The Administration Thread

Boycie

It’s simple. Mel doesn’t trust the EFL at all, so won’t underwrite any output from an arbitration hearing. You can understand that.

Boro know they will lose, so they will reject and say they want it down the arbitration route.

EFL have a way out here but will they have the balls to proceed with it or stay tucked up in bed with Gibson.

If there is no arbitration hearing as we simply refuse, club gets liquidated and everyone loses.

How bad do the EFL look then to loses their biggest team (supporter wise), millions of pounds are not received by creditors, and especially when there were both offers on the table AND an underwritten offer for a court of law appointment.

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Backed them both into a corner now. If they refuse it’s blatantly clear they want to see this club go under. They’ve been offered a chance to get their money, why would they care where from? 

They don`t but i bet they care if given a large one from Mel`s legal team , (i hear they are big in the silk department)

Thanks Mel. I could still say an awful lot about him that wouldn’t get past the filter on this forum, but I appreciate what he’s finally doing.

Now it’s time for the vultures to really show their true colours. They’re rumoured to be willing to accept about £7mil out of a claim “worth” over £50mil collectively, so that should say enough as it is. Their response to this move will hopefully tell the world everything you need to know about the individuals behind the claims.

3 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

So if (and big if) Boro and WW accept Mel's offer, surely that frees us to confirm the preferred bidder?

I know it's still a big if but let's get Festy on the phone before he puts pen to paper.

This is one of the many areas where the EFL rules fail, you can't own 2 clubs in this country but there's nothing to stop you owning clubs in 2 countries and many owners have exploited this already. So Udinese can sign festy without paying any compo and then loan him to play for Watford next season.

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

There’s a lot to process in that statement, but the bit about the scheduling of the ‘Boro hearing is genuinely astonishing, given what’s been said by them and the EFL. We’ve been trying to schedule it since they made the claim, but the earliest their counsel was available was May 2022…

So much ammo to take both of them to court I really do hope this ends them, clearly conspiring to get us liquidated and they’re meant to protect their members. 

44 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

This could be huge

40 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Cautious question - who is this guy?

Edit:

Scrub that!  It's official now, so only nice things to be said about the delectably handsome former owner.  This is no time to belittle the man!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

19 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Wow, Mel Morris comes out of nowhere. It really is damning on the EFL and Boro actions. Pretty much saying EFL are scared of Boro, EFL make up stuff as they go along and Boro are in fantasy land.

It didn't even mention how Harvey would help clubs use these loopholes. I recall he actually told at least 1 club that another was cashing in on their stadium to boost their P&S position.