Birmingham City (H) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

47 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I said a game of football never breaks out against Birmingham - well done to the lads for getting a point with two excellent goals 

we should have had a penalty - Stearman was fractionally off side for our second and the referee couldn’t survive the outrage if he had ruled Belick goal as high kicking UTR 

The ref wouldn't have made it out of the stadium if he'd disallowed that. 

6 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I had forgotten that Lee Bower is their manager, and just thought the the side had still got the spirit of Rowett running through them. Horrible. But they do play like all the other Bowyer teams, who all play just like he did. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. And dirtier than Don Revie's Leeds United. Shame the ref blanked Mengi's handball, as we would have given them the result they deserve.

I hadn't. Lee Bowyer as a player always seemed to save himself for games against us, notably his last minute winner at Leeds finishing their comeback in 1997, winning 4-3. I was there with Leeds fans, and had to have therapy afterwards. Horrible aggressive little twerp. As were the Leeds fans I was with.

Birmingham were dirty for sure, needed ref to give cards out First half. He didn't and so they got away with it.

8 minutes ago, CheshRam said:

A very special day with my family joining me. A great pre- and end-of-match atmosphere.  I was back in the East stand again for the first time in a few years (SW normally these days). I was disappointed to hear quite a bit of direct criticism/shouting at our players, which is the reason I left the East stand (having had a stand-up argument with a few ‘I pay, I’m entitled’ brigade. Poor play by individual players should be met with encouragement in my book, or at least keep it muted. . I’ll be returning to the SW corner ASAP.

Got a ticket in the Toyota stand behind the dugouts heard quite a bit of criticism around me couldn’t believe it when one old boy said that’s the best thing that could have happened when Jozwiak went off injured ?

30 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Some things money can’t buy. That equaliser after the Birmingham fans thoughtful song was one of them. 

Yeah, singing gleefully about the death of a football club is a bit thick when your own club is struggling and your stadium has been poisoning people with asbestos fibres for years. 

Fair play to their fans who supported the march, but their support in general hasn't moved on from the 80s.

11 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Great day. Four generations of my family there today and we all marched in solidarity. 

Lovely to see Keogh and Johnson in the West Stand cheering "our team" on.

On another note,hope the fella in the West Stand needing medical attention near the end is OK.

Was he there.  Can we have 2.5 million quid for his ticket.

From first to last, that was emotional. From coming down Irongate and hearing the chants, seeing the flags, smoke and sheer number of people. Walking as one through OUR city, the onlookers shocked, smiling, proud, applauding, BEWILDERED. Booming through Cokc Pitt Island, then understanding the scale of the march as we crested the Pride Park flyover and looked forwards and back. 12,000 Derbeians from all backgrounds, a moment never to be forgotten.

Then getting to Pride Park, heading into the tightly packed concourse, and out to the seat. The swell of noise as 29000 Rams roared their support. It all got a bit dusty as Jamie bellowed our anthem, spontaneous applause, all 4 corners of the ground united as one. The flags, the scarves, the banners, bleeding black and white.

Good of the lads to give us an hour for a breather before taking us back to the raucous highs of earlier to snatch a draw on this day of days. Home to scour the socials and catch a breath.

I'll never forget this one, I'm more devoted than ever. We're Derby County, we'll fight to the end.

Edited by TomBustler1884
Change from rooster Pitt Island!

14 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

The ‘go 1 goal up and time waste’ tactic is the worst of all the championship tactics and nearly never works.

You're basically telling you your opposition you don’t fancy it anymore.

The ref didn’t help. When he finally booked their keeper, every single goalkick after that he made a point of looking anywhere but at the keeper.

For those pointing fingers on the second goal the lino could have no idea who headed the ball... Luckily no var....and for the overhead point them to this and Mengi did not pull away from the challeng

What exactly is the high boot rule in football

There actually is no such rule.

The IS a part of Law 12: "Playing in a dangerous manner "

Law 12 says:

Playing in a dangerous manner is defied as any action that, while
trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player
himself). It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent
from playing the ball for fear of injury.
A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the
referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent.

26 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Great day. Four generations of my family there today and we all marched in solidarity. 

Lovely to see Keogh and Johnson in the West Stand cheering "our team" on.

On another note,hope the fella in the West Stand needing medical attention near the end is OK.

Saw a youngish gentleman being taken out to an ambulance sitting in a wheelchair with oxygen mask so perhaps that was him. To be fair he looked like most of us felt I think

24 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Yeah he was there. Sat in West Stand with Jonno.

Spoke to him and thanked him for his efforts for Derby County. His reply,was thanks,it means alot and this is our club.

Nice to know Keogh was there - always felt like he was a scapegoat and they just wanted him off the books. Was he just in amongst the fans?

Who's Jonno btw? Feel like I'm being a bit dumb. 

2 minutes ago, Simo said:

Nice to know Keogh was there - always felt like he was a scapegoat and they just wanted him off the books. Was he just in amongst the fans?

Who's Jonno btw? Feel like I'm being a bit dumb. 

Michael Johnson, I presume.