The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

So I’ve actually had a day where my jam packed diary has meant I’ve had no choice but to actually work so not been checking and now about caught up with all the non stories. 

We have a factual joint statement from Derby/EFL confirming they’ve kicked the can down the road for another month. That’s exactly what I was expecting tbh.

We have Percy saying HMRC and stadium are issues and Appleby is frustrated and threatening to pull out. Leaked from Trevor Birch no doubt.

We have Nixon saying similar but Appleby doesn’t have the money lined up and Ashley is frustrated, but doing what he always does low balling and waiting for the other bids to fail. Leaked from Trevor Birch no doubt but with his own spin on it.

However for me the most interesting piece of the day was the interview with Garry Cook. While he said something we all know and suspect, it’s interesting someone who was so actively involved in the acquisition is basically saying the problem is neither Mel, Gibson, or the EFL will back down from their high horse and until one of them does nothing will happen and Derby are at serious risk. ??‍♂️

Hope the MPs can sort them out I really do!

But at least Rooney isn’t in the final 3 Everton candidates ?

Do you have a link to the Cook interview please? The article in the DET appears to have been redacted, based on the comments.

56 minutes ago, Rev said:

WAKE UP ADMINS.

You've got a crowd of thousands marching down on Sunday, and arriving an hour early!

Get the fan park open, get Joey Greener on doing his stuff, contact @superdavefor bookings.

Even book @Inverurie Ram for a pre match and post match DJ set.

Get those food stalls and beer tills ringing ten to the dozen, and watch the cash roll in.

Show some imagination for god's sake.

I'll be fast asleep on Sunday. I'm just in my bed after seeing The Stranglers play for 2 hours, supported by The Ruts and I'm off to see Suggs on Saturday night for his "I'm not a c@nt" tour. 

As for The Administration. I think they are just an illusion.............but Belouis Some might be available......

5 hours ago, CBRammette said:

So if it all boiled down to Mel actually taking some responsibility and publicly apologising (rather than blaming covid etc) for Gibson/EFL to back down to save the club would he?

I know most on here think Simon Jordan is a bit of a joke...but yesterday I found what he said interesting. 

He said he has spoken to Gibson and he is not looking for £45m, and he believed it's 'more in the single millions'. He then said he didn't think it even had to be paid now, there was a deal to be made. He's previously made it clear Gibson had ranted to him at length about Mel and the situation, and been told 2 bidders (presuming Appleby and Ashley) had already talked to Gibson themselves and would deal directly with him.  The impression was he wanted to be seen as being in the right, an apology received and maybe a small payment made and/or an agreement if we went up to the Premier League there would be a few million paid then. 

Not saying I agree we should by any means, but he kept saying 'a deal can be done'. Gibson had clearly told him he doesn't want our destruction he wants an admittance that we were in the wrong, its a personal issue between Mel and him. I don't think Ashley would need to blast him out the water,  just pat him on the head, say sorry and throw him a few quid. 

Anyway, know most people will disregard what Jordan says, but I thought it worth repeating for anyone who didn't hear it.

8 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

So I’ve actually had a day where my jam packed diary has meant I’ve had no choice but to actually work so not been checking and now about caught up with all the non stories. 

We have a factual joint statement from Derby/EFL confirming they’ve kicked the can down the road for another month. That’s exactly what I was expecting tbh.

We have Percy saying HMRC and stadium are issues and Appleby is frustrated and threatening to pull out. Leaked from Trevor Birch no doubt.

We have Nixon saying similar but Appleby doesn’t have the money lined up and Ashley is frustrated, but doing what he always does low balling and waiting for the other bids to fail. Leaked from Trevor Birch no doubt but with his own spin on it.

However for me the most interesting piece of the day was the interview with Garry Cook. While he said something we all know and suspect, it’s interesting someone who was so actively involved in the acquisition is basically saying the problem is neither Mel, Gibson, or the EFL will back down from their high horse and until one of them does nothing will happen and Derby are at serious risk. ??‍♂️

Hope the MPs can sort them out I really do!

But at least Rooney isn’t in the final 3 Everton candidates ?

Yes the problem with HMRC would be if any money was paid to Wycombe and Middle Borough it would come off the money set to pay the HMRC. So the whole thing goes around in a circle while us fans are getting more and more stressed. 
I think the EFL should say the Wycombe and Middle Borough the ship has sailed for your claims or what I would have liked is they took there claims out against Morris rather than strangling our club.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

I know most on here think Simon Jordan is a bit of a joke...but yesterday I found what he said interesting. 

He said he has spoken to Gibson and he is not looking for £45m, and he believed it's 'more in the single millions'. He then said he didn't think it even had to be paid now, there was a deal to be made. He's previously made it clear Gibson had ranted to him at length about Mel and the situation, and been told 2 bidders (presuming Appleby and Ashley) had already talked to Gibson themselves and would deal directly with him.  The impression was he wanted to be seen as being in the right, an apology received and maybe a small payment made and/or an agreement if we went up to the Premier League there would be a few million paid then. 

Not saying I agree we should by any means, but he kept saying 'a deal can be done'. Gibson had clearly told him he doesn't want our destruction he wants an admittance that we were in the wrong, its a personal issue between Mel and him. I don't think Ashley would need to blast him out the water,  just pat him on the head, say sorry and throw him a few quid. 

