Birmingham City (H) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

Just got home, but just wanted to say thanks to all the supporters of our great club that have made memories for me and my son for the rest of our lives,  I particularly remember the old lady in the window on the march in the care home, waving at us all, and then us lot singing, we love you granny we do, amazing, that probably made her day, 

and as to was it worth the long drive, you dont have to ask

Thanks again

Once a Ram 

13 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Just got home, but just wanted to say thanks to all the supporters of our great club that have made memories for me and my son for the rest of our lives,  I particularly remember the old lady in the window on the march in the care home, waving at us all, and then us lot singing, we love you granny we do, amazing, that probably made her day, 

Thanks again

Once a Ram 

Ha, ha.. it was beautiful... the care workers were trying to calm her down. Days like this is why I am what I am!

My god I don't even know what to say really. The march before the game was way bigger than I had dared to imagine and it is something that we'll all remember for years to come and shall go down in folklore. The atmosphere before the game and at the end was absolutely spine tingling and very emotional. The team struggled until 70 minutes, looked flustered, uncomfortable on the ball and unsure of how to get at Birmingham. The tactical change did its trick and we started knocking on the door making them look poor. The noise for the final goal and after was honestly nothing like I've heard at a Derby match before, a giant outpouring of emotion occurred that simply could not be contained. An absolutely epic day and one that's made me monumentally proud to be a Derby fan. 

8 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Thanks again

Once a Ram 

When we passed her there were chants of Grandma Grandma start the bounce - she loved it absolutely loved it.

Edited by Sparkle

I didn't make the march, but thanks to all those who attended, whether marching or supporting the marchers. You did the club, City, County and DCFC fans worldwide proud. 

It was good to see the stadium full again. I hope those extra 7-8,000 fans come back for the remaining games : you can really help to keep the lights on until a buyer can be confirmed.

I guess we all knew that a full house would bring back a few fans who haven't got the memo yet : I won't single out any of the newbies sat near me yesterday for specific criticism, I'll simply say - Please don't let your frustration at poor team and individual performances dampen the positive mood and attitude amongst the majority of the crowd : bite your lips, give encouragement, not abuse, and try and be a bit more tolerant of both the players (who are unquestionably giving 100% for the cause) and your fellow supporters, particularly if you haven't been a regular attender this season, for whatever reason. The club needs both your money and your positivity right now - please give generously of both. UTR 

@B4ev6isNot sure if anyone can do it for you, but either immediately after Bielik scoring, or it might have been on the final whistle, there is a great 2 or 3 seconds (on the sky live broadcast) of a fan who I am almost certain was you, singing loud and proud in the crowd. It was a real good close up. Hopefully someone who knows what they are doing can get to post a link, or ideally a short extract, of it.

Edited by i-Ram

44 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

@B4ev6isNot sure if anyone can do it for you, but either immediately after Bielik scoring, or it might have been on the final whistle, there is a great 2 or 3 seconds (on the sky live broadcast) of a fan who I am almost certain was you, singing loud and proud in the crowd. It was a real good close up. Hopefully someone who knows what they are doing can get to post a link, or ideally a short extract, of it.

I hope this is the one ?

image.png.b9eb172388b9d9e65d7691438face869.png

13 hours ago, Rambalin said:

For those pointing fingers on the second goal the lino could have no idea who headed the ball... Luckily no var....and for the overhead point them to this and Mengi did not pull away from the challeng

What exactly is the high boot rule in football

There actually is no such rule.

The IS a part of Law 12: "Playing in a dangerous manner "

Law 12 says:

Playing in a dangerous manner is defied as any action that, while
trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player
himself). It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent
from playing the ball for fear of injury.
A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the
referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent.

If Mengi wanted to get his head in the way of a flying boot surely that’s his prerogative. Didn’t have to go for the ball. 

Anyway no connection and his hand was probably still smarting from his goal line save earlier. 

Edited by Half Fan Half Biscuit