Pay Boro/Wycombe vs Liquidation/Phoenix club?

Red Ram

Pay Boro/Wycombe vs Liquidation/Phoenix club?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agreeing to pay them off would be the end of the football league as an entity. The competition would have no integrity and on a practical level, who's going to do stuff like referee games in an environment where some chancer could throw a lawsuit at you for wrongly awarding a corner etc?

If Gibson succeeds, the whole edifice will crumble.

So A.

10 minutes ago, roboto said:

Do we need more topics on this? Especially after that story has been debunked by Quantuma statements this morning.

All Quantuma have said is that 

"there is no further progress with the claims of Middlesbrough and Wycombe, but these will not prevent a preferred bidder from being named. After that Carl [administrator Carl Jackson] hopes further discussions can take place with all parties and hopes an agreement can still be arrived at."

That doesn't mean these claims aren't a barrier to concluding the sale. Wigan had multiple preferred bidders before coming out of administration.

Believe the admins that this isn't the hold up and, particularly if Ashley comes in (I suspect his late interest was the hold up), this will be resolved swiftly.

That being said, not living in the area, I'm desperate for the club to survive as is.  There is no way you'll get a non-local little lad interested in a phoenix club and I'm desperate to take my son to the rams in the future

1 hour ago, Red Ram said:

Genuinely interested to know what majority view is given the possibility that we may not be able to proceed with a sale to new owners without first resolving the Boro and Wycombe claims (if, that is, the recent article by Nixon is accurate)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17263430/Derby-middlesbrough-wycombe-efl-compensation/

What is a significant amount of money? Both claims are wildly inflated so I cannot imagine anyone being willing to pay the full amount, especially as the consensus is that the claims are without merit.

It is a joke. I won't answer the pole as there is no case to answer. If by any perverse chance there is, then the EFL will be bankrupted by all the claims and counter claims from other clubs who could take action against them for similar cases where they didn't apply rules in an even handed fashion. This is a diversion by 1) The chancer who runs Wycombe and 2)  The self righteous seemingly obsessed individual who runs Boro.

This isn't a rant its common sense, and surprisingly for some, English commercial law has a lot of common sense written in to it.

Duck um.  If not paying them means Derby having to start again at the bottom of the football pyramid, so be it. I wouldn't give this pair of bamfords my used bog paper

If the ELF along with all the chairmen, owners of every other football club allows this farce to drive us out of existence. It will leave it's self and a number of other clubs open to being sued. Not just by other clubs but also every supporter that feels cheated by the actions of the EFL.

18 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

This would have all been so much easier if Boro and Wycombe had lodged their claims against Mel Morris personally, rather than at a club he is no longer in charge of. 

It wouldn't Stiv. They were competing against Derby County FC. But the whole thing is laughable