Anyway, know most people will disregard what Jordan says, but I thought it worth repeating for anyone who didn't hear it.

Totally makes sense - although gibson is stubbornly and vindictively still happy to carry on putting us under threat of liquidation while his claim there.  The new thread to name names regarding who is obstructing progress is spot on. Time to get out in open what issues are with progressing or we will go round and round

I am sure Gibson would settle for less than £10 million. So would I if I made a spurious claim against someone who had no money.

Someone suggested HMRC may end up with only £7 m. In what parallel universe can it possibly be right for Gibson to get anything approaching what HMRC end up with?   

But how about this.. the club says they will conduct or  co=operate with an independent investigation into the conduct of Mel Morris.. on the provisor that Gibson and Couhig drop their claims against DCFC. They can then go after Morris if he is their pantomime villain. .   

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I am sure Gibson would settle for less than £10 million. So would I if I made a spurious claim against someone who had no money.

Someone suggested HMRC may end up with only £7 m. In what parallel universe can it possibly be right for Gibson to get anything approaching what HMRC end up with?   

But how about this.. the club says they will conduct or  co=operate with an independent investigation into the conduct of Mel Morris.. on the provisor that Gibson and Couhig drop their claims against DCFC. They can then go after Morris if he is their pantomime villain. .   

I'm going to sue you for 500k as I disagreed with some of your posts once. As I'm the better person though, I'll take around 75k. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not saying I disagree!

I'm as frustrated with the spurious claims as anyone.

Just repeating what was said...and considering how his relationships with Keogh, Rush, Rooney, Clement, Pearson etc seem to have developed there is some evidence he can sour formally positive relationships to the point it gets pretty unpleasant. 

Put like that you can see it, and his mind set.  Yet no one really, deep down, denies that we broke the spirit of the rules. We did, and like others tried to find legal ways round them. Many clubs do and have. Subsequently we have been punished with a points deduction and numerous fines and embargoes according to those the same rules. So what is Gibsons moan ? We certainly had no financial advantage over his team so it can only be the timing of the sanctions .. The timing was dictated and applied by the EFL. 

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Not saying I disagree!

I'm as frustrated with the spurious claims as anyone.

Just repeating what was said...and considering how his relationships with Keogh, Rush, Rooney, Clement, Pearson etc seem to have developed there is some evidence he can sour formally positive relationships to the point it gets pretty unpleasant. 

McClaren too

Utter madness if Gibson is allowed to proceed. 

I'd rather dcfc cut a deal with rick parry along the lines of, 

"help us by examining these claims rapidly and finding them to be of no merit so we can move forward. And we'll cooperate in supporting you if Gibbo tries to come after the EFL" 

Gibson isn't due a penny from football the puffed up permed primadonna. If he wants his fragile ego stroked, do so outside the game. 

I'm starting to think that doing a deal with hmrc and 'dealing with boro, wycombe after' are incompatible approaches. Hmrc aren't going to like being told they can be paid £xm when a buyer is willing to be exposed to a higher loss from boro and Wycombe. 

It does make me wonder whether boro or Wycombe have actually quantified their claim at all. 

Part of article from Athletic 

Obviously can’t post it all 

“The Athletic understand that Quantuma has saved enough money through player sales, including the recent departures of Dylan Williams and Graeme Shinnie for fees, and cost-cutting methods to sustain the club until February. Tom Lawrence, Derby’s soon-to-be out of contract club captain and top goalscorer this season, is attracting Premier League and Championship interest after a solid campaign. However, Quantuma has refused bids of up to £450,000 for 20-year-old attacker Louie Sibley, who has appeared only once for the first team since late November, suggesting there is no immediate rush to sell players.”

“Quantuma’s confidence that Derby will exit administration intact derives from noting a provision in the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 that appears to enable them to write off a significant chunk of their debts, including £29 million to HMRC. Quantuma’s plan to offer the taxman the same 25 per cent of what is owed to the unsecured creditors makes Derby a much more attractive option for buyers and explains why the Binnie family has bid only £28 million. However, the law has changed since the last football administration, and the EFL is yet to update its rule book, so the method is not yet approved. The latest update is that the EFL has offered to send the matter to arbitration.”

Edited by Curtains

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

We shouldn’t be paying anything to the parasite clubs - nothing at all - if we were forced to to still be in existence then we should be claiming of QPR right now and make a huge song and dance about it and keep highlighting what those two parasite club chairmen are doing 

47 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm going to sue you for 500k as I disagreed with some of your posts once. As I'm the better person though, I'll take around 75k. Thanks.

And the sub text is:

I’m going to Sue you for 500k and that threat is stopping you from moving on in your life. However, if you pay me 75k now I’ll shut up and go away. (Little do you know that I have no intention of actually going through with the threat because I know I wouldn’t win but you can’t take that risk [insert best Mutley snigger]).

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

And the sub text is:

I’m going to Sue you for 500k and that threat is stopping you from moving on in your life. However, if you pay me 75k now I’ll shut up and go away. (Little do you know that I have no intention of actually going through with the threat because I know I wouldn’t win but you can’t take that risk [insert best Mutley snigger]).

Gibson........DO SOMETHING.......snigger, snigger, snigger............