The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You still studying, or is this view as a result of a few months work/business experience?  How many times have you sang Duck the EFL in the last few months. I am all for Q treating them with total disdain.

Agreed, but while they hold the league membership and can apparently take it away from the club on a whim, it’s probably best to at least pay lip service to them until we’re out of the mire.

Gets my back up when the usual suspects fans are straight onto that twitter 'news' saying that 'They(we)' we are obviously up to no good and need punishing (again) somehow. Do they actually have the faintest idea what Administration is ? A company has come in and taken over the temporary running of club and there is not a thing we can do about it. As fans, players and coaching team we all want this resolved as soon as is humanly possible because we're utterly sick of the delay, uncertainty and general helplessness. However the club is being run by a 3rd party with the sole interests of the entity that appointed them, that's how it works.

These morons can't seem to separate an irrational and fanatical hatred of DCFC with something completely out of our power. WR and the boys turn up and do what they can on the pitch and us fans support them as best we can, that's it.. end of story. All the finances, admin and PR of the club are the sole responsibility of the Administrators. We don't in effect have a club at the moment we have someone else in charge who doesn't care about football or fans or frankly any of this, they just want the best settlement for who they represent. That isn't necessarily a criticism, just the reality of our desperate situation.

These ill-informed fans of other clubs just need to realise that there isn't some secret Satan-worshipping DCFC 'elites' laughing and cackling in a boardroom in PP, there are just some administrators... and they'd sell the turf from under the players boots if they thought it would squeeze a bit more cash out for their client. Nothing, absolutely noting that is happening is DCFCs 'fault' because there is no DCFC as such and won't be until such time as someone actually buys us and takes over running of it. Until then this is 100% the Administrators show.

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You still studying, or is this view as a result of a few months work/business experience?  How many times have you sang Duck the EFL in the last few months. I am all for Q treating them with total disdain.

Yep they're meeting them in a couple of days aren't they. Why tell them everything before the meeting if you're having a meeting. What will they talk about at the meeting? Who do you think sets the agenda and what will it say? 

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Exactly this, it's a tactic i believe they should have been using with the EFL since day 1.

If they had done this from Day 1, I believe we would be out of Admin by now with a new owner settling in.

Boro and Whackem would have not been able to have any meaningful input into the proceedings and UK Admin law would have prevailed.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Just an occasional (weekly?) update from them would take less than 5 minutes and would help. I am sure they can handle the rest of the process perfectly well but their communication is somewhat lacking.

Now that's just being greedy!

I was thinking more once a quarter.  Shall we say the 1st of each April, July, October, January, until they get it over the line!  ?

52 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

This and the statement from two days ago is the EFL politicking, nothing more, nothing less.  They've shown that they care little for us as a club and as fans, nothing for the administrators and leak like a sieve. They don't like the fact that Q are ploughing their own furrow but they like even less the political pressure they are under regarding an independent regulator. 

These two statements are designed purely and simply to say that 'this is not our fault'.  If it goes wrong 'we weren't involved when we might have helped' (yeah, right); if it goes OK and we get a new owner then it 'might have gone even better/quicker if we were involved' (yeah, even more right).  It's positioning, pure and simple.

Just now, CBRammette said:

Yep they're meeting them in a couple of days aren't they. Why tell them everything before the meeting if you're having a meeting. What will they talk about at the meeting? Who do you think sets the agenda and what will it say? 

EFL delivering statements for there own self-serving purposes. They are trying to recover some moral high ground, after a few weeks of being put in a high chair. As you say a meeting on Friday. Hopefully Q tell them very little that day too. This is war. Reveal on a need to know basis only. Duck em.

I think the EFL are utterly deplorable and not fit for purpose as much as the next person, but they’ve got a point here. 

They agreed a deadline with the Administrators, which was also an extension to an original deadline. Sorry but they are more than within their rights to be a bit miffed that the Admins aren’t answering calls or emails and have provided no update, that deadline has now passed. 

Weeks ago, the EFL (quite rightly) had enormous pressure and fingers pointed at it  nationally to start taking action and support the club in finding a buyer. 

Now they’re chasing the Admins for updates for just that, people are chastising them for getting involved, they can’t win. 

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

EFL delivering statements for there own self-serving purposes. They are trying to recover some moral high ground, after a few weeks of being put in a high chair. As you say a meeting on Friday. Hopefully Q tell them very little that day too. This is war. Reveal on a need to know basis only. Duck em.

I'm all behind this wholeheartedly, however I just hope this doesn't give the EFL chance to deflect from their own misgivings. We've worked so hard to show them up for who they are, it would be tragic if the the pendulum swung back the other way. We can see they are point scoring with these statements but do the wider public? 

Edited by Steve How Hard?

Someone on talksport  said today that they thought the fact we didn’t sell Tom Lawrence when we had a 2-3m pound offer on table was outrageous !

I think the opposite ….if Q didn’t think we’d have funds coming in as an admin I’m pretty sure they would’ve sold Tom but they didn’t and if we go to the wall questions would have to be answered by Q regarding why they didn’t get 3m in ….so duck the EFL and let them wait …a PB and way out is on the way and keeping them in the quiet at this stage I think is important …because someone has been leaking information about the negotiations so duck em