Birmingham City (H) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

Great result!! Got to love the spirit shown by every player and have to be happy with a point despite a poor performance and being 2 behind. If we can pick our performances back up and manage to get around 7 pts against boro hull and peterborough we’re going to be in touching distance of safety! COYR?

Incredible manager. Incredible staff. Incredible support. What this team is doing is amazing. Special special day. You cannot count this team out. How many times this season have we said it’s over and then they’ve come back and defied us. This season has been great just enjoying the football the closeness between the squad and the fans which hasn’t been like this in my 30+ years of supporting Derby and 25 years of watching them, and not looking at the league table. We’re now actually looking at the league table. We’re now in the last 18 games of the season and we’ve given ourselves a chance. That is a feat in itself! 

Frustrating today. We had a brilliant start, they scored with their first attack and we didn’t recover until we were 2-0 down but that last half hour was excellent and the last 15 mins including stoppage was heroic. You can’t count this team out. Every week i feel even prouder to be a ram!! 

??????????????

Just now, WystonRam said:

Why is there a collective opinion from the Brum fans and press that they missed “several” chances to put the game to bed ? We had more shots on and off target than them. Bowyer doesn’t know how Hogan didn’t get a hat trick ???

He didn’t have 3 shots, that’s probably part of the reason.

2 minutes ago, twelveincher said:

2 minutes ago, twelveincher said:

He had a one on one in the first half and failed to connect with on that went across the goal in the second half. 

I think bowyers right. 

1 minute ago, RIMBAUD said:

He had a one on one in the first half and failed to connect with on that went across the goal in the second half. 

I think bowyers right. 

Maybe I was exaggerating a touch, but he can’t be expected to score every chance he gets? If that was the case then Derby win 10-9

Yet again Derby have made one point feel like we got 7! And yet again we had to play 14 men playing for Birmingham. I was posting on FB "Is the ref a Blue" after two awful decisions in the first 75 seconds! And before long I was posting "Yes, with flashing blue lights on top!" The officials were absolutely terrible yet again, and should have  had an absolute barrage of Boooos at half time, but we fans seem to have become de-sensitised to crap refs. Joswaick's match was ended early by  3 terrible tackles, 2 worth yellow cards, and the last a two-footed lunge, which should have been a red. Weird that only Roy Mac spotted that one. Oh, and never mind the cards, we didn't get a single free-kick for any of them. And so it went on all match. I am slipping up though, because I was unaware of Mengi's handball.

The occasion, the way Bowyer set his team up, and their pressing meant hat we weren't at the races for much of the match, and for goodness sake, when we have got the ball, we have got to get out of the mentality that the only ball on is a back pass to Allsopp. There were far too many players taking the easy (coward's) option instead of trying to get things moving. Only Thompson seemed to have an idea of which direction we were supposed to be playing. On top of that we didn't get the run of the ball at all, and Birmingham benefitted from lucky last minute blocks loads of times.

We began to look the part when CKR  came on, but the game changer was Beilik. Apparently he was only at about 70%, although he seemed to be well up with the pace of the game almost immediately, and suddenly the match had turned.

Let's see what we can do to Huddersfield on Tuesday!

Really difficult playing against a physical "anti-football " kind of team who were sent out to nullify the crowd, waste time, take the sting out of it all, get a foot in and leave several feet in (sees off Joswiak). Two moments stand out, Plange unable to make his good positioning pay off in first few minutes, Taylor making his mark a minute or so later. Then, it was always attrition. Boot the ball long, take out the man if he gets beyond you and grow a beard taking any throw in, free kick goal kick, horrible tactics. Not surprised by the sucker punch second, but astounded the similar chance went begging from same type of move. But then Derby had the possession, Thompson, Bird and Knight got stuck in, Byrne and Festy got beyond them without having surgical tackles removing ligaments. Plange's strike was first rate, there's always going to be a last chance, won't there? And it's Bielik with an overhead in the second minute after the five were up. Absolutely deserved in the context of their timewasting and cynicism. And its a Bowyer side. Isn't karma wonderful?

Edited by Olaf Penge