Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

(Hopefully) Final points for today:

Sky: Cooper’s a tactical genius

Me: Not really, he moved an obviously struggling midfielder out of defence and into midfield because he had the players to do so. Derby couldn’t respond to this because of the EFL transfer embargo in place meaning weve lost two valuable players to how we were setting up. Can I mention we also aren’t being paid for this game?

Final point…

…those Forest flags…a bit crap?

26 minutes ago, Diego said:

...because what’s the point?the EFL won’t retrospectively ban any of the following decisions:

Grabban on Thompson

Samba on Lawrence + mentalist antics 

Who the hell grabbed Sibley at the end?

Nothing will come of it as the EFL will turn a blind eye where the Rams are concerned. 

Was that Cafu (although he didn't seem old enough!)? He then started on another player.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

(Hopefully) Final points for today:

Sky: Cooper’s a tactical genius

Me: Not really, he moved an obviously struggling midfielder out of defence and into midfield because he had the players to do so. Derby couldn’t respond to this because of the EFL transfer embargo in place meaning weve lost two valuable players to how we were setting up. Can I mention we also aren’t being paid for this game?

Final point…

…those Forest flags…a bit crap?

Oi flags have feelings ya know.

3 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Glad that one is out of the way - we took 3 points from our last two games when realistically we'd have been happy with two draws.

Onto Birmingham next weekend - a good 8 day break for the boys to re-group and go and get 3 points to keep the pressure on.

We have to be the 12th man again next weekend like we have been so far. Don't let the game being on Sky put you off from going. We need 24k inside that ground again. 

COYR

Already sold more than that.

28 minutes ago, Rev said:

I have this image of you rolling up your sleeves, and popping your stern glasses on when typing this.

Brilliant.. made me think of my sister in law who was an attendance officer at a school near Luton. She ran an after school football team. Kids seen standing outside the  heads office weren’t worried about the head. They just didn’t want to be seen by Mrs S because they got dropped from her first team … no appeal. … it was a very effective disciplinary tool 

Two yellows for me, although I can see the point of those arguing for more.

What undid Ravel was the poor control, most times the ball runs away from a player and they then launch themselves at the ball, you'll get a red card, regardless of the actual contact made.

Grabban could possibly not have followed through so forcefully, but I've enough doubt to say a yellow was fair.

1 hour ago, Diego said:

Found myself today completely resigned to moaning about the decisions because what’s the point?the EFL won’t retrospectively ban any of the following decisions:

Grabban on Thompson

Samba on Lawrence + mentalist antics 

Who the hell grabbed Sibley at the end?

Nothing will come of it as the EFL will turn a blind eye where the Rams are concerned. 

This is why the admins sold Shinnie, to pay the fine they knew would be incoming.

3 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

So we're now at a stage where any slight on a person or persons hair colour is sean as derogatory.

But the original complainant freely posted the word GUMP/S at fellow fans in Nottingham

GUMP

: a foolish or dull-witted person

Is this allowed or was that seen as derogatory...asking for a friend.

I think it is allowed!

For me I give way to Sky's team, they claim its a red card, I've accepted that.

Any way, in the big scheme of things, not sure it has weight - I mean Derby at the time of writing this, haven't been saved from liquidation.

I will be sad if one of the last game thar Derby plays, is one in which, we lost to forest.

47 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Final final point! Just to call out this crappy behaviour from before the game, sure those of us who have been to the city ground haven’t been made to feel overly welcome by police/club staf but this seemed so pointlessly stupid/ignorant.

It’s not discrimination, they hate all Derby fans equally.