The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Wasn't the preferred bidder supposed to deposit a non-refundable £5 mill?

Or has that been conveniently side-stepped?

Think it was to see us through to end of season. maybe there is a smaller deposit now we are close to end of season and have found some money by selling youngsters etc.

In October Kirchner stated, and I paraphrase "I am not a Billionaire, I'm not sure this matters, however the Admins are very dilligent and just to get to this stage I had to prove funds of £100m in liquidity"

Now of course it may just be a big con and the administrators have had the wool pulled over their eyes.....but I doubt that.

Edited by Eatonram

8 minutes ago, Oldben said:

It's in the Derby Telegraph, so I wouldn't worry too much about it being true. Poor old "Rammybo65" having "kittens" doesn't "add" anything to "the" situation.

Even if he has not got billions surely if are not liquidated and he can run the club sensibly and sustainably for a couple of years not building up huge debt and inciting other clubs/EFL to pursue a vendetta and spurious made up claims against us, the ship will have steadied, old debt gone and he can look to sell again. Or am I missing something? Our financials from Mel's tenure must look like the worst due diligence report in history and not surprised he couldnt sell. 

25 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Quantuma's job is to get the best deal for the creditors (and probably Quantuma themselves) not DCFC. The EFL have stated that they want to see the best deal for The Club, the fans and the community.

These positions conflict so we may yet not have a ratified deal once the EFL look at it.

it shouldn't matter if CK has wealth or not. We should be aiming to be a club that could be owned and stewarded by fans/community, which would require the club to be self-sustaining. For all MM's faults, his vision for the academy, and how it would fund the club going forward, if executed properly, could and would've worked.

I said under GSE, and to Mel Morris' face at breakfast-gate, I don't want owners pumping millions into the club, I want sensible management and excellent coaching to be the driving force to success. Throwing money at it only papers over ever-growing cracks.

If CK comes in, doesn't spend a dime, but doesn't put the club in further debt and maintains or improves our standing in footballing terms, that's fine by me.

40 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Quantuma's job is to get the best deal for the creditors (and probably Quantuma themselves) not DCFC. The EFL have stated that they want to see the best deal for The Club, the fans and the community.

These positions conflict so we may yet not have a ratified deal once the EFL look at it.

Thank god ! The EFL have got our back. I feel better already ?

Sure, MA has more money than CK but so has Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Bill Gates. Point being size of their wallet is irrelevant if they're not willing to take us on or waiting until we're barely a football club to get us as cheap as possible.

Besides I would have thought as a fanbase we'll be done with sugar daddies and I'm hoping the Derby way of buy high, high wages, get hyped by signing, get disappointed by signing and release on a free to hopefully be a thing of the past.

With the points deduction I think it could be interesting. I think my big takeaway this season is that having teams with deductions is spoiling it somewhat. Not just for is, I mean the competition as a whole. Maybe it’s ok when everyone have something to play for, like mid season and with Sheff Wed last year, but like now there are nearly 10 clubs that it’s more or less decided for with 6 or more games to go. So we have teams that aren’t playing for anything against teams scrapping relegation or sneaking into the play offs with 18 points still up for grabs. 

It’s worth bearing in mind that we can see clubs now doing exactly what we did trying to reach the play offs and clubs spending their parachute money not achieving promotion, it’s quite likely other clubs are gonna be caught through ffp or even have to consider administration so we could be looking at season after season being disrupted by points deductions in the championship.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the EFL become very reluctant to keep handing out deductions and look at other solutions, which is probably what is happening with us now for next year that they will look at another way to hand out a punishment. The only issue is how would Derby feel if the rules change after the couple of seasons we’ve had to endure? Not to mention Bury and Macclesfield.