining the tactics during the half time teamtalks

19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Get Jody Morris back in as #2.

Great coach but Justin Walker has worked wonders with our academy and then there’s Bucko to step up as our Mr Motivator.

Along with our goal keeping coach, I’d be well happy with that as a management set up.

Lets see how he does first,no need for hasty decisions on such an important decision.

He's a nice chap,lots of academic qualifications and a year's second in command under his belt but unproven as a gaffer and with a set of not especially brilliant results when he was one of those in charge under the committee structure we had in place for a while.

Might be great for us but equally,might not,so need to nail our colours to the mast just yet when we could give him a trial as first team coach with less risk.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Lets see how he does first,no need for hasty decisions on such an important decision.

He's a nice chap,lots of academic qualifications and a year's second in command under his belt but unproven as a gaffer and with a set of not especially brilliant results when he was one of those in charge under the committee structure we had in place for a while.

Might be great for us but equally,might not,so need to nail our colours to the mast just yet when we could give him a trial as first team coach with less risk.

We need stability at this point, that requires a manager in charge.

If we are wanting to add quality to the squad with players like Houriane dropping down to League 1, they will want to know they are in the managers plans, that can’t be offered with a will he or won’t he be here in a few weeks interim manager.

A week away from the first pre season fixture, there is simply no time to start an interview process, for that manager then to assemble a list of targets.

Rosenior is lucky in a way with the timing that he’s the most obvious and sensible choice right now.

No need for an Alan Pardew 10 year contract, 2/3 years without breaking the bank either to secure him, if he flops, no different to any other manager, he’s shown the door further down the line. 

Also in terms of experience, ok he has none, but if we can’t offer him his first job in League 1, how much lower does he need to go to be given that opportunity?

Experience guarantees you nothing in football.

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don’t agree

we need to back the coach or sack him. players are not going to commit fully to an interim coach, as much as we like to think otherwise players sign for coaches not clubs. if your coach has no certainty you are less likely to come.

he should be appointed properly as manager. I think he was the main man behind Rooney tactics anyway personally. 

38 minutes ago, alram said:

I think he was the main man behind Rooney tactics anyway personally. 

You were doing so well...

Rooney ...but just without the personality, name, passion ....only the tactics ? 

Seriously...I genuinely would be absolutely staggered if DC walked into the club and sacked the manager.  He knows the players, the fanbase, has an idea of who we want to sign.. and has a week to get cracking. 

To dump him without giving him a chance and start looking for a new manager would be reckless as anything and totally at odds with his statement.