Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not too devastated by the result. Derbies are different, and Cardiff and Reading lost (shame about Hull) . A number of the lads played poorly - Bird well off his best, Stearman was average and Morrison when he came on was a liability. Thought Buchanan and Byrne had good games and of course Tommo and Knight. Didn’t understand the starting line up that well and certainly didn’t get the substitutions. Bringing Festy off an error and bringing Morrison and Sibley on, well certainly didn’t get that. Sibley’s discipline is a problem he needs to grow up. On we go. Need to regain momentum, it’s still on.

I personally though Byrne was poor. He appears ro run around a lot, without much end product. Furthermore he's not actually got that much pace, and certainly didn't get the better of Forest's full backs. How many times does he set off on a run, only to stop, turn round, then run back towards our goal, or pass it back. I for one wouldn't be surprised if he is moved on as and when we have others to cover that position.

As for Sibley, I feel for him. He only gets given a few minutes here and there to try and turn a game around. He's therefore under huge pressure to make an impact. That's never going to help him be calm. If he started a few more games, or came on earlier, he might have more chance to settle into the game rather than being so fired up!

We are so limited with our current options especially if needing to chase a a game - Richards is more useful as a sub especially if we have to put the ball into the box with a few centre half’s there, Buchanan played and did ok for a lad who has been injured for so long - Belick will be be even worse fitness wise - 

14 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

(Hopefully) Final points for today:

Sky: Cooper’s a tactical genius

Me: Not really, he moved an obviously struggling midfielder out of defence and into midfield because he had the players to do so. Derby couldn’t respond to this because of the EFL transfer embargo in place meaning weve lost two valuable players to how we were setting up. Can I mention we also aren’t being paid for this game?

Final point…

…those Forest flags…a bit crap?

What’s this about not being paid for yesterday’s match?

13 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

What’s this about not being paid for yesterday’s match?

The EFL are withholding the TV monies because we have been behind with transfer payments to other clubs.

Hopefully they are just "looking after" the money so the instalments can be paid out of it.

i cannot see the efl passing up on the opportunity to dish out more punishment to dcfc after yesterdays assault by the gumps.we will be fined £7m,payable by the first of feb,then docked 3 points if we pay it before we have given boro and wigan their pay offs.lawrence will be suspended for a month and fined for standing near a mad man,sibbo will also be suspended for a month and fined for putting his head in a maniacs arms.dcfc will be fined for allowing the players to try to walk down the tunnel.the gumps will get a warning for not ensuring the safety of their players

12 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

i cannot see the efl passing up on the opportunity to dish out more punishment to dcfc after yesterdays assault by the gumps.we will be fined £7m,payable by the first of feb,then docked 3 points if we pay it before we have given boro and wigan their pay offs.lawrence will be suspended for a month and fined for standing near a mad man,sibbo will also be suspended for a month and fined for putting his head in a maniacs arms.dcfc will be fined for allowing the players to try to walk down the tunnel.the gumps will get a warning for not ensuring the safety of their players

And for the throwing of several flares.

1 hour ago, Addingham Ram said:

I personally though Byrne was poor. He appears ro run around a lot, without much end product. Furthermore he's not actually got that much pace, and certainly didn't get the better of Forest's full backs. How many times does he set off on a run, only to stop, turn round, then run back towards our goal, or pass it back. I for one wouldn't be surprised if he is moved on as and when we have others to cover that position.

As for Sibley, I feel for him. He only gets given a few minutes here and there to try and turn a game around. He's therefore under huge pressure to make an impact. That's never going to help him be calm. If he started a few more games, or came on earlier, he might have more chance to settle into the game rather than being so fired up!

Agree about Sibley but not about Byrne….

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

We are so limited with our current options especially if needing to chase a a game - Richards is more useful as a sub especially if we have to put the ball into the box with a few centre half’s there, Buchanan played and did ok for a lad who has been injured for so long - Belick will be be even worse fitness wise - 

Seem to remember Bielik looking really unfit when he came back from injury last time but quickly got back to match fitness….

46 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

DCFC should show them this in mitigation. 

16 hours ago, S8TY said:

Haven’t read rest of thread but I thought Rooney got it wrong  today think Plange should’ve started and ebosele from bench too seems to have been working when legs are tired 

don’t think Plange coming on with 25 to go has as much impact as CKR coming on …off days for Bird and Thompson for me and Morrison as usual slows the game down and doesn’t make the quick obvious pass thought Joziak would’ve come on instead of Sibley ( did he touch the ball ?) also when Cooper changed it we seemed to not react to it tactically 

still great effort and still lots to play for …think we missed Jags today hope Bielik back soon 

think Thommos yellow card affected his game quite a lot

21 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

think Thommos yellow card affected his game quite a lot

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think getting kicked in the wotsits didn't help!

It did effect his game getting booked that early. It didn’t seem to bother Grabban though, after kicking Thommo in the said wotsits he committed at least 4 more fouls without even a word from the ref