Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Some may think not?

According to the forum rules, strictly speaking, it may not be allowed, if it's offensive, etc.

And sometimes I wonder if hatred of football rivals is a good idea! And if it promotes wider hatred! It's just that I've grown up with it! It's normal within football. Today, the Forest chanted, "Stand up, if you hate Derby." And we bounce to say similar about Forest.

Maybe it's good that football allows us to vent our frustrations at another club, rather than at people of particular skin colour, and so on.

38 minutes ago, Rev said:

Two yellows for me, although I can see the point of those arguing for more.

What undid Ravel was the poor control, most times the ball runs away from a player and they then launch themselves at the ball, you'll get a red card, regardless of the actual contact made.

Grabban could possibly not have followed through so forcefully, but I've enough doubt to say a yellow was fair.

Grabban, pushes his foot through with force and studs up. You can see him readjust at the last second, not the action of someone pulling out of challenge...

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Grabban, pushes his foot through with force and studs up. You can see him readjust at the last second, not the action of someone pulling out of challenge...

I try to judge these things in real time.

I thought both were yellows, but I can see how a ref might come to the decisions he did.

In real time, I was more bothered by Ravels poor touch than his challenge.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I try to judge these things in real time.

I thought both were yellows, but I can see how a ref might come to the decisions he did.

In real time, I was more bothered by Ravels poor touch than his challenge.

This is it. No-one would have felt aggreived with two yellows, and even two reds would have felt more even. But we don't seem to get the rub of the green on anything at the moment.

Apparently the same referee sent one of our players off the last time he reffed us? 

Right o chaps and chapesses. @angieram has been vainly trying to keep a lid on this argument so...

1. Its in the wrong place, if you want to discuss it go and start a thread in the Jim Smith room.

2. This one is to discuss the blatant cheating of a blind referee and reddog lover (no ducking pun intended).

3. We will shut this down if it carries on.

4. Its Saturday night after a tough week for all of us so give us all a break and take it easy please.

???

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Right o chaps and chapesses. @angieram has been vainly trying to keep a lid on this argument so...

1. Its in the wrong place, if you want to discuss it go and start a thread in the Jim Smith room.

2. This one is to discuss the blatant cheating of a blind referee and reddog lover (no ducking pun intended).

3. We will shut this down if it carries on.

4. Its Saturday night after a tough week for all of us so give us all a break and take it easy please.

???

you-want-some-got-no-fans.gif.daafae8d46eb09487f8b9578dd34af05.gif

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

This is it. No-one would have felt aggreived with two yellows, and even two reds would have felt more even. But we don't seem to get the rub of the green on anything at the moment.

Apparently the same referee sent one of our players off the last time he reffed us? 

This:

305CCD98-6BF2-4D53-9833-EC7D42F65A40.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Rambam said:

There should never be fans of one team ABOVE fans of the opposition. It’s lunacy.

Perhaps there should be a police officer or steward there to stop this sort of thing? Thats what happens at some grounds you know.

In fact, I shall throw a glass bottle at the Brum fans next week to see if its allowed at Derby.

Ill let you know how I get on when I get bail.......

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Perhaps there should be a police officer or steward there to stop this sort of thing? Thats what happens at some grounds you know.

In fact, I shall throw a glass bottle at the Brum fans next week to see if its allowed at Derby.

Ill let you know how I get on when I get bail.......

I have only been to the City Ground once in my life. When we complained at things being thrown at us the stewards just laughed. 

Me and many people I know who are otherwise away game regulars just don't go there.

Second worst stewards I have experienced.  Leeds being the worst! ?

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I have only been to the City Ground once in my life. When we complained at things being thrown at us the stewards just laughed. 

Me and many people I know who are otherwise away game regulars just don't go there.

Second worst stewards I have experienced.  Leeds being the worst! ?

Been once. Not in a rush to go again.